Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Exclusive item

AuthorMessage
Administrator
You can find out more information at http://www.wizard101.com/Beckett

The Amaranthine Staff is a limited edition item that grants players five (5) copies of the "Shock" spell card. Shock deals up to 70 points of Storm Magic damage for a cost of 0 pips with 100% accuracy.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
Gamma wrote:
You're right, maybe that was a little confusing.

If you're already a Beckett Subscriber, you will receive your issue in the mail with the code for the staff.

If you are not a Beckett Subscriber and just want to buy the one issue, you can find a list of their retailers on the Beckett website. It's mostly CCG and comic book stores.

If you are not a Beckett Subscriber but want to be, you can go to the 'more info' link and subscribe. You will receive your code via email within a couple of days.*

Hope that helps and I apologize for any confusion.

*Correction - this previously stated immediately

more money spending!!!!! :-) :)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Got my code tonight in my email. Cant wait to try it out when i get home :).
Thank you for the help

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I subscribed to the magazine, they emailed the code. So my new storm character now has the Storm staff.

I noticed you said said 1 item per code. I was interested if there are other items or codes now available?

I have not received my magazine in the mail yet, but I live in Australia. Do you know how long it usually takes and if the current issue has more codes inside the actual magazine?

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
AWW man I think I made a mistake..... I never registered an email adress to get the code.... Didn't know I had to. What should I do?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I actually found out about this game cause I had picked up the latest issue of Beckett Massive Online Magazine. Btw why is Magazine filtered in the game?

Anyway, after I read the review of the game in there I had to try it out and I was hooked ever since. I started my char sat and am at level 18.

Btw, the staff was an awesome boost for a new player. My first battle with the lost souls I had 3 other players join in the battle against 4 souls and I killed all 4 and the other people did not get to cast one spell.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I found out about the game as well from the magazine. And yes i agree. Why is the word magazine filtered? The staff REALLY attracts attention and everyone wants to konw where I got it. Now, try to explain that you got it out of a magazine without using the word magazine. I tried describing it as a book, but that didn't work. Then kept going until I finally typed it out as a rag a seen. That worked and got the point across.

Anyway, about level 4 I started to think that it wasn't that great of a staff. Considering that I had the starter wand that had 6 different attacks. But then the more I thought about it the more I keep using it. It does 70 points of damage, everytime. 100% accuracy. 0 pips. What a deal.

However, I still use the staff because of the looks. <grin>

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Gamma wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't received your code from Beckett.

Did you check the SPAM folder on your email that you gave to the Beckett website?

I'll look in to this and find out more.
Thank you for letting us know.

it is not in my spam folder and the link that your company says to send the confermation of subscription to is undeliverable

Administrator
Sorry you're having problems contacting them.

I'll contact Beckett and ask them what's going on. That is the email address we were given and it previously was valid, but I have no way of knowing what changed on their website.

The code will not become invalid. If you have a code for the staff or the dragon, even if you submit the code months from now, you will get the staff or the dragon, depending on which code you have.

If I get a reply from Beckett with new contact information, I will post it here as well as on the Beckett page.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Administrator
We received this communication from Beckett:

At the beginning of last week we had one day of interuption for MOG@beckett.com. We changed e-mail systems that day. If the person tried to send something that day it might have bounced back. Everything is up and running smoothly right now. We're still receiving MOG@beckett.com emails every day.

Please try reaching them again.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Gamma wrote:
We received this communication from Beckett:

At the beginning of last week we had one day of interuption for MOG@beckett.com. We changed e-mail systems that day. If the person tried to send something that day it might have bounced back. Everything is up and running smoothly right now. We're still receiving MOG@beckett.com emails every day.

Please try reaching them again.

Gamma i got the email from ki telling me the same thing. the problem is i tried for over 3 weeks to contact them. i finally contacted help and suport for ki, was told a new email, and to cc ki i did so if i did not get through it could be forwarded, then got an email telling to send it only to beckett!! i still have not gotten my email back with the code for the april/ may issue, but have recived my bill and the june / july issue. lol great partnership and communication

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I recently just bought the sept/oct addition of Beckett massive online gamer magazine for 2 reasons. first was to check it out and see if I would be interested in a subscription to it and second for the code to the umbra sword. I liked the magazine enough to where I am considering a subscription, but when I put in the code for my umbra sword I got a message saying that it has been redeemed the maximum number of times. the big thing that is bothering me is nowhere in the magazine or on the Wizard 101 website did I see where it states something along the lines of "while supplies last." if this was the case then at the very least the advertisement on the wizard 101 site should be removed because it is a bit misleading.

Administrator
If you get the error message that the code in Beckett magazines has been redeemed too many times, please let Mr Lincoln know by contacting him through the Help & Support tab on the bottom left of this page - look for the Contact Us! tab.

He'll look into why this is happening.

Thank you!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 12, 2009
thank you for your assistance in this Gamma. i have done as you said and look forward to hearing from Mr. Lincoln. you guys are doing a great job on the game and your cust service is great. i work as a call center manager for a cell phone provider and always try to give kudos where it is deserved, and you guys deserve it. this will be yet another reason why i love this game for myself and my seven year old. looking forward to all the future has to hold for the game. again, thank you for the quick and timely response. :D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Zoltar101 wrote:
I recently just bought the sept/oct addition of Beckett massive online gamer magazine for 2 reasons. first was to check it out and see if I would be interested in a subscription to it and second for the code to the umbra sword. I liked the magazine enough to where I am considering a subscription, but when I put in the code for my umbra sword I got a message saying that it has been redeemed the maximum number of times. the big thing that is bothering me is nowhere in the magazine or on the Wizard 101 website did I see where it states something along the lines of "while supplies last." if this was the case then at the very least the advertisement on the wizard 101 site should be removed because it is a bit misleading.

Probably someone went into the store and wrote down the code without buying the mag. It isn't like the gift cards which need to be scratched off, so abuse can happen. I hope KI applies policy about cheating to those found doing this....

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Gamma wrote:
No Orca, you own the code, it's good for one staff on one character. You can redeem it now, or a year from now, it will always only be good for that one staff.
thats good news cause if you had to enter in the code in a limited amount of time it wouldn't be fair

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Is it possible to still get the code and use it? I have been looking everywhere online to get the Amaranthine Staff and I found out it was in the May/June issue of BeckettMOG and when I go to the shop on thier website, that issue isn't there. I REALLY want to buy one, but i can't, and I'm not happy. >:l

Administrator
Backissues and individual magazines are available from Becket directly at http://store.beckett.com/Gaming-and-Entertainment-Magazines/

xEvan117x wrote:
Is it possible to still get the code and use it? I have been looking everywhere online to get the Amaranthine Staff and I found out it was in the May/June issue of BeckettMOG and when I go to the shop on thier website, that issue isn't there. I REALLY want to buy one, but i can't, and I'm not happy. >:l

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Backissues and individual magazines are available from Becket directly at http://store.beckett.com/Gaming-and-Entertainment-Magazines/

xEvan117x wrote:

Yes, I've already found the MOG issues on the Beckett Store, but the the Amaranthine Staff or Umbra Blade come in issues 18 + 20, and both of those aren't there.