Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing outside battle

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
A lot of wizards want non-battle spells outside battles, which will be hard to make and generally don't have purpose. But I've got a idea, inspired by gardening spells, I think we should have healing spells outside battle! Sometimes, it's hard to heal since all the monsters are too strong and it's hard to heal if there's a dungeon, if leave, progress will be gone. It could use more mana but I think it will really be helpful to use healing spells outside of battles. Here's some ideas for healing spells outside of battles. Given out by random characters. Everyone should be able to get, not just Life quests. Every school should have their owns:

Level 15s:

Refreshing charm: Heal 100 health (Every school, given by Merle on level 10. A Life spell)

Unmercy drain: Death Only: heal 80 health by draining health from nearby monsters. Make them attack you after, run!

Mythical Boost: Myth Only: Heal 80 health, Myth attack boosts (Myth *fist* number%) add 1 boost add 1 more heal.

Lively Flame: Fire Only: Heal 75 health, Fire resistances add more heals (Like last one).

Energy Ball: Storm Only: Heal 50 health, Storm Accuracy add more heal (Yep, like the lasts )

Cool Breeze: Ice Only: Heal 90 health, Global (Every to any school) resistances Add the heals.

Warming Sand: Balance Only: Heal 80 health, every Balance spells in the healed player's deck add 1 extra heal per card.

Leaves of Life: Life Only: Heal 90 health, incoming boosts add extra health.

Before I post the ones For level 25, 35, 45 and 55, I think I want to see
if Players like this idea or not, so tell me what you think! I will post more later on! :D

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Historian
May 28, 2009
Ok, I've got the level 60 spells now:

Fire: Magma Tornado: 750 Same as the old one
Ice: Regeneration Blizzard: 780 same
Myth: Wave of the Earth: 770
Life: Super Life Booster: 900
Balance: Pyramid of the Tree: 800 Health
Death: Total Drain: Drain all health from one enemy. Automatic enter battle with another enemy

Storm: Bolting Energy: 500 health

PLz reply! :D

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
A lot of wizards want non-battle spells outside battles, which will be hard to make and generally don't have purpose. But I've got a idea, inspired by gardening spells, I think we should have healing spells outside battle! Sometimes, it's hard to heal since all the monsters are too strong and it's hard to heal if there's a dungeon, if leave, progress will be gone. It could use more mana but I think it will really be helpful to use healing spells outside of battles. Here's some ideas for healing spells outside of battles. Given out by random characters. Everyone should be able to get, not just Life quests. Every school should have their owns:

Level 15s:

Refreshing charm: Heal 100 health (Every school, given by Merle on level 10. A Life spell)

Unmercy drain: Death Only: heal 80 health by draining health from nearby monsters. Make them attack you after, run!

Mythical Boost: Myth Only: Heal 80 health, Myth attack boosts (Myth *fist* number%) add 1 boost add 1 more heal.

Lively Flame: Fire Only: Heal 75 health, Fire resistances add more heals (Like last one).

Energy Ball: Storm Only: Heal 50 health, Storm Accuracy add more heal (Yep, like the lasts )

Cool Breeze: Ice Only: Heal 90 health, Global (Every to any school) resistances Add the heals.

Warming Sand: Balance Only: Heal 80 health, every Balance spells in the healed player's deck add 1 extra heal per card.

if Players like this idea or not, so tell me what you think! I will post more later on! :D

I actually really like this. Post more!

Historian
May 28, 2009
Edit: Now Death can heal others. It will do like the wraith if he's not healing himself.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
They're called health wisps.

...and also called purple potions

Historian
May 28, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Not every areas have health wisps. This is to make wizard's dungeons and such easiers. Like for the gauntlet towers.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I go to some areas that I like to call Dry Recovery, which are places where you cannot find a mana or even a health wisp. If you get hit by a lot of attack spells, you are out of luck as you will never be able to feed on health wisps in this type of area, which is why I call it Dry Recovery as these places don't help you recover. I usually have to mark my location and teleport to a common area to regain my mana, health, and potions, those places are where those "outside-combat" healers can come in handy.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Reagen heals automatic and if not in reagen zone get health. If your in a tower buy reagen potion

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
Not every areas have health wisps. This is to make wizard's dungeons and such easiers. Like for the gauntlet towers.

