Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic pets, really?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 27, 2009
I don't understand at all. I see so many epic pets accompanying a legendary wizard. Do all those people really play 1000 points worth of minigames and give 1000 points worth of pet snacks? That would take forever! Is there an alternate way to level your pet outside of the pet pavillion? Also, I bought the crowns Sea Dragon and he is at adult at the moment. So far, he hasn't received any of the talents I expected. I have pip o plenty and pain giver. I only have two more chances to get the four I wanted! If I pay with crowns, the talents should be left to my choosing.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
nlhf1995 wrote:
I don't understand at all. I see so many epic pets accompanying a legendary wizard. Do all those people really play 1000 points worth of minigames and give 1000 points worth of pet snacks? That would take forever! Is there an alternate way to level your pet outside of the pet pavillion? Also, I bought the crowns Sea Dragon and he is at adult at the moment. So far, he hasn't received any of the talents I expected. I have pip o plenty and pain giver. I only have two more chances to get the four I wanted! If I pay with crowns, the talents should be left to my choosing.

The trick to getting 1000 points for your pet is with the mega snacks. A 50 point snack that you pet loves gives what, 70 points or so? Even if they don't like it or love it, it's 54 points.

Some people used to farm certain areas of the game for said mega snacks, which allowed you to get a reasonable amount in a day of farming. Maybe 10-15 or so. Those days are unfortunately gone, temporarily we all hope.

The other thing many people do is buy the mega snack-packs, which have 7 rank 8/9 snacks in them. From scratch those 7 will get your pet to adult, or quite near to it.

The last option is to do what those of us without crowns to spend do. Just grind away each day with the little snacks you aquire each day. It may seem like it will take an incredible amount of time, but if you mix in other daily activities with pet training, it comes sooner than you might think.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
nlhf1995 wrote:

BTW, paingiver and pip o' plenty are really good talents in their own right. Even if you don't get all the ones you hope to get, you can always find someone with some of the ones you want and hatch a hybrid in the hope that the the two pets will coalesce into your ideal pet (or buy another sea dragon for hatching). Yes, having to train the hybrid up to epic to find out is annoying, but it's the best you can do.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Sea Dragon drops from Astraeus in the Trial Of The Spheres, so there was no need to buy it with crowns if you wanted to obtain it by farming Astraeus.

You also have to stop complaining about not getting the talents you want. It's random! You want Spritely? 26 pets can start with it, some you can buy from a pet vendor. Want Fire-Giver or Fire-Shot from a Life pet? That makes no sense, get a Fire pet with those stats.

Also, some people want a certain talent from a pet so they may train it up to epic. It's their decision, and you shouldn't have a problem with it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
nlhf1995 wrote:

they worked hard to train those pets to assist them in a battle and or pvp

this is possable with mega snacks
regular snacks to epic is very very hard and requires lot of work

Survivor
May 29, 2011
well i dont know about that, though i know what can be useful. You could put your pet in your shared bank, than make another person go to the shared bank then equip the pet on your other person. ( At level 8 i think you unlock the pet pavilion) So this may not be your answer, but it will be useful to save your energy.

Jonathan Icewalker level 46 fire

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Yeah, it does take a while to level up your pet to epic, but if you have the right snacks, it shouldn't take as long. I currently need about 450 points to level up my wraith to epic. I haven't been keeping track lately, but it took a lot less time than I expected. I agree that there should be an option to choose your pets' talents. However, there should be a restriction. Let's say you work really hard on your pet's intelligence and then you ask for (I don't remember what intelligence boosts, so sorry if it does boost strenth) a boost in offense. Perhaps you can choose from 2 or 3 possible battle and derby talents. And btw, if you aren't a legendary yet, you should know that pips o' plenty really helps since waterworks gear is pretty weak in power pips percentage.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Jonathan2907 wrote:
well i dont know about that, though i know what can be useful. You could put your pet in your shared bank, than make another person go to the shared bank then equip the pet on your other person. So this may not be your answer, but it will be useful to save your energy.

Jonathan Icewalker level 46 fire

Except for the fact that taking a pet out of the shared bank drops your energy to zero. Better off to just hold onto it and regen.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Talents are random i got a sea dragon. he is epic. i got tower sheild, paingiver, spell proof, and not sure the name but accuracy. there is a sea dragon guide some where on line. but hey i love the talents it suits my play style well rounded. which is also how i trained my pet. no stat ever got more than a few points off of each other. well untill they where maxed. and i love the accuracy it is 6% but now my death spells are 91% cool stuff man. and it may take a while to get to epic but it is worth it . oh and i didnt have mega snacks either good old fashion hard work and the bazaar for snacks.