Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Shots

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I started playing this game about 2 years ago and back before all the other worlds got added you could do battle in the arena and expect the deck you created to hold ya through the worst of fights. In the Wizard 101 of today you have taken away the enjoyment of making a great deck and made people able to win with critical shots, crazy storm spells that require no pips to use, and other spells from the realm of myth that take away all defensive spells not just one. I mean what exactly is earthquake even in the game if your gonna let all the spells be taken off with a spell that requires no pips? You had the Mona Lisa of games and you decided it was not good enough and added a few more brush strokes. Well as a long time gamer I am here to tell you that you made the game much worse and much less challenging. I have played games such as Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, and WOW so I would say I know games. I am just wondering why you have taken the fun of deck creation out of the game since all you gotta do is gear up for critical shots?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, as far as the game goes, in PvE, I really don't see any problems with Criticals...

So, as far as that goes, that means this message should have been posted in the PvP section...

Now, Critical, has it's ups and it's downs... You can have high critical, and low critical, you can have high critical block, and you can have low critical block... In PvE, it actually helps the MoBs have more of a fighting chance...

In PvP, it actually helps newer players win, every once in a while...

I do agree though, criticals has effected PVP and that is where this message should have been posted... Thanks on your input though!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Brimmstonette wrote:
I started playing this game about 2 years ago and back before all the other worlds got added you could do battle in the arena and expect the deck you created to hold ya through the worst of fights. In the Wizard 101 of today you have taken away the enjoyment of making a great deck and made people able to win with critical shots, crazy storm spells that require no pips to use, and other spells from the realm of myth that take away all defensive spells not just one. I mean what exactly is earthquake even in the game if your gonna let all the spells be taken off with a spell that requires no pips? You had the Mona Lisa of games and you decided it was not good enough and added a few more brush strokes. Well as a long time gamer I am here to tell you that you made the game much worse and much less challenging. I have played games such as Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, and WOW so I would say I know games. I am just wondering why you have taken the fun of deck creation out of the game since all you gotta do is gear up for critical shots?

so not true many people have to work to make a tough deck and i personaly only have some critical from my boots
critical is just a bigger hit no biggie

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Brimmstonette wrote:
...I mean what exactly is earthquake even in the game if your gonna let all the spells be taken off with a spell that requires no pips?

Earthquake costs 6 pips, not 0.

I have played games such as Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, and WOW so I would say I know games.

This isn't one of those games, Bo.

Historian
May 28, 2009
colagada wrote:
This is a PvP issue and belongs in that forum.

Uh, this IS the PvP forum silly!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
colagada wrote:

It is now, it was moved to the PvP forum!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
darthjt wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
colagada wrote:

It is now, it was moved to the PvP forum!

Some of my suggestions get moved to the correct forum (and many don't). I forgot to include my ("It's currently in the XXXX forums") at the end.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
Brimmstonette wrote:
...I mean what exactly is earthquake even in the game if your gonna let all the spells be taken off with a spell that requires no pips?

I have played games such as Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, and WOW so I would say I know games.

He was talking about shatter, duh...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
cort1cool wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:
Brimmstonette wrote:

Incorrect, shatter costs 3 pips, so it's more likely that wizard was talking about Pierce, which does cost 0 pips.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kingurz wrote:
cort1cool wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:
Brimmstonette wrote:

Incorrect, shatter costs 3 pips, so it's more likely that wizard was talking about Pierce, which does cost 0 pips.

Could've been talking about armor pierce actually

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Brimmstonette wrote:

I went into a pvp match with no critical gear with my friend. We tried it, and it took forever. Fighting a Storm wizard and taking forever to defeat him?! That's insane. Critical came in for a point. This is my 3rd year playing w101 and I know that spells were getting too weak so they added the critical. There's a counter, critical block. The game doesn't matter about health-based gear anymore, it depends on stats, which makes it fun because some people don't like critical and they have their own unique way of gear. So to me, critical just makes the game a whole lot more fun!