Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Started playing again, need friends.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
I've reactivated my account and have come to find that my old friends list is not active anymore. Looking for some good and fun people to play with. Occasionally I will need some help with quests and such. Currently have:

Noah SoulBringer lvl 50 GM Theurgist that I would like to max out. Celestia is such a pain

Isaiah DeathWalker lvl 30 Magus Necromancer that I would like to get to GM.

I'm not looking for people to just help me get quests done. Sometimes I just like to chill out or work on some of my lower Wizards due to boredom. I will definitely help out those who need it. I've helped complete strangers in the past for hours just because someone else did the same for me in the beginning.

Lower level peeps don't hesitate to look me up. Always willing to help out new players or older players making a new Wizard. Hope to hear from some people soon.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
You can have my friends... Good thing they don't read these message boards... :) -gabriel darkthorn, master diviner (and crew)

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Posts can take up to a day to appear here. Go to Wizard101 Central and post there, because they post in real time. It's only because if you're trying to meet up with people, Wizard101 Central posts in real time, so you can meet with the desired person at the time you've planned.

Champion
May 03, 2011
You can have my friends... Good thing they don't read these message boards... -gabriel darkthorn, master diviner (and crew)

Sorry, had to laugh at this. I know whereof you speak. I have perhaps fifteen friends on my list I'd like to keep. The rest are merely demanding, ungrateful, and, well, rude. They ask for help, don't say thanks, and port to me the minute I turn on my port function. They run around my house whenever they can get there, without even a hello. The other day I helped a guy through the Labyrinth--defeating every single enemy for him, I might add--and he just ported off after it was over. Never said thanks during the entire hour. He's off my list...anyway, the point is, one should choose one's friends carefully. I have done with subsequent wizards...but my Myth, who accepted requests indiscriminately in her first months of playing, mostly hides now. :? To the original poster: you sound like a helpful player and nice person. I'm sure you'll find friends soon--but as mentioned above, Central is a better place to make real-time connections.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
Garum wrote:
I've reactivated my account and have come to find that my old friends list is not active anymore. Looking for some good and fun people to play with. Occasionally I will need some help with quests and such. Currently have:

Noah SoulBringer lvl 50 GM Theurgist that I would like to max out. Celestia is such a pain

Isaiah DeathWalker lvl 30 Magus Necromancer that I would like to get to GM.

I'm not looking for people to just help me get quests done. Sometimes I just like to chill out or work on some of my lower Wizards due to boredom. I will definitely help out those who need it. I've helped complete strangers in the past for hours just because someone else did the same for me in the beginning.

Lower level peeps don't hesitate to look me up. Always willing to help out new players or older players making a new Wizard. Hope to hear from some people soon.

Good lvl 50 was wondering for a bit of help if you can is polymorph a good school for when i reach the lvl i am a lvl 38 balance

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
[quote=tabby714
Sorry, had to laugh at this. I know whereof you speak. I have perhaps fifteen friends on my list I'd like to keep. The rest are merely demanding, ungrateful, and, well, rude.

Then why are they still on your list?

Champion
May 03, 2011
tanda: Good question. I have trouble deleting people until they do something egregious. I guess the fifteen are people I know are cool, helpful to me, and polite when I help them. (Needless to say, there are lots of people n my list I never see or hear from). It's funny, but last night it happened again. I helped someone through Malistaire's Lair, he ported off without a word. Starting to think it's me... :?

Apologies to the OP. Didn't want to hijack your thread, especially since you are looking for positive connections. I do have those--I think I'm just in a bad patch with the game. But I've had some fun and cool experiences with friends on my list, too. Okay, I will cease complaining. Good luck getting back into playing, Garum. It's still a really great game, where you can meet terrific people. :-) And if you see me in the game, say hi. I'm not really as negative as I sounded here :? Honest.

Tabitha

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
To WhimsicalWizard: you're right, I forgot about the delay. I'll throw a message over there.

To Grimisto: Polymorph? You mean mixing other school spells I assume. I've tried all variations (Yes I payed the crowns to change). Balance and Death are the best combo I came up with. That's just my opinion. You've got your own heal spells plus some extra's in the form of life stealing. Any other school (except life for the heal spells) will fizzle a lot. Something Balance cant afford. At lvl 38 I cant remember what spells you are at in Balance school and death. But to mix of the two pays off in then end at higher levels. Now that was before Celestia came. These days there are many more combo's so it's hard to say. I hope this is what you meant.

To tabby714: no worries about hijacking the thread:) Actually, I think this is turning out to be an interesting topic. We should see where it goes. Probably no where lol.

Gonna head on over to central and make a post there.