Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It takes a while, hmmm.... :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
Hey Wizard 101 professors and staff :)

I've been on my two accounts the past couple of days with different computers and for some reason it's taking a while for the wizard game to recognize commands, that I'm picking up reagents, that I'm in a battle fighting. Then when I decide to log off because monster things are walking through the battle circle, it won't let me :( major bummer.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks for all you do! My family loves this game :)

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
That would be lag. Don't quote me on this but i believe its input lag. Which would mean that the commands you are entering, are taking a while for your computer to reach their servers. Slow internet causes this. I have the same problems sometime.

When monsters on the street are walking through my battle circle, I know I've lost connection.
The game doesnt always bring up the notice that tells me I've lost connection, but like i said when exactly what you mentioned begins to happen I realize whats going on.
I typically have to sit back for about a minute or two while my computer attempts to re-establish the connection. If it does it puts me back in the game where I left off, if it doesn't it boots me to the character select or even out of the application entirely :(

One way I check this if I suspect it, is by opening a page in my browser, usually google. If its taking more than 6 seconds to load google, your internet is definitely suffering some sort of connection issue at this time, and you would experience all of the said delays you had mentioned.

If the issue is caused by what I think it is, I can tell you that you will not experience this problem while running wizard101 on one computer with one account logged in. This boils down to an issue of bandwith.

Which just means that your internet is sacrificing some speed in one computer to balance it out over the two you are logged in from at the same time.

If this doesn't work i'd call your internet provider and say your connection is much slower than what youre paying for, why is this, etc.

I was going to refer you to a link to a post one of the Professors here put up about bringing your lag to a minimum, but I can't seem to find it now.
The only suggestion I can recall from it is turning off your quest helper, which is an option under Gameplay (i think) within the 'ESC' menu.

When the game doesnt have to continually judge your position in relation to your selected quest, and update the information every step you take just to rotate a small arrow on your screen, it seems to allow your computer and their servers to 'talk' much faster. It helped me a little, at least. As I hope this helps you!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It sounds like your computer is having issues. This could be for any number of reasons.

You're going to need to do the dxdiag thing. Here's the quote:

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010