Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freezing (No Improvement)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I have been hearing some people in my previous posts about freezing that are curious about how my freezing has been. It seems like it has just gotten worse. :( My love for Wizard101 is too much that no matter how much I freeze, I just come back. It's so aggravating though when your in a PVP and you freeze and automatically lose. That has left me with exactly 216 PVP points. But, as I said. I love Wizard101 so much that 100 hard locks per week won't stop me from playing, (though it'd be nice to solve this) So, this is for you guys in my previous posts (and if your interested in helping) that want to help me out.

-Mason D.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It sounds like an issue with your computer. Sometimes it's due to the graphics card, sometimes the network (internet provider) is slow, or it could be other issues.

One possible solution is to turn down (or off) some of the Graphics options and see if this helps. To wit:

TAB ONE (the far left tab in Options).

1) Choose Fullscreen Off. The game runs smoother in a window.

2) Chose a low resolution (a smaller window). The smaller the window, the easier it is on your computer. 1280x960 should work well on a 20" widescreen monitor.

3) Set Graphics Detail and Texture Detail to "Low".

TAB TWO:

1) Set Bloom Active, Smoothing, and Shadows to Off, and set Particles all the way to the left.

If that helps your computer, then it has a low-end graphics card.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
colagada wrote:
It sounds like an issue with your computer. Sometimes it's due to the graphics card, sometimes the network (internet provider) is slow, or it could be other issues.

One possible solution is to turn down (or off) some of the Graphics options and see if this helps. To wit:

TAB ONE (the far left tab in Options).

1) Choose Fullscreen Off. The game runs smoother in a window.

2) Chose a low resolution (a smaller window). The smaller the window, the easier it is on your computer. 1280x960 should work well on a 20" widescreen monitor.

3) Set Graphics Detail and Texture Detail to "Low".

TAB TWO:

1) Set Bloom Active, Smoothing, and Shadows to Off, and set Particles all the way to the left.

If that helps your computer, then it has a low-end graphics card.

Thanks, but it did not work. Smaller window actually makes it worse.

-Mason D.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
You are not alone, no matter how much Colagada disagrees with you...

I am somewhat of a computer guru, I pride myself, on having a great computer, with current and up to date drivers, programs, etc....

Yet, even I still have freezes... Usually when someone ports to me, or while I am gardening, or looking at someones stats....

I am sure that KI is still working on this issue, or at least, I hope they are!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
darthjt wrote:

I am somewhat of a computer guru, I pride myself, on having a great computer, with current and up to date drivers, programs, etc....

Yet, even I still have freezes... Usually when someone ports to me, or while I am gardening, or looking at someones stats....

Phew, I thought I was alone. This is very annoying. I want to get it fixed, because after a few freezes, it makes it impossible to play.

-Mason D.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
I have the same problem, I freeze on entering the game, sometimes for a couple of minutes, freeze quite often when I port to someone also. It has only been this bad for me since the Pigswick update, I had a few lag problems but never this continuous freezing.

This morning I didn't think I was going to be able to get on the game at all. It kept freezing then telling me I couldn't connect to Wizard 101, I never had that message before update either.

Had to reload 6 times before I could get on to do plants before work.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Justin3620 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Phew, I thought I was alone. This is very annoying. I want to get it fixed, because after a few freezes, it makes it impossible to play.

-Mason D.

Well, have no idea if this means anything, but, on test realm, all the freezes are gone... People can port to me and no freeze, I can look at a persons stats without freezing... Etc.. So, hopefully, when this small test goes live, it will fix all of the Freezes in the game!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Justin3620 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

-Mason D.

Well, have no idea if this means anything, but, on test realm, all the freezes are gone... People can port to me and no freeze, I can look at a persons stats without freezing... Etc.. So, hopefully, when this small test goes live, it will fix all of the Freezes in the game!

Sadly, I freeze even on Test. EVERY single time I am PVPing and a person casts a Snow Angel I hard lock, freeze isnt the correct word for me, its hard lock, cause I have to reboot :( Hopefully it gets fixed.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
You want to know what is more confusing? I also freeze really bad but I have 2 accounts and it only ever happens on this one account, even if I play them on the same computer at the same time or on separate computers it is only this one account that ever freezes. I'm really starting to think the freezing has to do with some thing in the game or it is account based but I'm at the point were I'm just going to quit and play something else