Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unrealistic beyond the magic?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2011
I have a couple of questions (ok, thingys :D) for players and the Kingsile people. About money (the gold). Don't you think that it is odd that here, a mount costs more then a nice castle (like the cesestia ones)? In the real world, does a car cost more then a house? In the game, it is a tiny bit odd that hatching pets (you might end up with same one,too!) costs more then a house, or some of the mounts maybe? In the real world, does breeding, lets say, birds cost more then a house or maybe even a car? There are many more examples, but my cat needs to be fed, so please post them here, and comment on mine. Thank you.

Saffron Firehunter, level 35 life wizard

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
laulenak wrote:
I have a couple of questions (ok, thingys :D) for players and the Kingsile people. About money (the gold). Don't you think that it is odd that here, a mount costs more then a nice castle (like the cesestia ones)? In the real world, does a car cost more then a house? In the game, it is a tiny bit odd that hatching pets (you might end up with same one,too!) costs more then a house, or some of the mounts maybe? In the real world, does breeding, lets say, birds cost more then a house or maybe even a car? There are many more examples, but my cat needs to be fed, so please post them here, and comment on mine. Thank you.

Saffron Firehunter, level 35 life wizard

Depends on where you live in the real world. I know some places where buying a real lion would cost more than the mud hut you live in.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Defender
May 17, 2011
i mean i general. and i know that a lion can cost more then a mud hut. i am just saying that maybe we should change the prices a little bit here. sorry if my first port was misleading.

Survivor
May 14, 2010
Well, I think the reason mounts cost more than houses is because,
people want mounts more than houses.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I thought I commented on this before, but it doesn't look like it showed up, so I'll try it again.

Mounts and hatching cost more than houses because mounts and hatching pets directly enhance your gameplay experience. Houses do not. They are purely augmentary.

Mounts allow you to go faster. Hatching pets gives you better pets with (hopefully) better abilities. All houses REALLY give is a quick teleporter and games that you can easily get to in any other world. The rest is just for show.

It has nothing to do with what one or the other would cost in real life.

Defender
May 17, 2011
sorry everybody. i never thought of it that way, superwiz1560. thanks for reading, everybody!