Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Take Damage to Heal spells...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2009
I'm getting fuzzy on how these spells work. Like the Death Spell that allows you to heal yourself or another, but then makes you take damage.

I'm seeing people in PvP actually kill themselves, then get a huge heal. Is this working as intended?

I've also seen a "bug" where this effect sticks around for a couple rounds and I end up having to defeat the wizard several times before they die.

Shouldn't a wizard need to have enough initial health to be able to cast this spell in the first place? The damage can already be mitigated by putting the appropriate shield on yourself. As it stands now it's literally a second life.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
Dridsuzy wrote:
I'm getting fuzzy on how these spells work. Like the Death Spell that allows you to heal yourself or another, but then makes you take damage.

I'm seeing people in PvP actually kill themselves, then get a huge heal. Is this working as intended?

I've also seen a "bug" where this effect sticks around for a couple rounds and I end up having to defeat the wizard several times before they die.

Shouldn't a wizard need to have enough initial health to be able to cast this spell in the first place? The damage can already be mitigated by putting the appropriate shield on yourself. As it stands now it's literally a second life.

every school has his good and bad death is a school mostly to help you or the people that help you in a macth like the card that you talking about and empower the cards are mostly to help your teamates and if you use a death shield and if you resist than you can get a lot of health for youself or for your teamates

Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
I don't think it is right that they can use the hurt and heal thing and if it kills them all they over time effects are gone. It really isnt fair.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
coolbule wrote:
I don't think it is right that they can use the hurt and heal thing and if it kills them all they over time effects are gone. It really isnt fair.

I think it is the same as a 1 pip sprite. If your team makes is "dead" meaning nothing left just acring very dizzy you can bring him back to life using this spell. I believe every school has this kind of ability either heal right away or over time spells.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have to agree here... I dont think it is right either. About fairness... well, I dont know.

I think its rather a question about "technicality." Should a Death wizard die from using that spell? Or should that wizard simply be healed again?

When I think of it now, I'd understand there would be extra maintenance required to change that Death spell into something that would kill a Death wizard if used with too low of a health. (As in, that wizard would be forced tor retreat, not simply be knocked out waiting for possible revival.)

So far, however, it has not really bothered me much, but for the "correctness" of it, I think it may have missed the mark as well. Hehe.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2009
Death can be powerful, but it also has a fair balance of how the spells work. You can use your life to create life bonus's for you or another. But there is a cost. not only is it more expensive than Life spells (pip cost), you have to sacrifice a substantial amount of your own health to use it.

And taken into account that Death provides almost NO shields. All offense, no defense. It is tricky to play but make no mistake that it is a fair deal. Also, this is exactly how MTG deals with death, which is where most of what W101 gets its guidance.

The best thing is to learn how to counter Death, as the death shields take away almost all of the sting that death can deliver.