Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gene Testing ( Pets lineage)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
How many wizards have pets and cant remember where we got them or who we hatched with?..I think it would help us hatch the pets we wanted with the talents we want if we could access our pets genetic history.
A method of gene testing would enable us to look at our pets parents and the talents they possessed.
I would suggest either a snack to feed your pet, a sigil in the hatchery, a card from the pet shop,a hoard pack from the crown shop that would allow you to veiw your pets genetic history and give a new tab on your pets page to make this history available to other wizards you may want to hatch with.
Suggestions..
1. Pets parents.
2.Talents that have been passed on from the parents.
3.The pets origin( dropped, purchased, hatched, hybrid,
the name of the wizard who owned the pet)
4.Pet details,.. ie favourite snacks etc.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Sorry this may sound rude (not intended)
You seriously hatch so much that you can't remember who you hatched with! O_O

I hatch for hybrids mostly

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
vaneairdbe wrote:
Sorry this may sound rude (not intended)
You seriously hatch so much that you can't remember who you hatched with! O_O

I hatch for hybrids mostly

Some people hatch for hybrids or with others to get new pets for their collections.

Others, like myself, hatch to try and create pets with better talents for battles. I have done many trying for a pet with great talents and I have had the same problem of forgetting which pets where hatched with which, I now keep a notebook with this information.

I like this idea.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
jd181818 wrote:
How many wizards have pets and cant remember where we got them or who we hatched with?..I think it would help us hatch the pets we wanted with the talents we want if we could access our pets genetic history.
A method of gene testing would enable us to look at our pets parents and the talents they possessed.
I would suggest either a snack to feed your pet, a sigil in the hatchery, a card from the pet shop,a hoard pack from the crown shop that would allow you to veiw your pets genetic history and give a new tab on your pets page to make this history available to other wizards you may want to hatch with.
Suggestions..
1. Pets parents.
2.Talents that have been passed on from the parents.
3.The pets origin( dropped, purchased, hatched, hybrid,
the name of the wizard who owned the pet)
4.Pet details,.. ie favourite snacks etc.

simple keep track in a notebook with all that data

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I love this idea!

I usually mix pets for the talents...not looks. Many times I have forgotten what two pets i used for a certain mix.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, this has some merit. I this a pets lineage should be able to be seen by both partners when breeding and even when just checking out someone else's pet. I crossed my Judgement with a Crop Watcher and got an Astral Judge. Astral Judge is supposed to be a cross between Judgement and Forest lord, but since Crop Watcher is a cross between Scarecrow and Forest Lord, it used the grandparent Forest Lord for my hybrid. I didn't know it would do that, but now that I do know it would be nice to see the lineage of a pet to know what hybrids I may be able to get based on a grandparent as well as the actual pet. I am not a hatchery addict enough to know what all hybrids come from. Being able to see it on a point and click basis would really be nice. And it is easier than trying to get an answer to the question "Where did you get your pet?" from someone since about 50% of the people in the pet pavillion seem to be AFK.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Oh idk about this because i have hatched1 of my pets like 100 times!