As much as I'll probably wanna kick myself for saying this, it has to be said: the dungeons are already pretty easy. Also, I haven't been in a dungeon yet that doesn't have a health floor or two. There's also this amazing new invention called potions. If you're lazy, buy them. If you don't wanna spend the money, play the minigames. If you're lazy and don't wanna spend the money, you're out of luck because this idea is unnecessary and would just slow down the game.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
I go to some areas that I like to call Dry Recovery, which are places where you cannot find a mana or even a health wisp. If you get hit by a lot of attack spells, you are out of luck as you will never be able to feed on health wisps in this type of area, which is why I call it Dry Recovery as these places don't help you recover. I usually have to mark my location and teleport to a common area to regain my mana, health, and potions, those places are where those "outside-combat" healers can come in handy.

I don't know where you're fighting, but I've hardly ever run into this problem. Why don't you just switch realms?

Historian
May 28, 2009
scotttttttttt wrote:
Reagen heals automatic and if not in reagen zone get health. If your in a tower buy reagen potion

Sometimes, potions aren't enough

Historian
May 28, 2009
matty960 wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

Level 15s:

I actually really like this. Post more!

Thx! :D

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

As much as I'll probably wanna kick myself for saying this, it has to be said: the dungeons are already pretty easy. Also, I haven't been in a dungeon yet that doesn't have a health floor or two. There's also this amazing new invention called potions. If you're lazy, buy them. If you don't wanna spend the money, play the minigames. If you're lazy and don't wanna spend the money, you're out of luck because this idea is unnecessary and would just slow down the game.

ROTFL--I prefer to think of myself as hand/eye challenged (Sorry long stressful weekend, that is the best PC thing I could up with at the moment. ). I did not realize you could pay to have your potions filled. A friend told me and I was doing the Jig of happiness. I am just horrible at the games. She accused me of hoarding my potions, cause I would never use them. I hated filling them that bad. Now I use them frequently.

Lazy Megan and proud of it.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
ROTFL--I prefer to think of myself as hand/eye challenged (Sorry long stressful weekend, that is the best PC thing I could up with at the moment. ). I did not realize you could pay to have your potions filled. A friend told me and I was doing the Jig of happiness. I am just horrible at the games. She accused me of hoarding my potions, cause I would never use them. I hated filling them that bad. Now I use them frequently.

Lazy Megan and proud of it.

Yes, I'm "hand-eye challenged" as well. There's also the fact that I can't stand the minigames. They're so boring and difficult. That's also why all my pets are still in their teens. I can't with the minigames in Wizard101. You didn't know you could pay to refill potions?! What'd you think that lady (whose name escapes me at the moment) was standing around for? Okay, I guess that's not a particularly good point in this game. Anyway, I still hoard my potions. I use them only if absolutely necessary.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:

I don't know where you're fighting, but I've hardly ever run into this problem. Why don't you just switch realms?

They are dungeons, you cannot swap realms one way or another. I don't remember them, but there you cannot recover over time nor find a mana or health wisp, I usually have to mark my spot there and teleport to a common area to recover.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:

They are dungeons, you cannot swap realms one way or another. I don't remember them, but there you cannot recover over time nor find a mana or health wisp, I usually have to mark my spot there and teleport to a common area to recover.

I don't think that works. It will just say: Error, Area Expired

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i got to say i like this idea not relying on crowns potions to heal yourself outside of battle and buff it would be a nice addition to pve for future dungeons.

Historian
May 28, 2009
DietyOfWind wrote:
i got to say i like this idea not relying on crowns potions to heal yourself outside of battle and buff it would be a nice addition to pve for future dungeons.

Thx!

Historian
May 28, 2009
Here's some ideas for Astral Spells of Outside heals:

Sun: Healable: Add 100 more heal to next Out-battle spell

Star: Regenerize: Add 50 more heal to next 4 after battles

Moon: Polymorph Earth Elemental: Only usable outside battle. Have all the out-battle Life healing spells.

That's all for now :D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I actually think that the no healing spells outside battle adds a good bit of challenge and encourages you to do some planning and research before entering long battles. I like how organized your post was and how thorough you were in explaining your idea, but it would make the game a bit too easy.

Historian
May 28, 2009
eggywig wrote:
I actually think that the no healing spells outside battle adds a good bit of challenge and encourages you to do some planning and research before entering long battles. I like how organized your post was and how thorough you were in explaining your idea, but it would make the game a bit too easy.

Well, you are limited to use them. Maybe they use another kind of mana? Like a Pink Crystal ball? That might only have a little mana for it. Like you can only use those heals 2 times per dungeon or tower.

Historian
May 28, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
eggywig wrote:

Well, you are limited to use them. Maybe they use another kind of mana? Like a Pink Crystal ball? That might only have a little mana for it. Like you can only use those heals 2 times per dungeon or tower.

Oh, and you get to use 3 per heal.

You get 10 max mana in that crystal ball so......