Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

First team gets too much of an advantage

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I think that the 1st team usually wins in ranked pvp and even practice. I have an idea that I think is OK. Ok, here goes: say, the first wizard defeats the second, then if ONLY in a 1v1, that if the wizard that goes 2nd gets defeated, that they don't get defeated imediately, but if they were defeated and if they used a spell that defeated the other opponent in the same round that they got defeated, that it would count as a draw. A lot of times it happens on my storm wizard, so I think this would 'even out the playing field.'

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
I think that the 1st team usually wins in ranked pvp and even practice. I have an idea that I think is OK. Ok, here goes: say, the first wizard defeats the second, then if ONLY in a 1v1, that if the wizard that goes 2nd gets defeated, that they don't get defeated imediately, but if they were defeated and if they used a spell that defeated the other opponent in the same round that they got defeated, that it would count as a draw. A lot of times it happens on my storm wizard, so I think this would 'even out the playing field.'

Well, at least ONE team needs to go first, either yours or the others. And calling a active duel a "draw" is just not the right fitting key. The only thing that can draw a match is if everybody of one team runs outta cards in their cards, including treasure cards. Since then they will be basically like a sitting duck, the duel ends.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Well, at least ONE team needs to go first, either yours or the others. And calling a active duel a "draw" is just not the right fitting key. The only thing that can draw a match is if everybody of one team runs outta cards in their cards, including treasure cards. Since then they will be basically like a sitting duck, the duel ends.

How bout a "tie" instead of a "draw"

Historian
May 01, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

How bout a "tie" instead of a "draw"

There are some advantages of going second, like (mostly picked these up from watching videos, and pieced together from that) beguiles- the next turn, it starts with the person you beguile, and it switches your team to first for one turn. And second, killing, if you die and get healed the same turn, you get to keep all your pips, right? But that is only good for the second team, because if you attack second, then the first team had already gone, and if you have killed one by an AoE, then they wont be able to keep their pips.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i was suggesting that every other person from both teams go first second etc like first slot on enemy team goes first then first slot on your team goes second then second slot on the enemy team si thirsd so it balances out more only other way to make it more balanced is to make battles happen in rounds where both teams get to go first first match could be random loser goes first for the next round if both teams have one win it could be decided randomly on battle skills or a sudden death match.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
DietyOfWind wrote:
i was suggesting that every other person from both teams go first second etc like first slot on enemy team goes first then first slot on your team goes second then second slot on the enemy team si thirsd so it balances out more only other way to make it more balanced is to make battles happen in rounds where both teams get to go first first match could be random loser goes first for the next round if both teams have one win it could be decided randomly on battle skills or a sudden death match.

Yeah, so the attack ring zig-zags across the 8 people in a sawtooth pattern (look up non-sinusoidal in wikipedia if you don't know what it looks like).

Would be interesting to see it in action.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I can think of an even better idea..

Player 1 (or team 1) gets randomly selected
player 1 (or team 1) gets 8-10 seconds to choose spells
THEN
Player 2 (or team 2) gets 8-10 seconds to choose spells

It should be more turn based to level the fairness