Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Lost Text Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
Please help me Kingsisle I lost Text chat for no reason one day i started playing and when i typed stuff and pressed enter nothing would show up. I went to My Accounts to see what the problem was and when I checked it, it said that it was turned off and it said i have to be a member to turn it on again even thought i am a member please help me i want to talk to my friends again :-(

Administrator
Parental Controls were enabled on this account, and when that was done, chat privileges were removed.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Parental Controls were enabled on this account, and when that was done, chat privileges were removed.

Ok but how do I change it back? It says I need to be a member when I am. Do I get to change it once I get another membership? If not I probably will stop playing because I can't communicate and I don't feel like starting all over.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
If you were sure you didn't do anything that got you reported and/or muted, and that you either have a membership with the open chat enabled and/or is older than 13, then it was probably because your parents or anyone that is in control of your account(s) have disabled open chat for you. To regain it if that is the reason you need to ask them to re-enable the open chat feature for you.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hi Supergamer,

If you are younger than 18 years old, one of your parents received a message informing her/him of your Wizard101 account. The message would have contained information about parental controls, which are set with a password protection. That means that you mom or dad chose to limit you to menu chat OR you have filtered chat and have tried to type words that are not acceptable to the chat filter.

If you have been limited due to parental choice, you will have to talk to your parent(s) about whether you are allowed to have filtered or open chat. If your parent decides to let you have filtered or open chat, then she/he will have to access parental controls with the password she/he set up and change the chat setting. In other words, you can't change that setting yourself, unless you have the correct password for parental controls.

Hope you get it all straightened out soon,

queenlybluebean

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
SuperGamer777 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Ok but how do I change it back? It says I need to be a member when I am. Do I get to change it once I get another membership? If not I probably will stop playing because I can't communicate and I don't feel like starting all over.
Have you tried turning off Parental Controls?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)