Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Powerful, Not Powerful ... Answers, Please!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I just started a (currently level 5) Ice wizard to do lower level PvP just to see what it would be like.

Aside from all the Deadly Minotaur spammers running around, it's pretty fine. But ...

Which school is the most common in lower level PvP? Which seems to do the best? The worst? Was picking an Ice wizard a good choice?

I really need these answers.

Thanks in advance.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:
I just started a (currently level 5) Ice wizard to do lower level PvP just to see what it would be like.

Aside from all the Deadly Minotaur spammers running around, it's pretty fine. But ...

Which school is the most common in lower level PvP? Which seems to do the best? The worst? Was picking an Ice wizard a good choice?

Thanks in advance.

Most people at level 5, choose ice, because since there isnt really good health boosting gear, it has the highest base health, which is the cornerstone of the insane low level resist.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
[quote=Mimzkat101

storm primary, ice secondary is a pretty good pvp mage.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Lower level pvp revolves around treasure cards and pets. So basically, your schools isn't as important as it is in legend pvp.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
i would say low level pvp, myth because of minions kinda hard to beat someone 2vs1 and they can buy treasure cards to kill the minions to gain pips for other cards. i pvp and i have a level 6 myth warlord with gear. Yes! its all about the treasure cards in low pvp and really takes no skill.But,if you want to get the gear fairly easy to use in practice pvp then its a really easy way to obtain it.

Historian
May 28, 2009
It depends. If you're playing ranked, you should be at the max level. Since the enemy's level is random, become the max level won't give you too much a challenge, since even you're against a level 60er, it's fair since you're level 60 too! :D

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

If you had storm as a second school, Ice would probably be the most powerful at lvl 5.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Depends. I would have to say Myth-Fire is a personal favorite but ice is dangerously strong.
Lower level pvp revolves around treasure cards and pets
And crowns items like hoards.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Mimzkat101,

Ice is a great choice, but you need the best Gear crowns can buy. Second, you need a good pet that has resist, etc. Last you need a Wand that gives you one pip, etc. Treasure cards are a must, and make sure to be able to hit hard and have shields for Storm and Fire. Most of all, have fun, and learn from every battle. Expect your deck to constantly change, and don't forget about Stun, it can save you at that level.

Joe.