Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

camping in Barzar and jumping on

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
I think there should be a time limit players can be in barzar. They camp in there and take everything , not giving others a chance to get what they need. This is very rude and frustrating, maybe after 15 minutes they should get booted out for a few hours ? I was not brought up this way. I have seen so many rude players it is really sad . Another rude thing is they do not ask when you are in a fight quest, they just jump on and many times I am almost done or almost dead and did not ask for their help . They jump on which adds another creature to fight and I feel fleeing I am so angry and will start doing just that Please players use some manners and think of others ! The chat menu has the phrase " May I join you" for a reason . and in barzar , leave some for others !! geesh ! you live there and not even play the game !

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
This will never ever happen. If you think it through for a few minutes, you'll understand why.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Just like you have the right to buy what you want at the Bazaar, so do campers. How do you know that they aren't looking for something for quests, or camping for gear that could be better than theirs? Or maybe they're thinking about which gear could help them most in (ugh) PvP? Or they could be surfing through all the clothes and seeing how they look on their character? You don't know why they're there, so I'm not seeing any reason why you should be calling them out.

And battle circles do not belong to you. You don't own enemies. Although it may seem a bit 'rude', Wizards have every right to join battles. They dont know that you may be dying, at least not right away. They don't know that you might be on a quest. Heck, thy may see that your health meter is running a little low around you on the field and jump in to try to help you out? Kids play this game, dude. Do you honestly expect kids to conform to older players' annoyances and demanding of courtesy and respect? I don't.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hmm, The bazaar feels kind of like an auction. You better get it fast. I once dumped scrap iron off for a friend, told him to get it, when he went for it just 10 seconds later and tried to buy it, someone already snagged it all!

I wonder if there is any way to make adjustments to bazaar.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I can understand why you feel frustrated but you have to realize that there are usually over a million people online in this game at any given time unless you happen to live in the US and are on in the middle of the night.

People are gonna be people and that means some are going to be mean, rude, greedy, deceitful...and the list goes on and on. There is absolutely no way that you can make everyone do the "right" or "politically correct" thing all the time.

I get frustrated at times when others join my battles but there's not much you can do other than try to play in perfect realms or going into dungeons alone. I'm afraid that's just something you'll have to get used to at some point.

As far as the lingering in the bazaar goes.....well consider that a lot of those people are maybe legends that can't really do much except garden, pet train, decorate their homes or help others out because they've completely finished the game. They are there because they're selling items they've farmed for, buying pet snacks, different furniture for their homes or in the case of crafting....sitting there hoping they'll be able to snag that last regeant they need to craft an item they've be working for weeks or even months to craft.

A time limit is just not gonna happen. They have just as much right to be there as you or anyone else does. They've paid their crowns, subscriptions to play. Just because you see a crowded area in the realm you're in you have no way of knowing how many others are in the bazaar in all the other realms on this game. It's more than just the few you see on your screen.

I for one would be very upset about any time limit being placed on where I can be or how long I could be there. I pay for my game time. I've spent weeks trying to gather regeants to craft certain items. I've farmed and farmed for items to sell or collect. I try to snag certain things from the bazaar and if that means I have to spend the majority of my time online sitting in the bazaar to do it then I will.

I have four legends and the other two wizards are at level 59 right now. So other than the above things I mentioned there's not a lot to occupy me in this game at the moment until new content is released.

I'm not complaining just stating a few facts.

Hope you can adjust yourself to the few inconveniences and just find yourself being able to play a great game....because in the end Wizard101 is just that. A great all around game to enjoy!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
in every game, there are always selfish players that ruin the gameplay for others. i experienced both of the things. sometimes, people join just for another enemy to come then flee, just to annoy them. i also know theres a shopping spree at the bazaar. note to the selfish players: You don't play alone here! this will maybe help (i hope)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AmiRoi wrote:
I think there should be a time limit players can be in barzar. They camp in there and take everything , not giving others a chance to get what they need. This is very rude and frustrating, maybe after 15 minutes they should get booted out for a few hours ? I was not brought up this way. I have seen so many rude players it is really sad . Another rude thing is they do not ask when you are in a fight quest, they just jump on and many times I am almost done or almost dead and did not ask for their help . They jump on which adds another creature to fight and I feel fleeing I am so angry and will start doing just that Please players use some manners and think of others ! The chat menu has the phrase " May I join you" for a reason . and in barzar , leave some for others !! geesh ! you live there and not even play the game !

