Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shields, Shields, Shields ...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Alright, now this is very noticeable and annoying.
Why do Life enemies cast Death Shield all the time, but Death enemies not cast Life Shield?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Death enemies have powerful attacks to protect themselves. Life enemies, on the other hand, do not.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Why do Life enemies cast Death Shield all the time, but Death enemies not cast Life Shield?

Usually because they are too busy spamming Curse all the time.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:

They do cast life shields. Every magic's monsters uses the shield of the opposite school if that school's attacks boosts. Balance cast Elemental And Spiritual Shields.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Death has a damage over time spell that helps remove the death shields. Life does not, which would put life at a bigger disadvantage than other wizards when fighting their opposing school.

Yes, before anyone mentions...I know storm does not have a damage over time, (storm elf does not count in my opinion) but they do considerable more damage than life even when someone is shielded.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
superluther wrote:
Death has a damage over time spell that helps remove the death shields. Life does not, which would put life at a bigger disadvantage than other wizards when fighting their opposing school.

Yes, before anyone mentions...I know storm does not have a damage over time, (storm elf does not count in my opinion) but they do considerable more damage than life even when someone is shielded.

Myth says hi! *waves*

See any DoTs?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dragonwisperer123 wrote:
superluther wrote:

Myth says hi! *waves*

See any DoTs?

The level 58 Myth pet has a Myth DoT spell.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
dragonwisperer123 wrote:
superluther wrote:

Myth says hi! *waves*

See any DoTs?

:) I did forget myth, but unlike life and storm, they do have several ways of removing shields...ie earthquake, double hits, pierce.

Hannah Legendstalker level 60 Myth (so how did i forget myth?)