Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increasing Levle Cap - I'm Bored Right Now

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Hi There,

I'm finding that since I have hit legendary I've lost all incentive to complete all my quests. The game has bceom a bit of a boring grind and even the new spells are not enough of a pull to get me to finish the missions.

Is there any chance the cap level will be increased? Wintertusk got me up to 60 so fast I thought I was dreaming - as a result, I never completed it or CL.

Thanks for taking the time to read and responsd to this post.

Oran

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Delver
Apr 10, 2010

All six of my wizards have reached legendary now. So I understand. I know that I'm looking forward to any future worlds in the Spiral the KI comes up with. :D

1. If you craft, try making items for your house or equipment for yourself.
2. Gardening is a great way of getting treasure cards you can either sell or save for pvp.
3.Or check in with your lower level friends to see if they want/need any help from you.

that's what I've been doing with myself lately.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
My Storm wizard hit level 60 right after unlocking the Crustacean Empire area.

I have not completed Celestia any further than that, and never even stepped foot in Wintertusk.

I am not necessarily bored, but more 'tired.' Until KI gives players more to do other than waiting a whole day for energy once it runs out, I don't see any other purpose in this game other than sitting in the middle of Wizard City commons showing off like the rest of the characters. And no, I will not give KI crowns just to refill my energy bar for a few minutes.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Maybe....possibly....even chance....likely....that a new world later this year....might...increase the level cap.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
There's tons of people that have already written about this. They are in the process of making a new world, so you'll just have to be patient.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Patience is a virtue. The level cap should be raised next year, sometime in January or so.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Problem is every new world is open to low levels which means more xp while leveling so you max out long before you even go to some areas.

I hope that when a new world is released it is 60+ lower levels should have to work to be able to see it not just get a free pass.
I also hope for a lvl increase and that quests in new area aren't like the multitude of quest giving 10K+ xp makes you reach cap with no real effort involved.

I mean i hit lvl 60 went to waterworks and 1st mob there had a quest that gave 15k+ xp huh ?? I'm lvl 60 with max xp seems a touch silly.

I mean Ki you spend time and money on developing new areas why cut yourself off at the knees there is a faithful following of Legendary wizards it's been 3 years, Time to bring in an endgame aspect for those of us that have been here and put the effort in to reach legendary. Instead of us maxing out getting bored and leaving to do other things while we wait for the next release seems your losing out on $ to me.

Just a Thought

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I'm a veeeery slow wizard, so I only have one level 60 wizard and one other in Celestia. While I agree that a new world would be exciting, I rememebr that a lot of people complained when Wysteria came out (I myself thought it was fun) and it was not the hard-core world they had expected. I think that Kingsisle is working hard on it and I hope that they take their time so that they do not make another so-called 'Mistake'.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Sorry I wasn;t clear enough in my origional post - I'm not looking for a new world.

I'm simply asking them to lift the experience cap level. A new world with more experience to gain would not solve the current situation as I see it. I'm looking for a cap increase so I can "use up" the experience points from the quests that are already available.

Doing an ultra hard quest in Wintertusk for, lets say, 12,000 EXP and 260 gold, really, really hurts when the only thing you can use is the 260 gold. Frankly I'd be better served taking out ghosts on unicorn lane and selling item drops to raise the 260 gold.

I'm looking for them to increase the level cap to use up the already available exp that is in game.

For every two level increase they could give:
-Better gear
-More pets
-Different spells (how about an entirely different school of magic?)
-More stuff to craft

Does this make sense now?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:
Does this make sense now?

Not really. If they lifted the level cap without new content, everyone who has already completed all the quests and is level 60 would remain level 60, while others would go on to 60+. KI really can't do what your asking. Even if they "fast forward" those completed wizards to level 70, it's the same situation, but a new number.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
KI has never failed to give much more exp than needed to max out. Just do the quests and enjoy the story. When the new world comes out, you will hit max again with the quests provided. There is no need to horde them, though it would seem like you do.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I strongly agree. I've been playing about seven months and it's been fun while it last, but right now all we legendary seem to do is farm for mega snacks to make a perfect pet, or hunt for special items, and just doing the same thing over and over. And the situation looks horrible. All I been trying to do is get the perfect pet by farming for gold and mega snacks. But now it's harder to get mega snacks from Luska in waterworks, so I'm kinda disappointed. Nevertheless, this is after all a kid's game. Not much of a BIG challenge. I seriously doubt Kingsisle will raise the level cap. But anyway, I may have to let go of this game. Was fun, but just isn't enough anymore for legendary. Peace.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
A new main quest world (ms, ds, cl, etc.) will increase that lvl cap and that's probably the kind of world we're looking at next because ki just released two side worlds in a row.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
for the maxed players: complete every quest you can find, but dont turn them in. when KI raises the level cap, enjoy your free xp

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
marolin23 wrote:
for the maxed players: complete every quest you can find, but dont turn them in. when KI raises the level cap, enjoy your free xp

Smart idea, I'll give that a try then - thanks for the tip.

Hope they come up with a solution soon!

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I decided to erase my legend, and start a new character and get him back to legendary before another level cap

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
scotttttttttt wrote:
I decided to erase my legend, and start a new character and get him back to legendary before another level cap

not sure i understand why you would erase your legend after all that work, when you can make 5 other wizards without having to erase anyone?? :?