Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't sell empty house because it's not empty

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I have sold a house before and learned a lot in the process. This time, I'm trying to sell my Great Citadel. Its gardening item count is zero. Its outdoor furniture count is zero. Its indoor furniture count is zero. Out of desperation, my attic count is now zero, too. When I go to the Shopping District's housing vendor and try to sell that house, it shows me what it's worth but won't let me sell it stating you can't sell a house that is not empty.

I even went to Dragonspyre's house vendor to sell it there. Same refusal; not empty.

It's empty. No garden plots, no pets, no nothing!

I am anxious to reduce my housing count from 3 to 2, but I can't.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Administrator
Hello Grimely,

I reviewed your Great Citadel and it would appear that inside (maybe in a 3rd washroom or guest room closet) there is some Zen Patterned Wallpaper up. See if you can enter the home, locate it and pull it down off the walls.

After doing this, you should be able to sell the home. If you're unable to pull that wallpaper down go ahead and contact Wizard101 support, point to this thread and ask for some help.

Good luck!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I saw a few other posts where people used the "pick up all objects" button, but it did not pick up the flooring and wallpaper. If you still have flooring and / or wallpaper in the house, you can't sell it yet.

To remove flooring and / or wallpaper, go into your house.
On the right side of your screen, click on "place an object" tab.

Then, on the left side of the screen, click on the tab for ONLY "flooring and wallpaper". When you do, you will see two new tabs on the right side to "remove wallpaper" and to "pick up flooring".

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
There are two issues here.

First, I picked up the items individually. I did not click on "Pick up all items". There was wallpaper still there. I clicked on "Pick up all items" to test if it would pick up wallpaper. It did. I was able to sell the house.

Second, before placing the wallpaper, it was clearly a furniture item. After placing it, it appears it was no longer considered a furniture item because my indoor furniture item counter was zero. However, I when I clicked on "pick up all items", the message that was returned stated "one item was picked up". So, in the case of the counter, it isn't an item. In the case of the function "Pick up all items" it is an item.

This is clearly a bug in any ordinary sense of the word. It should be fixed.

Thank you for your time and effective help.