Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Graphics Maybe?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
I really like the graphics as they are. I like the whimsical, "young wizard" feel of the game. When I want the realistic graphic games, I go play them. This is not that kind of game -- and the art fits the game quite well. So no, I don't think this is the kind of game where realistic artwork is needed or fitting.
I agree, and couldn't have said it better.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I kind of like the graphics the way they are, but since there are people like you who want better graphics, I think there should be an option in the options menu that ask if you want the regular graphics or the 'superacracallibe' graphics (I made that neologism with the Latin stems we learned in the year =3 )
But honestly, I like the graphics the way they are

-Nathaniel Redflame, lvl 48

P.S.
Just in case you want to know, these are the stems I used in the making of the neologism:

Super = Over
Acr = Sharp
Call = Beautiful
-Be = Life

It's supposed to mean graphics that are overly sharp and beautiful that it looks like real life. =)

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I think the graphics are good as they are. If the graphics were changed to the ones in the commercials, it would cause a lot more data to have to be used to run the game, and some player's computers may be running slow in the first place, and causing all that data overflow might make it so they can't run the game anymore. Besides, the cartoon-y art style they have for the game is really fitting, and also appeals to younger players to get more people to play the game.

Enjoying the graphics,

Duncan Windleaf, Level 66 Diviner

Cameron Sungem, Level 19 Sorceror

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I love the graphics in the commercials. I like the ones actually in game aswell. Perhaps have an option where you can have the commercial's graphics or original W101?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
i think there should be a graphic update in wizard101, not realistic graphics, but graphics that make
the game come more to life. its been 4 almost 5 years since wizard101 and we haven't been
given a single graphic update.

talon shadowwraith lvl 70

Explorer
May 08, 2014
I play a lot of MMO games and most of them eventually do a graphics update. When they do one it allows players to recreate their new character while still keeping their current progress in the game. And you have to admit the graphics are a bit old and the characters do look a bit dull. So with it you would keep every thing you currently have but with better and finer detailed looks and movements. Though it would take awhile to retexture everything its worth it and with all the money they get from players it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No it doesn't need an update. It would drive a lot of players away from the game. A very large number of players are children, parents and grandparents playing on older computers. Forcing players to need the newest best computers just to be able to play isn't going to keep players. There were a huge number of complaints about lag caused by the comet stikes after Azteca, and that was just adding a little more animation. Updating the graphics would just be too much of drag on resources and really wouldn't bring in any money for KI. It would just cause them to lose customers.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ricochety on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I play a lot of MMO games and most of them eventually do a graphics update. When they do one it allows players to recreate their new character while still keeping their current progress in the game. And you have to admit the graphics are a bit old and the characters do look a bit dull. So with it you would keep every thing you currently have but with better and finer detailed looks and movements. Though it would take awhile to retexture everything its worth it and with all the money they get from players it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Okay, this has already been posted a bunch of times. Most answers are a resounding No. Not everyone can afford new computers/software or whatever it would take.
The game is fine. This is not Pirates. Leave it alone.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
That would take a lot of work. Also I for one love the nostalgia the graphics give me. If it is done there should still be an option to play in old graphics. I love the current graphics, and if they got entirely removed I would head straight to the W101 studios.

John Starflame
level 68

~ Wondoo

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
that's a mixed bag that idea, if by update you mean "upgrade".
A lot of players including some of the kids and adults I know irl...play on not so awesome systems that already run kinda slow. upgrade the graphics and they won't be able to play.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
older computers wouldn't be able to handle it.

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Well i think ill will be nice to have a graphical update in Wizard101 i played Pirate101 and they is A great Improvement and detail on the graphics and it makes it even cooler especialy mooshu in pirate101 i would really like to see graphical updates on the older worlds you dont really get the better graphics until later in the game and i think they should try to update the older worlds graphics a bit like wizard city krockotopia etc,

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Many people replying to this are making the argument that older computers would not be able to run Wizard101 if it had a graphics update.

If Wizard101 did ever have a graphics update, it should be able to be configured in the Options menu. That way, people with old computers can still run it, and people with newer computers can change their settings to fit to quality.

There's already a lot of graphic options that can be configured, so if this update did happen, we should be able to change the option of nicer or faster ourselves as individuals.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
I've been playing wiz for a while now and unlike other mmo's and wiz still hasn't gotten a graphics update. Now i have played a lot of mmo's and each one has done a graphics update. So just in case your wondering what a graphics update does it improves the details of a game while making the character models look better.
Basically when they do an update like that it allows players to recreate how their character looks. If you have played pirate 101 then you know that the character models there are a lot more detailed and human looking
While wiz kinda has bad graphics. Now I'm not saying it has to be a total change but at least bump the graphics to pirate101's level.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Explorer
May 08, 2014
RavenLady777 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Okay, this has already been posted a bunch of times. Most answers are a resounding No. Not everyone can afford new computers/software or whatever it would take.
All I am asking is to update it to at least pirate101s graphical level and if my computer can run any computer should. no need to get so personal about it

Explorer
May 08, 2014
master of death o on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
i think there should be a graphic update in wizard101, not realistic graphics, but graphics that make
the game come more to life. its been 4 almost 5 years since wizard101 and we haven't been
given a single graphic update.

talon shadowwraith lvl 70
I agree we don't need a big update but at least update it to pirate101s level

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
So we all know how there are the basic graphic options such as quality, smoothing, shadows etc. but even on high quality and high texture detail the graphics are still a little cartoonish. So i think it would be cool if there were an option for life-like graphics. You could still use the current ones if you wanted to use them, but the option would always be available to you.

I know this would be a very big update, but i think it would be really cool to see how all the different spells would look like in real life, or just to get something close to that. Anyone agree?

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Wizard101 Please make better graphics!
In your (Battle With Malistaire Commericals) the graphics are great!
I wish the game could have the same graphics

James ShadowBlade 27

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Well said, repeated for emphasis. From what I have read in the thread, aside from one very vocal contributor, most of the answers are a resounding No. This is also not other MMO's. Don't try to "fix" what is not broken. The game is fine as it is.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I think that KI should at least update the graphics to the level of Pirate101 if I have to pay $70 for a subscription. It would be a major upgrade from the current graphics, and it would look a lot more like the commercials. I have noticed that not only that Wizard101 graphics can't hold a candle to those of Pirate101, but they look rather dated overall. I love this game and would really like a graphics upgrade. Just give the option to upgrade the graphics to Pirate101 level and everyone is happy.
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
has anyone played pirate101 for awhile then played wizard101 then realized how much better pirate101 looks can that please happen to wiz because it looks fuzzy

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
matthew skullblood on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
has anyone played pirate101 for awhile then played wizard101 then realized how much better pirate101 looks can that please happen to wiz because it looks fuzzy
Personally I prefer W101, it's all a matter of opinion. I would most likely quit if they try to make W101 into P101. It's not the same game, stop trying to compare them.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL Just updating graphics is such a touchy subject on this website.....so before I say what I have to say I please ask that you put your pitchforks and torches away...okay good now I won't get chased out of ravenwood. I personally think that a graphic update to the level of pirate101 graphics would be a good idea however simply from the amount of lag I sometimes experience in the commons I would say KI should mull it over greatly.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
i mean like graphics from pirate101 thats not really realistic