Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitch Mishap

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
I got the Barbarian Helm. Soon afterward, I bought 5,000 crowns. I accidently made it so my stat hat was my appearance, and my Barbarian Helm was my stats. What do I do KingsIle?

Administrator
I'm afraid that's a harsh lesson learned, young Wizard.

There are checks and balances and even an 'are you sure this is the item you want' screen put in place to make sure that you have every opportunity to check your choices before you commit the 100 Crowns (which equals approximately 20cents)

I'm sorry you cannot get your items or your Crowns back, once items are stitched, the originals are gone and cannot be retrieved.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
And I understand that. I have money for more crowns. I'm not worried about that. I am just worried that I lost my Barbarian Helm and can't get that appearance back.

Historian
May 01, 2010
AgentDeclan wrote:
And I understand that. I have money for more crowns. I'm not worried about that. I am just worried that I lost my Barbarian Helm and can't get that appearance back.

I have found an item that looks the same as the Barbarian Helm, its the Horned Helm of Courage, can be found in the bazaar

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
AgentDeclan wrote:

Well, sorry, but that is nothing you can do, it will be a lesson you need to learn and remember in the future when you are stitching items. It gave you a clear list, a picture of what the stitched item comeout is, and even an confirmation. With this much security in place, there is really nothing that can be done to retrieve your Barbarian Helm.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AgentDeclan wrote:

Well, sorry, but that is nothing you can do, it will be a lesson you need to learn and remember in the future when you are stitching items. It gave you a clear list, a picture of what the stitched item comeout is, and even an confirmation. With this much security in place, there is really nothing that can be done to retrieve your Barbarian Helm.

Really? despite the fact the professor said the exact same thing, you still felt the need to quote that repy and repeat it? This is what I am talking about. If you have nothing to add but still have to say something a simply "sorry to hear that" would have done.

I really hate all the "how dare you waste my time" responses on this board people come here to ask questions, fact. Whether or not you think they are silly or simply or even important is not the issue. They have a question they posted it looking for a helpful response. Dont respond by making them feel like they were silly to post it.

That tears me up when it happens to me and when i see it being done to others. Too many people on this board have too much too say on too many things that they have no clue about. Then act like they have a right to an opinion. True you have a right to one, but that doesnt make your opinion correct. If you have something to say to help by all means post but if you are here just to read and disagree and tell people the "rules" get over yourself.

And KI honestly I cant be the alone one who has noticed the whole "troll-like" behavior on this board.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
AgentDeclan wrote:

go to grizzleheim and check the lady that sells equipment. She probably had hats that look very much like it for not much gold.

And failing that, a lot of things in grizzleheim drop horned helmets - and they have stats too - thus just might be better than what you were going to stitch with.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
Sojourna wrote:

If you have nothing to add but still have to say something a simply "sorry to hear that" would have done.

Sympathy, my friend, sympathy.