Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Tells Me To Go To His Office...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Ummmm.... I was in Krok when I got to Level 30 and Merle appeared and said to go see him because he had a package for me... Something like that. I zap myself back to go see him and he just has a standard default message about Malistaire.... Is this a glitch? Did I miss something? Thanks... Level 30 Fire Wizard... Julia DarkShard

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
He'll usually call you to his office for nothing .

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Yes, I have had this happen to me, but it is nothing too important. I would say to visit him every so often in case he has a quest and doesn't say anything. If he does say something in that little circle, go and get the quest that might be there.

See you in the Spiral!
Cheyenne GriffinCaller Level 53 Myth

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Same with me when i was level 40 he said come to me?

Had no Quests.

It was weird why would he even send me then?

i agree with everyone that wrote back.

From you friendly wizard allison battle rider level 41

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Same thing happened to me. It was when i was level 35, I got supercharge but also a message from him. I came over, and he just had a gray question mark as if there was a pending quest. Which I didn't have any for him. Just check when you have the time in case it's true. Not a big deal

Thomas Stormsword Level 35 Diviner

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
try leveling up at least once because i have a freind who reached level 25 and then merel told him to go to him and when he went there he had no quests for him. the next day he leveled up and went to merel and he unlocked wysteria.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
I had a similar thing happen. Ambrose said "can you come see me i need to speak with you. Something came in for you." I figuered it was because i had some level 30 gear i was waiting for. The quest arrow was pointing only at the spiral door, when i went from GH to WC. When i went through Ambrose's door, the quest helper told me to go back. Ambrose said the Malistaire thing.... .. .. . . ... ok and? I tried to figure this out for a good while and finaly gave up. Ican see nothing changed so, no harm no foul, right? So far..

Survivor
May 15, 2009
So, I just dinged on lvl 51 (woohoo!) and Merle had a message. He said he wanted me to come when I had time. So I went home and to wizard city. I went to his place. No quest. (gee, merle) I have 2 questions.

(1. Why did he need me at Level 51 and
(2. Why didn't he have a quest

Confused,
Natalie IceRiver, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Natalie IceRiver on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
So, I just dinged on lvl 51 (woohoo!) and Merle had a message. He said he wanted me to come when I had time. So I went home and to wizard city. I went to his place. No quest. (gee, merle) I have 2 questions.

Confused,
It's a glitch. Ignore it.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
It does that for me too, it repeats the same quest over and over for the Lost Pages events, its really annoying i've already gotten like five of beat spellwrit stalkers when there not even there! I would hope that they fix that eventually.

Valerian Hammer

Defender
Dec 20, 2012

Confused,
He sometimes does that and its nothing really its just a computer updating so just keep working on lvling up and I have done that a million times!!!!

Your WElcome,

Cheyenne StormHunter lvl 33

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009

Confused,
Its a glitch that happens after curtain circumstances including getting on after you haven't been on in a long time, getting on, on a new computer, and so on. It happens to me all of the time.
Sincerely,
Austin IceThorn Level 56 Pyromancer

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Heres a tip:

It could be something worth your time, so mark your location and go to him, if it's nothing then teleport back to your questing.

Wolf HawkBreaker Promethean

A Balanced Life

"Stuffs hard. We get it. Now go."

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012

Confused,
Same when I reached lvl 30 he said to go to his place and guess what?! No quest from Merle Ambrose.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013

Confused,
Yeah I think this is your problem:

I'm not sure if it happens to others, but when I bought membership, all of the side tips on the right of the screen reappeared when I entered the area again or got a pet or something. So I think they are just reappearing because they glitches and did it again. I already did the quest where you take a piffle from Merle to milo, and was quite annoyed when his booming voice telling me to go to Merle was annoying.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
... that's weird. Did you switch computers? When i switched computers to show my friend it glitched out. it sent all the tutorial tips from when i was a lvl 1. like Bernie the fire tree saying you are allowed to have text chat and Gamma the owl. The guy from the library. It was annoying.
Stephanie Fireflame
lvl 24 Adept Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009

Confused,
Merle is losing his memory in his old age and may think its time to do a quest you've already done. I've noticed that there are different dialogues in the window that are tied in with the quest. Try to memorize the previous ones and watch for new ones you don't recognize.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Sometimes, this happens due to an update. If level requirements for a spell or pet are changed, he will call you for the new spell that you already have (or pet)

Blaze Mythmancer Level 89 Conjurer

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
Don't worry about it. Merle is making sure your paying attention to your studies

Survivor
Apr 11, 2013
He says that every once in a while. He probably has somebody else giving the quest and leading to him.

Christopher Emerald Level 20 Adept

Survivor
Dec 03, 2012

Confused,
yeah he did that to me to ignore it.it will happen once in a while

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I made a post like this before an I got told merle amrose is confused

Survivor
Nov 21, 2011
merle said he had a quest for me at level 30 and 35 but I go to wizard city but he didn't the only new quest I have is theif of spells from erik wyrdrune

John NightBreaker level 35 necromancer

Squire
May 10, 2013
Merle has bad habits of calling his students to his office for No Reason.
I was level 30 and I got those "Fake Tutorial Tip"