Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I too weak to be in Wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I got to Wintertusk a couple days ago( i defeated the coven with the help of my legendary friends) and i was wondering am i too weak to be here? Because i died multiple times from just the enemies walking around( not elites or bosses), not even the hard ones, i am dying because of Frost Bones! I am a level 47 storm very close to getting my storm lord spell and stromzilla pet. Should i wait a little and do my quests in DS? Please tell me if i am too weak, and if so what level should i come back to it on?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, if you are constantly dying from even the easy mobs, the answer is yes, you are too weak!

Level up, get your good spells!

Return when you think you can survive!

Historian
May 28, 2009
sad2211 wrote:
I got to Wintertusk a couple days ago( i defeated the coven with the help of my legendary friends) and i was wondering am i too weak to be here? Because i died multiple times from just the enemies walking around( not elites or bosses), not even the hard ones, i am dying because of Frost Bones! I am a level 47 storm very close to getting my storm lord spell and stromzilla pet. Should i wait a little and do my quests in DS? Please tell me if i am too weak, and if so what level should i come back to it on?

Yea, kinda. You should be at least 50+ level. Or else it could be very hard for you

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
I have not been in wintertusk yet but i have heard it is very hard. You may want to level up and get storm lord first. That way you can hit both frost bones at once

Jacob WildBlood Level 41 Life

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
sad2211 wrote:

It's possible, but without more help from your legendary friends, it will be fairly difficult. Make sure you pack a lot of shields. I wouldn't be too worried about Storm Lord. You'll hit level 48 rather quickly questing in WT. The real disadvantage you'll face will be the lack of huge boosts because you don't have the more advanced gear. Since you're having trouble with the frost bones (which can be a bit of a hassle because of those tower shields), I'd recommend going back and finishing DS and Celestia. No need to rush things just to go to the newest area. Work your way up to WT. The biggest jump in gear boosts will come at level 56, and then another good jump at level 58. By that time, your storm wizard's accuracy and damage boost will be huge, and you should be well on your way to getting your critical boost up too. The level 58 spell Leviathan will also come in handy for boss battles. Then, when you hit level 60, you can acquire some rather nice gear that seriously boosts your odds of doing critical hits without costing you your other boosts. Oh, and if your wizard is a grandmaster crafter, you can make a quick stop in Sudrilund to get some recipes for gear that rivals legendary gear without requiring you to be at level 60. Good luck and have fun. Don't feel like you have to jump to the newest area too soon, or you can find yourself done too quickly. You can also find yourself over-matched now and relying on others to help carry you through an area, only to end up overpowered when you go back to finish off earlier areas. KI does a pretty good job of tailoring the challenges you face to your expected level. Just something to keep in mind.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hi,

I posted this very question a while back, when my Necromancer, Moira Shadowmancer, finished Grizzleheim at level 46. I learned very quickly that I couldn't handle any of the Wintertusk street mobs on my own. I just didn't have enough power to deal damage and stay alive, and was quickly frustrated. So, I went on to Dragonspyre for a little while, leveled to 48, and got my Scarecrow spell. That made WT more manageable, a great challenge but doable, and I progressed nicely. The drawback to this route of progression is that I finished WT quickly, leveled up quickly, and found myself in the Labyrinth in DS at Legendary Necromancer. LOLZ, I thought that would be fun, but it has turned out to be a bit frustrating. Now I'm in Celestia, District of the Stars, at Legendary. I'm ambivalent about this, as I've mentioned in a recent post.

Anyway, my experienced advice to you is to wait until at least level 48 to begin Wintertusk. Quest in Wintertusk along with Dragonspyre, and take your time with it. A nice pace would have you at Celestia around level 55, perhaps having already finished Wintertusk. If you craft gear, hitch a ride to the Floating Land to get the Grandmaster Artisan recipe and finish that quest. Then you will also have the pleasure of very nice level 56 Wintertusk stats to help you along in Celestia, so that you have plenty of power, protection, and critical ability to help fend off those evil eels and ravenous sharks 8)

Best of questing to you,

Moira Shadowmancer, Legendary Necromancer, Denizen of Celestia

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Yeah it seems you are too weak, I try to finish every single sidequest i could in other worlds when i am stuck in a world.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Well, if you are constantly dying from even the easy mobs, the answer is yes, you are too weak!

Level up, get your good spells!

Return when you think you can survive!

your not to low level and for your level i would assume these guys would be tough. if you want to get through wtt then ask for help till you get stormlord then it will be easier.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Yes, you are definitely to weak to solo WT. Now if you were leveling with someone else it might be a different story. I would suggest at least getting to CL so you can train some of the sun magic while you level in WT.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Brissa132 wrote:
i'm level 15 and i'm getting them(with maby a bit of help)

-___- somehow that doesnt seem true o wait cause lvl 15 cant even go to gh let alone wt and that your attacks currently wont do much against them and that you will die first turn