Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death: I love it but, I'm worried! Help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
You see I LOVE the death school, ALL of my charectors are death. But with so few spells I'm worried about my necromancers future. Then after looking here for a while I here something about a death school in NightSide. Um what is that place, is this true, or should I find a new school? I'm COMPELETLY clueless 'cause my highest girl is level 9. Can someone give me answers? Please!!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
Nightside is under the waterfall in the commons. To access it, you must be level 20 or 22... something about there or so. It will unlock for you at that level, or you can always make a friend with a higher level wizard and have them go into the zone and port to them.

One question for you that perplexes me, is why do you have all death school wizards for? Isn't that a little redundant?

Leveling up higher levels will open up more content and more worlds in the spire. You are only level 9 at your highest level you say and there are currently 60 levels to achieve in this game. You have so much more to see and learn, so just be patient young jedi 8)

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
1. At level 9, you've barely scratched the surface of what is out there. You aren't even high enough level to learn the one death spell that Sabrina has.

2. Ask the death teacher in Ravenwood about himself. He's a student too, not the professor. You won't see a high death teacher for a while, unless you port to someone who is at them.

3. Not all spells are listed at the trainers in Wizard City, either. Some are learned from quests at specific points in the storyline (such as finishing Krokutopia) or from NPCs you can't reach yet (such as the two spells you'll be learning in Grizzleheim later on, or the death-boosting blade and shield spells you can buy from Niles, the Balance Tree, once you reach level 25 or so).

4. Visit the Library and talk to the dog at the desk. He's the head librarian there, and he also sells something very important... Treasure Cards. Get an idea of what is what, and then think about spending your training points on additional spells that will supplement your death magic.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
deathlyvictoria wrote:
You see I LOVE the death school, ALL of my charectors are death. But with so few spells I'm worried about my necromancers future. Then after looking here for a while I here something about a death school in NightSide. Um what is that place, is this true, or should I find a new school? I'm COMPELETLY clueless 'cause my highest girl is level 9. Can someone give me answers? Please!!
The school in Nightside is in fact a real place and you have to buy it with crowns or accessed with a membership, as with the rest of the game. You'll get new spells alright; the only barrier in the way is to get crowns or become a member.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Nightside is where the death school is, and where the assistant death teacher is, and he teaches for non necromancers up to wraith, however if you are a necromancer he does teach you scarecrow and skeletal dragon and other school only spells.

Balance is similar, with their official school teacher being located on the krososphinx in Krokotopia.
Death is a fun school to play, I suggest you stay at it especially if you love it.
Don't worry about getting into nightside, merle gives you the quest a little after you finish Triton avenue, cyclops lane, and firecat ally, and maybe a couple bosses.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Professor Ambrose will let you know when it's time to go to Nightside. Don't worry about until then.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
deathlyvictoria wrote:

Nightside is real. It's behind the waterfall in The Commons. It's the real location of the Death school. You will unlock it eventually, and meet Dworgyn, the Death instructor ( and my favorite, Mortis, the Death tree!). I have a Death Legend, and my oh my. You are in for a whole lot of fun! :D

Moira Stormslinger, Legendary Necromancer

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
You should be freaking out right now. Running around in the streets screaming. OR you can just finish up the Triton Avenue, Cyclops Lane, and Firecat Alley Street, and do a few quests for Merle Ambrose, and you will get access to the Death School.

There, you can train all of your spells. Don't freak out, you will be able to go there by the time you have to go there to train spells.

Don't find a new school. You might want to get rid of your other Death wizards though...you'll get REALLY bored going through the same story with the same spells. I find almost no replayablity in this game with two completely different schools (I have two Legends, Myth and Storm), so you will end up getting extremely bored playing with the same school six times. Keep your level 9 wizard and work on her, but don't keep the other ones.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
Deathlyvictoria:
There is a death school in nightside and there are plenty enough spells to learn in time. I am a legendary necromancer and also love it but I have some news for you. If you think being a death is fun now just wait, it only gets better from where you are. Good Luck and happy wizarding!

P.S. Just a suggestion, but when you get to grandmaster artisan go see the guy that asks you to save his daughter in wintertusk(vestrilund if I remember right ) and buy the recipe for the life wand that he sells(the extra life cards come in handy). If you have a fire amulet,or can get one, fire is a great secondary if you compensate for the loss of life by uping your incoming life boost. My sacrafice does 135ish damage and gives me 1020 life so get those heal boosts worked in to your gear it helps tremendously as you get higher in level if you solo or if you do not. You will be suprised how many good friends you can make with a 1020 sacrafice, helping them out when they are down.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Nightside is basically the REAL death school, an extension to what the death student in Ravenwood teaches. Nightside is no different than any other school in Ravenwood.

Stick with Death, if you love it, you will love it even more when you get up in them higher levels.

-The STRONGEST minions in the game. (If you willing to charge up the pips.)
-Only wizard to naturally drain massive amounts of life without having to use life's healing spells. (As you may have discovered.)
-The only wizard to naturally learn Feint without having to invest 7 training points, leaving lots of points leftover for anything else.

You are making me want to create a Death wizard. :o

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
If you follow the main quest and talk to Prof Ambrose at the appropriate time - all your fears will be relieved.

Enjoy the game!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Nightside is where the death school is located.

Personally, I love playing my death wizard. She's been, for the most part, the best and easiest one I have. Combined with her secondary (life), she can be lethal when I concentrate. Though I haven't played her much since becoming legendary.

Iridian Shade

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Yes, the actual death school is in Nightside. It's part of the storyline, so I won't spoil it. You won't be able to get in there on your own until you finish the first 3 streets and defeat a couple of bosses.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Don't worry; there is indeed a Death school in NightSide. In order to get there, you must recieve a key from a quest and use it to open the door behind the waterfall in The Commons. Don't worry about it! The thing you should be worrying about is Malistare! : P

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
yeah, there is a death school in NightSide, which is real. Death school should have plenty of spells, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Anyways, that should pretty much sum it up.

~Austin DragonTamer

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
as you progress through the game you will stop learning spells from malorn ashthorn and eventually find the death school and find more advanced spells for death

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
deathlyvictoria wrote:

There's a ton of stuff for death to do and get as you progress through the game. I'm curious why none of your wizards aren't any higher than level 9, however. Do you just pvp or something?

I will say that death is a hard school to play and requires quite a bit of strategy, especially as you get higher in level.

Just so you're away, the max level in this game is 60. And you get all kinds of new spells and stuff all the way up.

you've got a long way to go.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
deathlyvictoria wrote:

right now ya should have enough spells but for your future as a necromancer i should say this

when you beat fire cat alley, triton avenue, cyclops lane,
you will have gain access to a place with a death school inside
it is like all the other main schools except now after 16 necromancers will start having to learn from dworgan your new teacher

he is a bit strange but dont worry i heard he is nice in a way