Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Minotaur. Can anyone explain?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Ok, what's going on with the death minotaur?
I was in a battle, and my opponent was literally casting death minotaurs every round. It only cost him 2 pips to do so (or 1 power pip).

When I said that he was cheating, he replied that '..it's just a mutate'.

I know that its not just a mutate, and it is actually a glitch. Why isn't anyone noticing this?

Is death minotaur in fact only a 2 pip spell, and I'm wrong about it being a bug? Can someone please explain this? Maybe I'm not understanding something..

There was a similar thread posted, but surprisingly it hasnt gotten many replies. So, I'm not the only one noticing this.

Please take the time to read this original post on the subject:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40694.ftl

Also, I have submitted a bug report on this, and although I appreciate the fast reply by KI staff, I'm somewhat confused on the answer. Can someone pls clear this up?
Below is the question I submitted, and the response by the staff.

Loki1201: Death Minotaur is being cast with 2 pips.
KI Support: Thanks for the heads up! Have you noticed the card being played with Power Pips? Power Pips count as two pips for spells of your School of Focus. They count as single pips for all other spells.

I dont mean any disrespect by posting the reply here by KI staff. I just dont quite get what they are telling me.
I realize power pips count as 2 pips for your own school.
But my issue is that death students are casting minotaurs with only 2 pips by use of a mutate, rather than 5.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I can't explain the KI support reponse, but that is a glitch and "others" at KI know about it. The fix is in the Test Realm right now and that glitch will go to the live realms soon.

Explorer
May 28, 2011
was it two power pips? because mutates cost 1 pip less than the origianal spell

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
It use to be a bug where people can mutate a ghoul into a death minotaur and it only costs 2 pips

Administrator
We are aware of this issue, it has been addressed on the Test Realm and will be addressed on the Live Game soon.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i apologize for finding this glitch by accident in the first place. minotaur was right next to vampire and i accidently hit vampire instead so i got a friend to help me test a theory with ghoul and it worked i am sorry i ever discovered it.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
dont be sry hanable33 if it wasnt for you notifying KI, they would have not known to fix it