Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Explain Hybrids Hype?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, for the love of pets, would someone please explain all the hype over Hybrids?

I mean, ok, some, few, but some, look totally cool...

Stormcaller
Tempest Hound
Ice Hound
Ghast
The Wraith with the red...

Yeah, fine, I get that some of them look cool, great... However!

If you are Death, why would you possibly need storm shot or storm giver?
If you are Life, why would you need may cast fire trap?

I know there are mastery amulets now and all, which still amazes me, that people keep with them, pets that cost 8 pips to cast, are not that school and are not wearing the mastery amulet... Hello?

Can anyone explain this to me, cause I just don't get it!

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Here is my take on the subject.

There are basically 2 types of pet hatchers.

1) Those who hatch to get better talents for fighting.

2) Those who hatch to get collect different pets and don't care about the talents.

I personally don't care about pet collecting, I hatch to try and improve my pet for battles.

I do have a gripe about the 8 pip spells. I think buying a master amulet so you can cast the one spell your pet gives you is ridiculous. Not only is it a waste of crowns but a waste of what else you can have with other amulets.

I would like to see KI come up with a way that a pet owner can cast the pet spells using power pips. It only makes sense to me that if you can have the pet and the pet is doing the casting it should be able to do so.

I know KI wants to make money, so why not offer a Pet Collar or Pet License that allows this. Say 2000 crowns and is per pet. They could simply add a note on the Pet description page that says Mastery Pet Collar attached.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
Mastery amulets don't have to be bought with crowns. If you have the time to farm the first boss luska in the waterworks. He drops all of the mastery amulets It took me maybe 5 times to get 1. I got the death mastery amulet. Sadly, I bought my life mastery amulet, but hey who knew I would hatch a cloud beast with forest lord card and Spritely?!? So if you can, try farming luscka, you will get lots and lots of gold and sooner or later you will get A mastery amulet.... I hope this explained how you don't need to waste crowns on mastery amulets!

Warning!!! You might not get the amulet you want!!!

Andrew ThunderBlade Legendary Diviner
Andrew RedFlame Legendary Pyromancer
Andrew DeathCaster Legendary Necromancer
Andrew EarthBreaker Master Sorcer

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
You had it right from the beginning, some of them look totally cool.

I think they blew it with the L58 pets, you get a hybrid almost every time. The whole point of the hybrids is that they are RARE pets. You could hatch your L48 pets every day for months and never get the hybrid. If you had a cool hybrid, it was impossible to get through the commons or the baazar without being flooded with questions like "What is that?" and "How/where did you get that?". Now, with the 58 pets, everybody has a hybrid.

The 58 hybrids lack imagination, just different colors of the same pets. The 48 hybrids can actually hatch something that looks nothing like either parent, like hatching an orthrus and a wraith can get you a nightwalker (death minotaur)

If they come up with 68 pets, I hope they're not hybrid machines that make hybrids every time, and I hope they come up with something other than changing colors.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
atleon2 wrote:
Mastery amulets don't have to be bought with crowns. If you have the time to farm the first boss luska in the waterworks. He drops all of the mastery amulets It took me maybe 5 times to get 1. I got the death mastery amulet. Sadly, I bought my life mastery amulet, but hey who knew I would hatch a cloud beast with forest lord card and Spritely?!? So if you can, try farming luscka, you will get lots and lots of gold and sooner or later you will get A mastery amulet.... I hope this explained how you don't need to waste crowns on mastery amulets!

Warning!!! You might not get the amulet you want!!!

Andrew ThunderBlade Legendary Diviner
Andrew RedFlame Legendary Pyromancer
Andrew DeathCaster Legendary Necromancer
Andrew EarthBreaker Master Sorcer

I still say it is a waste of use for an amulet. A mastery amulet is great for casting your 2nd school spells, but to use this so that you can cast a SINGLE spell that your pet gives you is not a good use of an amulet.

Common KI and give us a way to cast Pet Spells with our Power Pips. I am giving you an idea that you can make you more money . Offer a Pet Collar, or Pet Leash, or Pet License, something that lets us cast these spells and I would pay.

Daniel Lifedreamer, Legendary Theurgist
Daniel Moonshard, Legendary Pyromancer
Daniel Sandgrove, Legendary Sorcer
Daniel Frostglade, Grandmaster Thaumaturge