Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the point?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:
Whats the point of hatching?
And i need a pretty intelligent answer /:
What is the point of hatching? To get certain pets and talents.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hatching between two pets will give you a new pet with half the talents of 1 parent and half the talents of the other. ( At least, I think that's how it's done.) If you hatch a great pet with another great pet, there is a chance you could get an even better pet than the one you already have! Or the pet would be the same as the one you already have. Either all.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:

1.) To get a pet with a different appearance.

2.) To get a pet with better talents or abilities (generational hatching).

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:

The point of hatching is so you can get some really neat pets without having to find them your self in some cases. Like if you want a storm hound you could hatch with storm hound and get it. Another reason is for the mixes for the 48 and 58 pets because they look cool and it allows lower wizards to beable to use the pet spell too. So hatching has many different reasons but it's up too you if you want to or not.

Historian
May 01, 2010
two big reasons:
1 getting hybrids
2 getting the stats of a pet that you want into a pet you can use: like getting spritely into a helephant.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Tigerstrikesgirl wrote:

The point of hatching is to get better stats for your pet, and the number beside your pet is called a Pedigree, it's how good the talents can get like for a pet with a pedigree of 30, it gets mostly uncommon and common stats, and pets with 60+ pedigree will most likely have 'epic' stats like Pain giver ( Gives damage boost to all schools), and Spell-Proof ( Gives resist to all schools), and you've probably see a pet dance and give it's owner a sprite thing, that's a skill called spritely. Also pet mixes do give better stats then the normal pet sometimes. So hatching has a great point to it