Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has something changed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
I'm really not sure whats going on but i have a legendary balance wizard that i've been playing since the game came out. Normally i dont complain and actually this is my first time but since the new world changes he's been completely off. For one with the chieftain's hat and the greenwarden boots i have a great critical but i never critical and i have close to 100 crit block with some things i've crafted and some expensive crown gear and i dont think i've blocked anything in days. Now i've spent alot and i mean alot on this game and i would like for the stuff i buy and craft to work as they say they do, for the money we dump into this game i dont think its too much to ask now is it.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Have you heard of crazy, crazy chance?

When I'm farming Halfang Bristlecrown, I always seem to critical a scarecrow when he's at 500 or so health. With my amazing critical chance of ... seventy, this is not very fun. His Wildbolts almost always do a thousand damage too.

But, this all involves luck. Even though the battles with Halfang are more difficult then they should be, I wind up getting great bargains at the bazaar, and the gear he drops is fine.

Good luck comes to those who are smiling.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
balance is playing really weak right now... I have four legendaries three of which play around the same in strength as each other, and then there is my balance that plays really weak despite having a pet that has spritely, targeting, all damage, and balance damage... my balance rarely ever gets criticals anymore despite having as high of a critical chance on it that I can get (I think around 147%)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Critical ratings are not percentages. They're numbers. It's generally believed that the Critical hit rating is based on a 400-500 point scale (i.e. a Critical rating of 100 means you'll critical 20-25% of the time), while the Critical block is generally believed to be on a 350-400 point scale. Some also believe that the levels of the two combantants has something to do with it, as does an "Elite" rating (i.e. Boss) for a NPC enemy.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Have you heard of crazy, crazy chance?

When I'm farming Halfang Bristlecrown, I always seem to critical a scarecrow when he's at 500 or so health. With my amazing critical chance of ... seventy, this is not very fun. His Wildbolts almost always do a thousand damage too.

But, this all involves luck. Even though the battles with Halfang are more difficult then they should be, I wind up getting great bargains at the bazaar, and the gear he drops is fine.

Good luck comes to those who are smiling.

Ketil Blackheart also almost always does an 1,000 bolt.