Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charms, Traps, and etc

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
I was wondering. For traps and other damage boosting spells, do the traps stack on each other ( Like a 40% plus damage would be 60% with a 20%?)
Or is it separate? Criticism is welcome.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
The damage is multiplied by each trap\blade; you do not add the factors up.
(Also remember the boost is a percentage increase to the original damage)

So in your example it would be:

Damage X 1.4 X 1.2 = Damage X 1.68

If Damage = 100 then ( 100 X 1.4 X 1.2 = 168 )

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dracula083 wrote:
I was wondering. For traps and other damage boosting spells, do the traps stack on each other ( Like a 40% plus damage would be 60% with a 20%?)
Or is it separate? Criticism is welcome.

Different percentages (or different spells) automatically stack, but if they are the same percentage (same spell), you will need different versions of that spell to get them to stack (like treasure or item cards).

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Yes you can stack them. I have a ice wizard so for me to do excellent damage I must stack spells. Exmple would be: balefrost (35%), iceblade (40%), ice trap (35%). You can not stack to traps together so please keep that in mind.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Well, it is really simple actually. What happens is you strike with, say, 2 traps on your opponent, a plus 25% and a plus 70%. The computer selects that trap that was put on the enemy first, say the + 25%. So it adds
+ 25 % to the attack, causing the damage to increase to, say, 1000. Then it will activate the second trap, the + 70% one. The computer will add 70% of the attack it would have made with only one trap on it. So your damage would now be 1700. Easy as that.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
Well, it is really simple actually. What happens is you strike with, say, 2 traps on your opponent, a plus 25% and a plus 70%. The computer selects that trap that was put on the enemy first, say the + 25%. So it adds
+ 25 % to the attack, causing the damage to increase to, say, 1000. Then it will activate the second trap, the + 70% one. The computer will add 70% of the attack it would have made with only one trap on it. So your damage would now be 1700. Easy as that.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

They don't add up like that. In your example, the base damage is 800.

The traps add up to 95% on top, so 800 + 95% = 1560

However, the blades are added up first, and then the traps multiply the bladed damage. So if you had a base of 800 with a 25% blade, you have 1000.

Then add the 95% traps, and you now have 1950 damage.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
My bad, they do factor with each one. For some reason I kept thinking the boosts were additive within the charm and ward sections separately.