Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elemental Water Minion Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 21, 2010
You really need to upgrade your Elemental Water Minion. As it is now, I consider it a dud for both my Storm and Balance characters. The minion constantly heals itself and not me! The only attack it seems to use is Taunt. It never uses blades that it might be given from my Balance character. It is a Storm Minion, shouldn't it attack with Storm Attacks?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
mare62 wrote:
You really need to upgrade your Elemental Water Minion. As it is now, I consider it a dud for both my Storm and Balance characters. The minion constantly heals itself and not me! The only attack it seems to use is Taunt. It never uses blades that it might be given from my Balance character. It is a Storm Minion, shouldn't it attack with Storm Attacks?

I agree. I loathe seeing the green non-monster pop up when I cast the summon, because I know I just wasted 4 pips. Dark sprite is more useful than the storm ele.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Here is a fact for you: storm wizards have low health, ok.
So the minion is made specially to help storm wizards build up pips charms wards everything to make your attack deadly, so the minion draws attention to itself by taunting, and he heals himself so he can take more damage and let you build up damage. besides if you dont like storm minion get another school, but i say storm minion is still useful

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Storm minion isn't useful in PvP, but it is useful in PvE. It makes the enemies hit it with Taunt after stacking shields and spamming Sprite on itself. The enemies typically don't hit you when that happens.
Taunt, however, doesn't work in PvP, and opponents that have real, actual brains (unlike computers, which don't) are unlikely to hit something that can barely hurt them and has a lot of shields and whatever on it.
It's quite useful once you understand it's purpose.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
mare62 wrote:

the minion is to take blows off the caster when facing a monster not a player

storm has lower health then other schools and thats why there minion takes blows from attacks and heals to cause a small wall for the enemy

never take it into pvp because it wont work

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Okay, so you gave me some good insights on the Water Minion. But as one of the options to a balance character, I am just saying that it really needs to be changed! Balance school is different than storm school. They should really combine the ice, fire and storm minions we get and make one balance minion. Oh and BTW, I do have a storm character and the water elemental still should heal me and not itself (all the time). Even for my storm character the minion is a waste of pips.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
As to your comment about building up damage. If my health is low, and the minion does not heal me, it really doesn't matter what I do. I am going to be dead anyway.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
I was referring specifically for the balance class. Never played a storm, but for my balance it has never been able to attract, much less maintain, aggro in PvE through taunting. In practically every case, it doesn't start taunting until after too many rounds have passed and I have damaged the enemy.

Now the Minotaur minion, they did just right. It taunts enough to fulfill it's function...Get the enemy off me!! The tower shield, spirt armor and four attacks are kinda' helpful as well. :-)

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
I agree i'm at level 46, I can go in to a fight a boss thats 3k an it little helper that about 800 an cast the Elemental Water Minion at the begin of the fight by the time it take the heat off me id have the helper dead an start working on the boss that is after i healed myself 2 or 3 times. just cause we have a high damage rate dont make us bullet proof, it disharting to see it shield itself an heal itself even at full health. you ask why did it do that when your at 500/1800...

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
mare62 wrote:
As to your comment about building up damage. If my health is low, and the minion does not heal me, it really doesn't matter what I do. I am going to be dead anyway.

If the minion was not taunting and grabbing the attention of the bad guys that are about to use a high level attack on you, you will be as dead as a pile of ash. Why will you need to heal yourself anyway while you are not even getting attacked at all?!

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
mare62 wrote:

If the minion was not taunting and grabbing the attention of the bad guys that are about to use a high level attack on you, you will be as dead as a pile of ash. Why will you need to heal yourself anyway while you are not even getting attacked at all?!

well there always a good chance who your fighting will fizzle or your able to cast a heal on yourself to go from 500 to 1000 but even after the heal it could hit you with a shark and drop you to 700 again.. so if it had cast a fairy one you once you could be down to 800.. if it had cast built itself up a shield an a fairy on you an a shield an took the attack an fairy itself that would be nice.. 3 turns an we could of been saved.. but it dont go that way it can take up to 8 turns before it take the beating or 12 an that battle is pretty much over or your dead..

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
mare62 wrote:

even if the monion uses taunt to draw away the attacks from you it only does it after 5 or 6 round at witch you will most likely be almost dead so its still a waste of pips
when i play again i will take it out my spell deck