Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It is so sad at the end of the arc!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I really and truly felt very bad for Malistaire at the end of his dungeon. Him and Sylvia's ghost talking, and then he just up and dies! I was almost crying except for the fact that it's a video game and that I was so excited about getting into CL. Anyways, it was so beautifully written and so dramatic (in a good way) that I was really sad! I love games or books or movies or whatever that have that sort of element, with the descent into evil because of tragedy and stuff. And then at the end... I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about it (which I absolutely can not do because this IS a videogame). Anyways, kudos to you, writers of KI, for a truly beautiful story. You really should write a book.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
cookiejar42 wrote:
I really and truly felt very bad for Malistaire at the end of his dungeon. Him and Sylvia's ghost talking, and then he just up and dies! I was almost crying except for the fact that it's a video game and that I was so excited about getting into CL. Anyways, it was so beautifully written and so dramatic (in a good way) that I was really sad! I love games or books or movies or whatever that have that sort of element, with the descent into evil because of tragedy and stuff. And then at the end... I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about it (which I absolutely can not do because this IS a videogame). Anyways, kudos to you, writers of KI, for a truly beautiful story. You really should write a book.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

Finally, someone who agrees with me!

I attended a creative writing workshop a few months ago; a major topic was the need to make our antagonists human, no matter how evil/psychotic/generally messed-up they are, and this whole arc is a shining example of this. I mean, take away Malistaire's powers, and he's just a guy who's heartbroken and in denial, can't accept that Sylvia is gone forever or understand why he can't bring her back. I'm sure that anyone who's ever lost a friend or loved one has experienced this; one of my best friends died a couple of years ago, so I can relate to him- even if I didn't turn into an evil overlord overnight, the feelings at the heart of the matter are much the same.

I love your suggestion, Sophia- I would definitely buy a book-version, were KI to release one, because that's what makes a great story. Strong emotions, believable characters, and a coherent storyline all make for an enjoyable reading (and gaming) experience.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Totally. Would. Read. That. Book!!

If there was a book, would you think the main character to be a boy or a girl? What school would they be? Would they fall in love or not? Be a loner or a people person? So many questions!!

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
matinils wrote:
At Least Malistare can spend his death with sylvia! :( :(

But that was what I thought the saddest part of it was! He died so he could finally be with her...

Which raises another question-- did we kill malistaire?!

Hero
May 02, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:
matinils wrote:

But that was what I thought the saddest part of it was! He died so he could finally be with her...

I think we did, as Cyrus says the following after the short scene with Malistaire and Sylvia.
"You've done it; closed the cover on this unfortunate chaper. It was unfortunate that you were drawn into such a dangerous battle, but you showed curage and ingenuity beyond anything I could've imagined. I have lost my brother, though the true Malistaire was gone long ago. I will return us both to Headmaster Ambrose's office now. I have opened a portal leading there, I suggest you use it."

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
cookiejar42 wrote:
matinils wrote:

we did. you ever seen him blast himself? remember, the death of malistares was for the spirals own best. he nearly destroyed dragonspyre

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:
matinils wrote:

yes we did infact its because if we didnt he would destroy the spiral so we had no choice but to defeat him and at the end he said we shall R.I.P sylvia so yes we did infact

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
We did kill him, after the epic battle notice that malistare is now a soul, he's dead.

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I thought the saddest part of it all was when we first met Sylvia in her tomb. It was hard hearing her say how it was so dark and cold...then how she was alone. I know it's only a game, but how many times have any of us felt that way?

It was a very well written script altogether.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I find it interesting that throughout the whole game the word "defeat" is used instead of kill, and then we go ahead and kill malistaire? Not that it ever says, specifically, in writing, that we killed him, but you get the point.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
cookiejar42 wrote:

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

cheer up remember we can always use his treasure card so he can always truly be right there on are side now helping us take out no matter who
trying to get his treasure card again so he can help fight jade oni when i get there

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Riolu7890 wrote:
Totally. Would. Read. That. Book!!

If there was a book, would you think the main character to be a boy or a girl? What school would they be? Would they fall in love or not? Be a loner or a people person? So many questions!!

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

I totally would read such a novel. If KI decided to write a novel that plots or follows the storyline in the game itself, not only will it earn the game an immense fame rise, I will really think the book will be a hit and/or a bestseller. I'm totally with the idea of KI releasing a novel of a young boy/girl wizard and his/her/their journey of trying to end the problems of The Spiral.

At first, when I first learned about him, I was thirsty for blood trying to get my hands on Malistaire. However after I finished Mooshu, as the story of what happened to cause the evil arising of Marlistaire, I at heart truly felt sorry for both him and his deceased wife. When I finally went face-to-face with him, I actually didn't want to fight him.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

I did feel a little guilty about killing my own ex-teacher...

But I think it was a bittersweet ending.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I miss dragonspyre,it was and still will be, the best part of the spiral ever.Nothing can change that! I miss Malistare's plot also, so original, so cool, so dramatic.Keep it coming with the new Malistare we meet in CL. :P :-)