Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair and Unnecessary.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
As bosses go waterworks and the new helephant towers are OFF THE HOOK insane. That is until you learn the score. But one of THE most talked about problems that they both share is that unlike Malistare's lair where you either have to be at that quest, reached the quest before or you can port to a friend WW and Hele Tower are in areas that are over populated with wizards who are trying to get in. There is no line or even organization.

Ok so why is this so bad. Well it makes going in almost impossible. I can go with three friends who are ready to go. But if we arent all doing a text count down to hit the "x" key. We have trouble with people who want to go in and will no except no for an answer.

No is not just some word that is mean its an answer! But lets talk about after you get in. If you get in and have the misfortune to have to flee, you can come back, but you have to come in alone or you reset the tower. This isnt cool. I was trying to get back to my friends one time, and at the last minute a mute (who waited until the count was at 3) jumped in and reset the tower. I could not go back in EVEN ALONE and reach them. My team had to start again all because someone (who could not be told not to join) insisted on joining me.

How is this fair? There are only two way i can think to correct this. On is to allow people returning to go back through an entrance only those who are playing can enter. Or make the entrance similar to pvp where you can pick your team of friends or go in "quick pick". The whole idea that you can just go there and click on it and someone else will join is flawed. It does not address the realities that most people want to choose whom they team up with. I dont care how many "legends" there are at the front if they cant fight well we will lose. But this way is so random and confusing that anyone can go at any time and see the fight break out. I dont mind helping but i need to asked first. Not just forced into a situation because someone would not let me go in without joining

This has to be looked into. I had to report this kid who cussed me out because i was typing in caps PLEASE LET ME GO IN ALONE! I NEED TO GO IN ALONE!

Who's idea was that? Its not fun and it makes the game and the area a pain. You know why we are all there. So why make it so that we are totally earier to manage? I cant help but suspect that the reports in that area alone have been noticable. Please, this is kinda a big deal. Oh and can you make more space in waterworks we have to sit on top of each other to be there and you can barely read with all the balloons.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
take you team to a low-populated realm. There, there might only be 0-5 wizards near the entrance. And they usually head your warning not to come in. I defeated it with almost no problems from rude wizards.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Sojourna wrote:
As bosses go waterworks and the new helephant towers are OFF THE HOOK insane.

NO they're not.

all the cheater towers are "incredibly hard" the first few times you go through them, and then you learn what to do and what not to do, and they become way too easy.

I can almost solo all of them now, but the first time through any of them it was a real struggle.

They're supposed to be a challenge. Instead of griping, just do the tower a few times, watch the videos others have created on how to beat them, and think before you cast stuff.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Yes, please reserve sigils for group members. Or lock out other sigils if a returning wizard stands on the sigil (other wizards only have to wait 10 secs to use again).

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Sojourna wrote:

NO they're not.

Sure they are, they are to all. And yea we all get used to the insanity and win despite it, but when you start off its off the hook insane. Oh and I love it. Make some more hard bosses less errand running. LOL

If I have to walk around the corner to get something for one more teacher (myth prof, and unforgetable experience) I will scream. you are professors in magic cant you get a minion for that?

But seriously, the whole issue had people affraid to leave the fight, and if you are fighting a boss and a friend dies just as you got them on the run you can miss your chance to kill it or have to kill it before they get back because they cant get in. They are texting you saying as much. Thats simply not fair. Too often KI relies on the honest and good citizenship of the players. These are kids and they do whatever they can get away with.

And then there are those who simply log on to mess with people. I am not sure who is whom but I am sure that self-policing (reports) dont not completely work and it is interfering with my enjoyment of the game.

Done.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Sojourna wrote:

NO they're not.

all the cheater towers are "incredibly hard" the first few times you go through them, and then you learn what to do and what not to do, and they become way too easy.

I can almost solo all of them now, but the first time through any of them it was a real struggle.

They're supposed to be a challenge. Instead of griping, just do the tower a few times, watch the videos others have created on how to beat them, and think before you cast stuff.
She said nothing about the tower being impossible to defeat, just that they are hard and fun. This post was about rude people jumping on the sigils when she wanted to go in alone. Next time, read the full post before you reply.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
if your instance it open it doesn't matter if others jump onto other sigals with you or not when trying to go back in as you are always placed back into your open instance, those that jumped in do not get into your open instance and will find that you aren't in with them either, lol

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
During the ten seconds' countdown, you can step off of the sigil AT ANY TIME.

Now, if they join at the last second, that is a problem. Otherwise, just get off of the sigil.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ooh?

What are the Helephant towers? What kind of goodies they drop? I appreciate the replies on that matter.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
During the ten seconds' countdown, you can step off of the sigil AT ANY TIME.

Now, if they join at the last second, that is a problem. Otherwise, just get off of the sigil.

We KNOW this. The problem is that other wizards are jumping in at the last second (as stated by the original poster above) or they keep jumping on the sigils each time we jump back on to go in (over and over). You can't change realms to get away from them, because that will reset the dungeon and you can't wait them out, because the dungeon resets after a set time.

There's no reason to not allow four group members to go in together if the group members are standing outside a dungeon together. However, in the present state, ANYONE can jump into the group's sigils during the 10 sec countdown with the right timing (possibly leaving a group member behind or constantly jumping back and forth trying to get all four members on the sigil). This method takes too long and is completely unnecessary.