As for players camping at the Bazzar; you may see some that appear to be there all the time, but there are a lot of wizards that have the same names. If you remember the list provided to name your wizard, you will notice there is not an overly large selection.

Wizards can only stay in one place just so long before being disconnected for inactivity. The fact is, there are a lot of wizards looking for the same things. Especially reagents. It is cheaper to farm or garden for many of them. Just check the plant guides to seem what plant harvests what you are looking for.

Now, to the issue of players joining your battle without asking. Many of us have had that problem. Usually it is younger kids that do this and the only thing you can do other than flee is to try to put yourself in their shoes, or remember how you felt with a new wizard and a specific battle.

Unfortunately, Wysteria had several areas that it was not hard to get pulled into a battle by accident. The worst part was when this happened, the player would flee instead of staying and finishing the battle since they caused another enemy to join. If they stay, I am fine with it because it has happened to me. When they flee, then I do tend to get angry.

As for "rudeness". There is no excuse for that.

Defender
May 31, 2011
As others have pointed out, some items you can get from the bazaar is rare and the only chance one has is to "camp" out for the item(s). I Really do not see this as an issue of being selfish or rude. It is each person's choice how they choose to spend their time on the game, as long as they are following the rules of the site. I personally do not have a problem with this.

I can understand your issue with people joining in on street battles uninvited, but with the way the game is set up, this is inevitable. I learned to be a bit more relaxed about this as long as the person who joins is not overtly rude or abusive. In some areas of the game the enemies needed for quests are limited in availability so one needs to be willing to share them. I think it would be a bit rude of me to expect others to wait around for more to appear (it can take quite a bit of time sometimes). I have learned to stack up my deck and plan my attacks and heals as if someone else may join, that way, I am less "inconvenienced" if someone else joins. I find now I usually like other people to join as many quests require a large numbers of enemies to be defeated before collecting the desire item(s).

You can try playing in the less crowed realms. It doesn't 100 percent guarantee all your battles will be "other joiners" free, but it does help.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
This will never ever happen. If you think it through for a few minutes, you'll understand why.

Spoiler Alert: some people at the bazaar, like me, come every few levels for equiptment. Sometimes people come to get decor for houses and regeants. What about the pet trainers? If they take a while to shop, example younger wizards, and they get booted, they won't be able to get what they need. They will quit.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Now if you actually knew how hard it is to get 10 golden pearls (which currently is the only thing keeping me from the title Grandmaster Crafter), you wouldn't be talking right now.

I'm not even gonna address the jumping. It's an overexposed non-issue and nobody should care about it anymore.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
AgentDeclan wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

Spoiler Alert: some people at the bazaar, like me, come every few levels for equiptment. Sometimes people come to get decor for houses and regeants. What about the pet trainers? If they take a while to shop, example younger wizards, and they get booted, they won't be able to get what they need. They will quit.

I go to bazzar for equiptment and decor and get pet snacks! Heheh funny.

~WolfStrongShield~

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
The barzar? You spend so little time there that you cant remember the spelling that comes up every time you get close to the door. So obviously this 'issue' isn't a common one for you.

But anyways, the bazaar is practically the only place to go to sell anything for decent gold, and buy stuff cheap. This means that every few levels, or even on each 5th level, myself, like most other players, head there to shop.

The Bazaar isn't your personal playground. Its an auction house. Auction houses run by the supply/demand that determines the price of an item. This requires people to constantly be going there to buy and sell. If everyone went as often as you seem to, it would fail.

