Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun Impossible!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
i cannot beat jotun either and im life level 45 i need help nobdoy seems to want to help.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
grizzlygal45 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
i cannot beat jotun either and im life level 45 i need help nobdoy seems to want to help.
Have you visited any of the fansites? They have groups of people on there who volunteer to help with difficult dungeons and things like this. Here is a link to one of my favorite fansites that might help you:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/search.php?searchid=9490392

(Note: if "clicking" on the link doesn't work, you might have to do a "copy and paste" to see the info. This is a known issue that KI is working on.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
grizzlygal45 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I have a Storm wizard, lvl 45, that has to get this done too. I was going to solo the brothers so I only had to meet him in there but decided it would be time consuming.

I plan to get help from 2 family members that I have helped get though the spiral, you could be the 4th in if you want.

If you want to set up time post it here and I will check back. The people I am going to have help are lvl 80, death and life. Allow for a few days for it to post on here.

A time during week, evenings is best for us - we are eastern time - we play 7-10pm and mainly quest on the Pixie realm.

PS: we can have them help with the 4 ravens at the end of Ravenscar too.

Mary StormGem

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
He is not impossible, want a challenge? Try to do Waterworks bosses. In Azteca, I fight 21k health boss now and then!

-Eric Nightshade Level 90 (Promethean Pyromancer)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
eric56379 on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
He is not impossible, want a challenge? Try to do Waterworks bosses. In Azteca, I fight 21k health boss now and then!

-Eric Nightshade Level 90 (Promethean Pyromancer)
Young wizard you do realize this quest is given to players that are level 40? This fight is in Grizzlehiem so you can enter RavenScar to complete that area to be entitled to enter WinterTusk

There is a Big difference in what is available at that time for fighting Jotun then what is available to a level 90 wizard. Our level 80 Death and Life wizards can solo this but my level 45 Storm wizard won't be.

To answer the challenge part of your question - I won't be doing WW ever again, after the first 20 times or so I am done with that fight - too many empty handed drops for me to bother with. I like sure things over maybe things in my game play.

I completed Avalon with one wizard and won't be doing that ever again and I will never be watching any of my wizards being "abused" by Azteca either - game over for me. My Life wizard is now living the easy life in her castle retired where surely she deserves to be. I have enough brick walls to run into in real life I don't need them in a game I play.

Casual Gamer Here,
Mary StarGem

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
Grizzlehiem is a area that is full of side quest. Try beating other worlds in the sprial then when you are a higher lvl get friends to go to hall of valor and beat him.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
No he isnt. I had 1 friend with me (who was level 50) and we defeated him in about 10 rounds (I was level 44 at that time and now I'm level 47).

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
ajrdog123 on Oct 6, 2011 wrote:
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

Jacob WildBlood Level 41 Life
All you really have to do is find friends with decent level and gear who have the time. With help Jotun is not just possible, but easy. But I should warn you that wintertusk isn't going to get any better. good luck!

Survivor
May 03, 2012
AluraMist2 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Have you visited any of the fansites? They have groups of people on there who volunteer to help with difficult dungeons and things like this. Here is a link to one of my favorite fansites that might help you:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/search.php?searchid=9490392

(Note: if "clicking" on the link doesn't work, you might have to do a "copy and paste" to see the info. This is a known issue that KI is working on.)
i defeated juton

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
He was really tricky for me too. To beat him without his brothers you have to go into the helgrind warren and winterdeep warren to defeat his brothers first seperately. Then you go into the hall of valor and you can fight him without his brothers but you can't quit or reset the first instances with his brothers in them. Otherwise you have to fight Jotun and his 2 brothers together at the hall of valor. Hope this helps out people who are stuck on Jotun

Ryan DuskSpear Level 90 Death

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I'm having the same problem. When I can battle my friends can't. I'm having the same problem with Malistairs Lair in Dragonspyre. Maybe there are some people we can coordinate with? I'll help you but we may need to schedule a time?
--Wolf Nightweaver

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Well Im lvl 45 and have not been able to defeat him as yu my friends are always Busy I will try with you If you need me too

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Try asking other people for help, who are high levels in the 60-90 levels in the Commons. My one friend helped me and we did it, and he was lvl 62 and was storm. Hope I helped! ( By The Way, I could help. I am Alura Battleheart lvl 63-64 Fire. Quote when and where we could meet so I could help.)

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Jotun is not impossible! me and my brother defeated him when we were lvl 25's!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Scarlet Redd on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Level 40 is needed to start that quest. How did you do it at Level 25?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Scarlet Redd on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Interesting how you defeated him before you had access to do so.
Jotun is level restricted: Note: Level 40 is needed to start this quest.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

just by a high lvl henchmen

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Try to have level 90 henchmen. If you don't have crowns, than get your most powerful friends to help. I didn't defeat Jotun until I was level 48!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011

no, he isn't impossible to defeat. He merely takes hours... My advice to you would be to get multiple friends to help you. That's what i did, and i'm in wintertusk good luck

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
rustygooga wrote:
Lol i'm life aswell but i'm only a level 38 and my centaur with no boosts (except clothing boosts) does a minimum of 660 damage.

Level 38 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf
LOL -- I totally forgot to add in the Damage Bonus from gear.

But the point is, of course, that you get the really big hits from Enchantments and stacking blades and traps. That is the concept that needed explaining.

Have fun out there!

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
I just finished defeating both brothers today. Barely won helgrind on my 2nd try as I was defeated BUT my minion ~ an ice colossus won it right after, Its still a win though : ). winterdeep warren was much easier with a minion again.

Now am planning to fight Jotun probably tom and just wanna ask if it would be better to buy a life henchman instead of using my ice minion? I'm a lvl 44 pyromancer, I use ice and myth minions though.

OR can I hire a henchman and still use a minion at the same time??

My strongest deck cards would be the helephant, phoenix and plus storm kraken (picked storm as secondary). I also get a draconian poly morph card (not a treasure card), which I use a lot, in my sideboard from a flashing dragon spear wand .

Also, since I defeated both brothers solo, IF i bring in some friends when I fight Jotun, will his brothers re-spawn?

Thanks

kane
lvl 44
fire school

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am pretty certain that you must defeat his brothers and then enter Jotun's dungeon within 30 minutes otherwise they respawn. Its like the dungeons are semi-attached.

I recommend against henchmen. It goes against my gaming sense. Anyway if you can defeat his brothers you can take Jotun. If you need help ask a friend or recruit strangers.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
He is one of the Grendels, correct? I think it would be best to use minions. That's what I did and I beat him. The good thing is he doesn't have rules...

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
I had four friends helping me. One was level 58 fire, level 40 death, level 30 myth, and I was level 35 storm. We were all defeated!