Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Rank down/up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
Yesterday, I did two pvp matches. one was 1v1, which i went against a level 50 fire, who critical twice and won. i ranked down by 25. this was by far the most unfair rank down i ever had. I'm a level 40 life. He was 10 levels higher and rank down by a lot. later that day i did a 2v2 with my friend cole sun. he's a 42 fire, and we went against a double death level 58 and a legendary death. the legendary came into the match with no gear but quickly equipped all his waterworks gear. We were way lower level but we still succeeded , and only ranked up by 4. this was a hard challenge but wasn't worth it. I wasted a lot of time only to rank up by for. i dont a snapshot of my second match but of the first i do. Can anyone explain why i ranked up, and down the way i did? I'm a knight. Cole sun was commander, The death team were privates and the my fire opponent was a private.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
I'm a knight. Cole sun was commander, The death team were privates and the my fire opponent was a private.
This is the reason. The game has massive problems with rank (although i gotta admit, i usually lose to adept commanders ) because it thinks rank makes ya strong.
Key words for KI: Major PvP No-No.
(No offence KI )

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Starz wrote:
Yesterday, I did two pvp matches. one was 1v1, which i went against a level 50 fire, who critical twice and won. i ranked down by 25. this was by far the most unfair rank down i ever had. I'm a level 40 life. He was 10 levels higher and rank down by a lot. later that day i did a 2v2 with my friend cole sun. he's a 42 fire, and we went against a double death level 58 and a legendary death. the legendary came into the match with no gear but quickly equipped all his waterworks gear. We were way lower level but we still succeeded , and only ranked up by 4. this was a hard challenge but wasn't worth it. I wasted a lot of time only to rank up by for. i dont a snapshot of my second match but of the first i do. Can anyone explain why i ranked up, and down the way i did? I'm a knight. Cole sun was commander, The death team were privates and the my fire opponent was a private.
The point system awards points based on your rank. For example, if you are a commander and beat a private you will win less points. Alternatively if that private beats you you will lose more points. The level of your character does not really mean much when you factor in that ALL levels can obtain Arena Gear through the arena ticket process. When everyone has access to high damage high resist gear awarding rank points based on level is highly unfair and makes for an unbalanced arena. It has been tried and made for very uneven matches. However, that being said, I do feel that due to the extreme gaps in level there should be some critical block percentage added to arena gear.