Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lack of Players doing bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
Hi :)
First I would like to start out by saying that I love love this game and I'm planning to play it for a while but the thing is that I'm so tired of doing everything by my self. I don't know if you as players have noticed that not many schools are able to handle bosses on their own. I do have friends, they are very nice and I love them but you know that they can't help you for ever and it kinda gets really embarrassing asking them for help over and over again. See, the problem is that I can't find people to do bosses with me, I stand by the Instanced Boss Area waiting for players to come but no one is there! It's Crazy! As you get higher and higher in levels there are fewer and fewer players you see around. Specially in Mooshu!
I think that wizard city and triton street are the only place where people hang out a lot, I don't see anything else in any other streets in wizard city. I did try several realms and I just hope there is solution for this insane problem.
I don't have solution but I hope someone else does :)

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I am a bit of a loner, I have never asked for help when fighting a boss. I do sometimes have to fight bosses that are tougher than I can easily handle, but if you keep fighting, eventually you will get a lucky break. Once I fought a boss six time in a row before I could bring him down. So if no one is there to help you, just dive in, eventually you will win.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that plays with me so instance areas and fighting bosses, but I have friends that ask for help fighting bosses all the time. I try to help them out when I can because I know I would want some help.

The problem I have is trying to farm bosses for drops in instance levels. I'm currently in Krokotopia. Its nearly impossible to go into the Throne Room as a fire wizard trying to farm Krokenmahen for drops and an ice wizard trying to farm for the pet drop from Krokentop (can't remeber how you spell it).

I think that just like when you fight a boss in a house (like in triton avenue, firecat alley, and colossus blvd) it would adjust to how many people are going in (I know that would be a lot of work). Make it where maybe the bosses didn't have as strong minions fighting with them. Thats the only thing I can think of to make things easier on people doing it alone.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
There are so many people who are willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask. I'll help you too!

I doubt that there will be many changes to the game to facilitate you being less social. The social component is, after all, a very fun part of this game and hopefully an aspect the developers hope to encourage.

If the game's population were dwindling, I would see this being more of a priority. However, that's not really a problem right now. Whenever I make it to a new world, I friend request like crazy so that I have a few players who I know will be in the area to help. Also, when I see someone doing the same quest... I jump in. Friend made.

Why make this game an MMO if you can solo all the way through?