The bazaar doesnt stock any items it isnt sold. So if something isnt there its not because everyone inside is camping and taking it. It means more are being bought than being sold at that specific time you are there.
If its such an issue for you to not find something you want to buy, change realms! The bazaar is different for each realm, and has different items. I jump realms and check the bazaars for certain pet snacks because they are often sold out of the high population realms.

Having everybody get locked out after a time is like having your nearest shopping mall close down to everyone but you so that when you want to go, they can guarantee you that your item is stocked. Doesnt work like that. If its out of stock try again later. Works in the game as well as it does in real life, sometimes quicker.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
classact21 wrote:
The bazaar is different for each realm, and has different items. I jump realms and check the bazaars for certain pet snacks because they are often sold out of the high population realms.

Incorrect. The bazaar's inventory is global across all realms. You finding an item that was not there before the switch just means that someone sold it while you were switching.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
classact21 wrote:
The barzar? You spend so little time there that you cant remember the spelling that comes up every time you get close to the door. So obviously this 'issue' isn't a common one for you.

But anyways, the bazaar is practically the only place to go to sell anything for decent gold, and buy stuff cheap. This means that every few levels, or even on each 5th level, myself, like most other players, head there to shop.

The Bazaar isn't your personal playground. Its an auction house. Auction houses run by the supply/demand that determines the price of an item. This requires people to constantly be going there to buy and sell. If everyone went as often as you seem to, it would fail.

The bazaar doesnt stock any items it isnt sold. So if something isnt there its not because everyone inside is camping and taking it. It means more are being bought than being sold at that specific time you are there.
If its such an issue for you to not find something you want to buy, change realms! The bazaar is different for each realm, and has different items. I jump realms and check the bazaars for certain pet snacks because they are often sold out of the high population realms.

Having everybody get locked out after a time is like having your nearest shopping mall close down to everyone but you so that when you want to go, they can guarantee you that your item is stocked. Doesnt work like that. If its out of stock try again later. Works in the game as well as it does in real life, sometimes quicker.

Wrong. You can be in realm Ambrose, someone sells something in
balestrom, and still see it in Ambrose.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
classact21 wrote:

when i read at the old updates for when bazaar came, elik said "i got the whole spiral covered" so i think its useless to change realms, though i wish it would happen so reagent trading would be easier

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
the bazar is like a big garage-sale and like in the real world most peaple come there once in a while, just looking around, just to see if there is anything of interest, but others go to garagesales as often as they can, hoping to find that special teacup so they will have a matching set (for some this is a hobby and for some its even buisness). if poeple have time for just waiting at the bazar i cant see the problem.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
i know some might not agree to this but ... i feel like this game lets me be me.

irl, i have to do this and that. i have to dress how i am expected and do the things that are rewuired. when i get home, i'm me again. i can do everything i want in my pjs! its not wrong. its my home. this game lets me do what i want. yes, there are rules to the game. i dont mind them. btu come on! this game is for everyone. everyone has equal oppurtunity. everyone can be themselves, who they really are. let kids be kids. if they want to be camping, let them. if you dont like them camping there, go get it yourself. its not too hard. you get gold, exp, etc from the battles anyone. why complain? i'm doing just fine. i'm a level 46 in Mooshu. i am halfway through it and i have two houses. everything i got is from using gold that i got. i sold things i didnt or couldnt use. its not too hard to get it.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
AmiRoi wrote:
Another rude thing is they do not ask when you are in a fight quest, they just jump on and many times I am almost done or almost dead and did not ask for their help . They jump on which adds another creature to fight and I feel fleeing I am so angry and will start doing just that Please players use some manners and think of others !

You may want to take this up with Diego near the Arena in Wizard City. At the start of the game he tells you that if you see a fellow wizard in trouble, join in and help them out.

Until Diego changes his tune, I'll still keep jumping into duels to fight the monsters I need :)