Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mixed pets not working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
i have spent about 2 weeks getting to level 48 on my myth person. i was so happy i turned level 48 so i could now get the orthrus pet. i got him to adult and hatched. i only got another orthrus pet. i thought maybe i should do it again. so i did. and nothing again i got another orthrus pet. i did it 7 times and spent about 32000 each time, and all i got was an orthrus pet, no mixed pets. can someone please tell me why i am not getting any mixed pets. i am really upset that i spent the money for no reason :(

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Hybrid/mixed pets are only created by certain combinations of pet, such as school pets like your orthrus combining with another pet that has a chance to make a hybrid pet. That said it can take multiple hatches, my record is 32 trying to get a certain mix, to obtain a hybrid or any hybrid pet. Hatching is a gamble of sorts, similar to drops, you will get something but you may not get what you want that round, it can be one time or 50 it just varies. Good luck.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I was as happy as you to get my Orthrus pet. I have spent around 129,000 gold on mixing and have only gotten Orthruses. But on my other character, I have gotten a hybrid every time. Even if you don't get the pet you wanted, keep trying and eventually you will. Also, you might not have spent the money for no reason; that's just that much gold closer you are to getting a new pet!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
forest23 wrote:
i have spent about 2 weeks getting to level 48 on my myth person. i was so happy i turned level 48 so i could now get the orthrus pet. i got him to adult and hatched. i only got another orthrus pet. i thought maybe i should do it again. so i did. and nothing again i got another orthrus pet. i did it 7 times and spent about 32000 each time, and all i got was an orthrus pet, no mixed pets. can someone please tell me why i am not getting any mixed pets. i am really upset that i spent the money for no reason :(

you can't get a pet that your character can't use, what that means is if you put your orthrus on a non-myth character then hatch with it with a pet that your other character also can't use the result has to be a mixed pet... getting what you want from mixing pets is easy once you understand what your character can't recieve

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
seasnake wrote:
forest23 wrote:

you can't get a pet that your character can't use, what that means is if you put your orthrus on a non-myth character then hatch with it with a pet that your other character also can't use the result has to be a mixed pet... getting what you want from mixing pets is easy once you understand what your character can't recieve

well your chances might be better but there has been people to get pets of other schools even if they cant use them

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
You might not be hatching the right pets.
Some pets have to be hatched with the right pets.
For example: Helephant+Orthrus=Hybrid.
But you might not get it the first time! :D~KSB

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
lol Any wizard no matter school can get any pet in game. I have about 42 pets now all different schools. i trade my pets back and forth between my different wizards even. As fat as mixing Check: wizard101 central wiki to see combinations people have used to get Hybrids. Some 1st Gen pets do not give unique hybrids when mixed no matter what. I have mixed Orthorus and hydra and obtained Cerebus. Humongo frog and Judgement and obtained Astral judge.

Best part is really getting higher pedigree with more rare stats available so your pet is more useful during battle.

I mixed a Sprite (35) with a Astral Judge (62) and obtained a Sprite (47) with mostly rare ability slots that learned spritely where my 1st gen sprite couldn't.

Oh and when training if you want pet to learn spritely and they are able train agility up the most will give best chance.

Hope this helps,
Keep trying you'll get what you want eventually

Valkoor Hexwielder lvl 60 Balance

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
thanx everyone for the advise, i took your advise, and now i am level myth 60 . i think i am just going to use my frog to hatch.