Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card Packs? really?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
ok, so this card pack thing has been out for awhile, in my opinion, its a bad idea, maybe for the game makers but not everyone who plays wizard101 is rich, i mean come on, their 399 crowns each (round that off to 90 cents each) you have to pay for each pack and MAYBE you'll get something good, so you end up spending $30 on something when the guy next to you got it for $5, you should either just be able to buy said item. (example mounts and robes that you can onyl get with card packs)

Rachel NightBreeze-Level 52 sorcerer

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree. I just wish there was a more direct way to obtain something really nifty.

But, this is obviously about KI making money by having us spend oodles and oodles amounts of crowns. (And buy them, of course.)

It took me just about 100,000 crowns to get one single pair of Umbral Boots, which I needed to complete the Umbral outfit.

... just one pair of umbral boots ....

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I disagree with implication one must be "rich" to buy them anyone can. I save up and buy Crowns specials. It just takes a little self control and discipline to save. Those packs cost me 30 or 40 cents per pack. I find them cheap and fun.

Megan

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
TheGoddess666 wrote:
ok, so this card pack thing has been out for awhile, in my opinion, its a bad idea, maybe for the game makers but not everyone who plays wizard101 is rich, i mean come on, their 399 crowns each (round that off to 90 cents each) you have to pay for each pack and MAYBE you'll get something good, so you end up spending $30 on something when the guy next to you got it for $5, you should either just be able to buy said item. (example mounts and robes that you can onyl get with card packs)

Sorry that would take away from the rare of said item....Trust me im with you on this ....(spending over 10k crowns to complete an outfit plus finally getting the night mare mount....over 13k crowns....) its part of the game ... to them the more you spend the more money they get to improve the game....

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
TheGoddess666 wrote:

Can you said "trading cards"?

What ever do you think Wizard101 is, anyway? it's a trading card game.

Ever played ANY trading card games? Like, say, magic the gathering?

You buy packs of cards and MAYBE you get something good. Usually you get all the normal stuff everyone else does. But once in a while you score.

Are you familiar with other sorts of trading cards - like baseball cards? Same thing applies there, though you usually get a stick of bubblegum too.

And sorry, you can't just buy said rare/ultra-rare item. Those are the special bits that should remain only available through the trading card packs.

Something really special for the people that care to invest time and money into those packs.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
TheGoddess666 wrote:

Can you said "trading cards"?

What ever do you think Wizard101 is, anyway? it's a trading card game.

Ever played ANY trading card games? Like, say, magic the gathering?

You buy packs of cards and MAYBE you get something good. Usually you get all the normal stuff everyone else does. But once in a while you score.

Are you familiar with other sorts of trading cards - like baseball cards? Same thing applies there, though you usually get a stick of bubblegum too.

And sorry, you can't just buy said rare/ultra-rare item. Those are the special bits that should remain only available through the trading card packs.

Something really special for the people that care to invest time and money into those packs.

Its the same thing they did with mega snacks, now you pretty much have to buy mega snacks just to train pets, you have to use "crowns" for everything and most of the time its a well maybe you might but probably wont get anything good

Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
I hate thinking about the money I have spent on card packs to get items, treasure cards, and now there seems to be a limit on how many you can buy ( I hope it is a 24 hour limit).

I tell myself don't buy crowns to spend or to travel to the USA to get 'Epic, Mega, Super, etc...' gift cards. KI's attitude is it is only a card game. One user will not effectively bankrupt them by quiting.

I agree there are too many useless items in the booster/card packs. I have played other card games and the booster packs you buy you don't lose the cards after you use them.

KI is clever in the way the make their money, however it would be great to get more from our investment of time and money. Especially when you read about kids spending their allowance and getting so little in retrun and without any lasting benefit!

Until/if KI reconsiders and improves the booster/card packs enjoy the game don't spend the crowns if you can't and as always BUYER BEWARE!!!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I disagree highly. It would make my rare and super rare items not valuable at all. I'm a mount and pet collector, and have the Wyvern mount, bone dragon, and nightmare, not to mention many of rare pets from the packs. It feels good to have gotten these and go to the commons with these items. It doesn't matter if it's a gamble cause life is pretty much a gamble. So ways you do life will be great, while others, not so much.