Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Wizard101 programmers

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
On behalf of the millions of wizards that love to play this game, I am begging you to do some maintenance that is LONG overdue.

I am experiencing severe lag times of about 10-15 minutes, and when the game decides to unfreeze, I pick the same card about 10 times and then the card has been played about five times.

On top of that, each wizard that I have been using (I have 6) has to wait for a world to reload that another had access to. Most of ,my wizards have made it to Mooshu, and two have made it to Dragonspyre, with one of them having completed Celestia and Wintertusk.

Why am I waiting for Mooshu to reload each day for the past four?

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice
Jared Wildsword, Level 49 outside the Labryinth

Champion
May 03, 2011
I could be wrong, but I suspect many of these sorts of problems have to do with your computer/graphics card, and/or connection. I'm not sure they can be resolved at the other end--ie, I doubt KI can "fix" this for you and many others who are having lag issues. The game is increasingly complex, graphically, and requires a fast connection and a graphically sophisticated machine. For better or worse, this is where the industry is going. It's unfortunate that here in the States we have some of the very best gaming technology, and some of the worst connection speeds, compared to, say, Asia. :(

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
There might be others having problems like you, but I don't think it is in the millions. I for one, am not having any of those Mooshu reload issues.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Oxnhorse wrote:
On behalf of the millions of wizards that love to play this game, I am begging you to do some maintenance that is LONG overdue.

I am experiencing severe lag times of about 10-15 minutes, and when the game decides to unfreeze, I pick the same card about 10 times and then the card has been played about five times.

On top of that, each wizard that I have been using (I have 6) has to wait for a world to reload that another had access to. Most of ,my wizards have made it to Mooshu, and two have made it to Dragonspyre, with one of them having completed Celestia and Wintertusk.

Why am I waiting for Mooshu to reload each day for the past four?

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice
Jared Wildsword, Level 49 outside the Labryinth

System Requirements wrote:
What You'll Need to Play Wizard101

Internet: Internet Connection Required

Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions

Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor

RAM Space: 512 Megabytes

Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent (standard in most PCs)

Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

Game Download: The game automatically initiates a download in the background when you log in to play for the first time. The process is transparent to the player. No special installation process is required. You must, however, be connected to the internet.

It is probably something to do with your RAM, HDD Space, Processor, or Video Card power. Note that with new editions to the game and with the game getting more popular, OLDER computers are best functioning on the 'PERFECT' Realms, not your standard 'Oh, I just popped on, I don't care what realm I'm in' thing.

Now are you 'Downloading' the world each time, or are you just waiting for the Loading screen to go away? Everyone waits for the Loading screen. If you're Re-downloading then you need to look into getting a newer computer because something is wrong with your system.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
i have a question if you delete wizard 101 off of your computer and put it back on do you have to start all over again plz answer

Administrator
snowox wrote:
i have a question if you delete wizard 101 off of your computer and put it back on do you have to start all over again plz answer

Young Wizard, please take a moment to check the Help & Support page for your information, it's posted right here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

Your Wizard is safely stored at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. Even if you uninstall Wizard101 from your computer, your Wizard, all the belongings and experience earned is still safe.

When you reinstall, it may look like your Wizard is still wearing his/her starter outfit, but they're not, it just takes a little time for your computer to download all images of the clothing and items that you're wearing, so don't panic! You can verify that your Wizard is still wearing their higher level clothing by looking at it in your backpack.

If you are logged off in a Member area, and your Membership expires, you will be returned to Ravenwood Commons and you can continue to play in the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Sometimes when I have lag and its still stuck I just turn my computer off and reset back in. That happened to me a lot sometimes LOL! So try that and see if it works, Let me know if it works, Good luck!

~WolfStrongShield~

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Send a help ticket and follow the instructions to run a diagnostic report, which you can then attach to the help ticket. A tech will review your system set up and make recommendations to fix your problem.

I'm betting you need to upgrade your video drivers. It shouldn't be hard to do, especially since the KI tech will send you a suggested link for the download.

Response time is usually no more than 24 hours. KI Rocks!

Regards,

qbb/Iridian/Moira/Scarlet

Explorer
May 09, 2011
codastar wrote:
Sometimes when I have lag and its still stuck I just turn my computer off and reset back in. That happened to me a lot sometimes LOL! So try that and see if it works, Let me know if it works, Good luck!

~WolfStrongShield~

Sounds like a hardware lock, which is my problem.....