Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizardgraphicalclient.exe error Plz Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I am new to the game after playing on a friends computer for a few days.

I Downloaded the game on my computer and I keep getting the error

wizardgraphicalclient.exe. and the game shuts down. I have tried searching the forum here and have seen several people with the issue, but very little in the way of reasons or help in fixing the issue.

I have sent a bug report and am waiting a response. My graphic drivers are up to date as well as my directx files. I un-installed and re-installed the game. I've run several spyware, malware, etc programs and have come up with nothing. I have a GeForce 5700LE which is a bit dated I know, but I haven't gotten around to building a new computer yet, but that should be a sufficient enough card to run the game. The graphics look great and the game runs smooth for the 5 or so minutes I actually get to play.

Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Any help

Administrator
Hello,

While we're awaiting some specifics & a DxDiag for your particular situation, we can offer some "generic" advice - defrag. Make sure you've got sufficient memory (Wizard101 is graphical & memory intense). Make sure your video card is cool (if you're running a laptop, be sure to have it sitting some place where breezes can flow though. If you're running a desktop, make sure the fan is able to pull in clean air.).

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Jdsika7 wrote:
I am new to the game after playing on a friends computer for a few days.

I Downloaded the game on my computer and I keep getting the error

wizardgraphicalclient.exe. and the game shuts down. I have tried searching the forum here and have seen several people with the issue, but very little in the way of reasons or help in fixing the issue.

I have sent a bug report and am waiting a response. My graphic drivers are up to date as well as my directx files. I un-installed and re-installed the game. I've run several spyware, malware, etc programs and have come up with nothing. I have a GeForce 5700LE which is a bit dated I know, but I haven't gotten around to building a new computer yet, but that should be a sufficient enough card to run the game. The graphics look great and the game runs smooth for the 5 or so minutes I actually get to play.

Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Any help

It could be that if you don't play the game for about 20 minutes, it shuts off the game. At least that's what happens to me.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I have had this problem in the past myself. right click on your wizard 101 icon and see where it opens from. For some reason mine will get sent to the shutdown file for opening. My son was able to fix this for me by creating a shortcut icon instead. Now it will open in the correct file and works perfectly. I don't know the specifics of how he went about it, but I know it worked!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Thanks for the reply Mr. Lincoln. I have all the "basics" covered as you suggested.

When you stated "awaiting some specifics and a dxdiag", does that information come to you when I sent the bug report or do I need to submit a specific ticket to tech support with a dxdiag included. I am new to the game and not sure how your reporting system works. Please let me know so I can send you the info if need be.

Thanks again.