Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Rhinoceros Mount - Major Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
If a player is a Passenger on the Mount while a the mount enters a building such as a house or bazaar. the Driver contiunes to control the two players as they move around the house. (they appear to be standing on top of eachother). The Passanger since they are no longer on the mount cannot "get off" and is stuck on the other player unable to move of there own accord. If the driver goes back out side the passager will be once again automaticly placed as a passenger on the mount. Then they may or maynot be then allowed to exit the mount (sometimes it still locks them on it.)

When entering a building it should automaticly kick the passanger off.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
darkshadw8 wrote:
If a player is a Passenger on the Mount while a the mount enters a building such as a house or bazaar. the Driver contiunes to control the two players as they move around the house. (they appear to be standing on top of eachother). The Passanger since they are no longer on the mount cannot "get off" and is stuck on the other player unable to move of there own accord. If the driver goes back out side the passager will be once again automaticly placed as a passenger on the mount. Then they may or maynot be then allowed to exit the mount (sometimes it still locks them on it.)

lol yeah i had this happen ( by the way i am kinda pretty lucky my friend got the super bundle :D ) so anyways ya i posted this on you tube its like the person is your mount but he controls you XD lolz, well lets just say this person is your indoor mount when it happens just he controls you

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I think this mount is way too large. The size needs to be scaled down. As far as that goes I believe the bone dragon and werven mounts also need to be reduced in size a bit too. And I don't really care to have a hawk hovering over my head either.

My reasoning: These large mounts block the view for other players. They dominate the screen and make it very difficult to safely move past or around them when traveling on sidewalks.

I am not sure, but sometimes it even seems that when these large mounts pass you on a sidewalk, you can find yourself pushed off the sidewalk and into an unwanted street battle.

To me, it appears that these mounts appeal to a specific sort of personality. From my observations these personalities are usually the more aggressive, or even bully types of players. I am not saying that all who ride these mounts are pushy, but many of my encounters with such mount riders are not nice encounters.

Yesterday I observed a Rhino rider in the commons actually selling rides on his mount. He was demanding gifts or treasure cards before allowing a rider aboard. The ride consisted of a short trip around the pond then the passenger was dismounted. I know it was the choice of the passenger to submit to such extortion for a short ride around the pond. But I do not believe KI had this intention for such a mount.

KI, please consider the size scale of objects that can affect the game play. These large mounts could be just as appealing if they were scaled down to the size of other mounts such as the horse, big cats, or dragons.

Bigger is not always better. From my persective, in the game, Bigger mounts are something to be avoided, they block your view and can push you into places you don't want to go.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
darkshadw8 wrote:

as far as i'm concerned, getting on the rhino is the biggest glitch by far! It doesn't allow for anyone to mount. Any suggestions on this!?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I also am having this problem, but i am also having another. my passenger is not getting credit when we do a dungeon. That means we have to go back in and do it all over. After the 2nd time, we have just been getting off the mount before entering the dungeon.

As for the size of the mount, i see nothing wrong with it, i like the mount and have gave many people rides for there enjoyment FOR FREE! It also helps people with mutiable accounts to quest together. I think this was a great idle KI, keep of the good work and cant wait to see what you have for us next.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
mend64 wrote:

as far as i'm concerned, getting on the rhino is the biggest glitch by far! It doesn't allow for anyone to mount. Any suggestions on this!?

The help files in your spell book say that in order to mount, you need to be in the same group with the driver. Other people seem to be able to mount just fine. Were you grouped with the driver?

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
If extorsion is the problem behind the glitch, have a true friends code added to the design for mounting the beast! This way only the people you want on board, can mount!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I've also had the same glitch (i.e. being stuck together when entering a building, then being unable to dismount after leaving the building). Great job on the super bundle in general though. My daughter loves it. I for one like the big mount size. After all, it is a rhino. :)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darkshadw8 wrote:

They should make the rhino mount so when you press 'X' you get off.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
darkshadw8 wrote:

I am having the same problem and it is driving me nuts!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
moocowduck wrote:
I also am having this problem, but i am also having another. my passenger is not getting credit when we do a dungeon. That means we have to go back in and do it all over. After the 2nd time, we have just been getting off the mount before entering the dungeon.

As for the size of the mount, i see nothing wrong with it, i like the mount and have gave many people rides for there enjoyment FOR FREE! It also helps people with mutiable accounts to quest together. I think this was a great idle KI, keep of the good work and cant wait to see what you have for us next.

OH OH! I had this problem too! I have to do Katzenstein's Lab over again because I didn't get credit while I was the passenger.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I dont have a rhino mount because the nearest game stop is 3 hours away :x

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
darkshadw8 wrote:

OMG same thing with me! It is super annoying! Also, when I go back outside, my passengers pet is trailing along. Please fix.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
MELALLEN wrote:
I think this mount is way too large. The size needs to be scaled down. As far as that goes I believe the bone dragon and werven mounts also need to be reduced in size a bit too. And I don't really care to have a hawk hovering over my head either.

My reasoning: These large mounts block the view for other players. They dominate the screen and make it very difficult to safely move past or around them when traveling on sidewalks.

I am not sure, but sometimes it even seems that when these large mounts pass you on a sidewalk, you can find yourself pushed off the sidewalk and into an unwanted street battle.

To me, it appears that these mounts appeal to a specific sort of personality. From my observations these personalities are usually the more aggressive, or even bully types of players. I am not saying that all who ride these mounts are pushy, but many of my encounters with such mount riders are not nice encounters.

Yesterday I observed a Rhino rider in the commons actually selling rides on his mount. He was demanding gifts or treasure cards before allowing a rider aboard. The ride consisted of a short trip around the pond then the passenger was dismounted. I know it was the choice of the passenger to submit to such extortion for a short ride around the pond. But I do not believe KI had this intention for such a mount.

KI, please consider the size scale of objects that can affect the game play. These large mounts could be just as appealing if they were scaled down to the size of other mounts such as the horse, big cats, or dragons.

Bigger is not always better. From my persective, in the game, Bigger mounts are something to be avoided, they block your view and can push you into places you don't want to go.

Excuse me for saying this, but I don't belive you are being fair. :( Not all people are pushy AND these big mounts are mounts we payed for. We paid for big mounts, so we get big mounts. So maybe you get a few sour apples, SO WHAT? Shake it off! Get a big mount if it is so important to you! Just play the game!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Just weighing in on size... The Wyverns, Bone Dragon and Rhino mounts ,IMO, are a bit too big. I do like the idea, but maybe they should be scaled down a bit. I know my Dragon mount gets my Death Legend pulled into battles, so I can only assume the larger mounts do the same thing.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
this glitch has mostly been fixed exept for that it still occurs in situations such as in the tree of life quest, when a player goes to fight the death Oni and presses x to travel though the portal. it still happens where the second player is dragged around.