Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will Nightmare Be Available After Halloween?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
I am going to buy a $20 Best Buy and redeem it in a few months for a Burnzilla (the one that gives the Fireblade card), but I also really want a Nightmare (Unicorn talent!! <3) and would rather redeem the card now to buy the Nightmare and end up with the Firezilla instead of just having a Burnzilla. So, my question is: Will we be able to buy the Nightmare pet even after Halloweenfest ends, or is the Nightmare a limited-time offer?

Historian
May 01, 2010
George2777 wrote:
I am going to buy a $20 Best Buy and redeem it in a few months for a Burnzilla (the one that gives the Fireblade card), but I also really want a Nightmare (Unicorn talent!! <3) and would rather redeem the card now to buy the Nightmare and end up with the Firezilla instead of just having a Burnzilla. So, my question is: Will we be able to buy the Nightmare pet even after Halloweenfest ends, or is the Nightmare a limited-time offer?

Nightmare with the unicorn talent-most likely
Hybrid Nightmare that can get the unicorn talent breed into it (Helephant, first generation+unicorn, first generation) probably is going to stay.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
From some other post I have seen, I believe it is a limited time pet.

However - the nightmare is a 60 pedigree pet. You may want to hold off buying your game card and then hatching your zilla with someone who has a nightmare so that you get one of your own.

Besides - word to the wise, unless you are a legendary player with lots (and I mean lots) of pet training points available, it will take you a long time to train the zilla up at the start.

Good luck to you whatever you choose to do!

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
The Nightmare is NOT a viable after haloween in the crown shop, but there is still the RARE hybrid hatch for one in the regular year. (unicorn & helephant)

Hope this helps!
Cody Owlflame

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I know about the Hybrid, but I would rather have the first generation from the Crowns shop. But since it's a limited time offer, I'll just go for the zilla. Thanks for your help! :)

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
You would also be able to hatch for it in the hatchery for the unicorn talent also :).