Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet, shared bank, all my energy?...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
Another novice question here. I recently picked up some game cards to get the pets from them. (I'm hooked on collecting pets dunno why)

At any rate, I accidentally claimed two of the same type of gamecard on the same month. I got two of the same pet. So I figured I'd give one to my alt. I log in claim the gift. Transfer it to my shared bank. When my alt goes to get it out of there it tells me its going to take his energy to 0?

I dont understand why this rule exists. The only thing I can figure is someone might power level their pet. If someone has the patience to take the pet off one char, log off, log on the alt, get the pet run back to the training grounds and mindlessly play those games then they deserve to be able to. I for one just wouldnt have the patience.

Is that why?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Yes, that is exactly why, because it can be done in less than a minute with teleporting.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
chaskelanger wrote:
Another novice question here. I recently picked up some game cards to get the pets from them. (I'm hooked on collecting pets dunno why)

At any rate, I accidentally claimed two of the same type of gamecard on the same month. I got two of the same pet. So I figured I'd give one to my alt. I log in claim the gift. Transfer it to my shared bank. When my alt goes to get it out of there it tells me its going to take his energy to 0?

I dont understand why this rule exists. The only thing I can figure is someone might power level their pet. If someone has the patience to take the pet off one char, log off, log on the alt, get the pet run back to the training grounds and mindlessly play those games then they deserve to be able to. I for one just wouldnt have the patience.

Is that why?

It does that so you can't keep leveling the same pet, using multiple wizards on the same account. If it didn't, you could move that same pet between all six wizards and end up with over 400 total energy (depending on wizard levels/gear). The system is designed to limit your daily pet training and gardening unless you pay crowns for energy refills.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
im confused too. one time, i was sending my leviathan to my storm for it to match, but it said it would empty the energy. thats weird. well at least if i have this pet next to my storm, people will understand im not new and wont show off to me, hoping to impress me (when you become a legend, you have probably seen everything)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The reason you stated is why the energy is depleted when removing a pet from the shared bank.

When i transfer pets, I will use all the energy training the pet i do have on that wizard or gardening first. Then i take the pet out of the bank.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
chaskelanger wrote:

Is that why?

It does not matter which wizard takes the pet out of the shared bank, that wizard will lose ALL energy. So if you are gardening, do that before you claim the pet from the shared bank. You can still claim it even if you only have 1 energy left. This is another way for KI to get crowns used since you have to use them to restore the energy or wait for it to refill on its own. Me, I wait. Infact, I am getting ready to transfer a pet from one wizard to another since the one has 2 of the same pet.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
its entirely to keep people from power leveling their pet, since energy resets when you level. same reason we cant access the pet pavilion before level 7 and completing a certain quest.

not too mention someone came up with the idea of energy elixirs for crowns.