Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice is too over powering!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
shrukain wrote:
Are you kidding me?! Whatever school you are, you most likely have mutate spells as well. Is it fair to let the other schools use those and not ice?! And when I made my ice character, I constantly needed help, and my STORM character soloed almost all of everything!! Don't pick on ice! And don't fire people mutate phoenixes to storm phoenix?

Diana BlurThorn, level 60 ICE wizard

first of all watch your ATTITUDE with me!!!!!! also fire creatures do have mutate spells for some reason, anyway i'm not talking about ice wizards using mutates because you can't really do that, i mean ice CREATURES using mutates! if ice wizards in general need more power then i don't care what they use for there spells, if ice wizards want to use storm give it more power, well i don't care. i'm just talking about ice creatures in celestia and wintertusk. GEEZ read the post instead making me REPEAT everything i said in early posts.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
superluther wrote:
I think most people that posted on here has missed the point of the OP. They are not saying the Ice School is overpowered. They are not talking about Ice in PvP. They are talking about Ice enemies in PvE.

I would say yes, KI went a little overboard on them. I can understand them wanting to make ice have stronger attacks for the challenge, but what they did was give them STORM style attacks along with ICE health and ICE shielding. All three combined is a little too much. The could lessen the amounts of mutates, tower shield spamming, or health, and still have a challenge there.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

thats what i'm saying thank you for understanding :D

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
seasnake wrote:
lol... obviously you aren't aware that once ice mutates their resistances vanish making them very vulnerable to attack... being able to mutate as a low to mid level player may give huge advantages but mutating as a high level player simply makes me think the person hasn't a clue how to play, lol

I believe you are referring to polymorphs. The OP is referring to mutate spells such as ice kraken and icezilla that the Celestian ice monsters tend to use.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
superluther wrote:
I think most people that posted on here has missed the point of the OP. They are not saying the Ice School is overpowered. They are not talking about Ice in PvP. They are talking about Ice enemies in PvE.

I would say yes, KI went a little overboard on them. I can understand them wanting to make ice have stronger attacks for the challenge, but what they did was give them STORM style attacks along with ICE health and ICE shielding. All three combined is a little too much. The could lessen the amounts of mutates, tower shield spamming, or health, and still have a challenge there.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

They did indeed make the Celestian Ice mobs very powerful (particularly since iceblade is 40% to storm's 30% and ice trap is 30% to storm's 25%). On the bright side, the mobs do cast ice wyvern and ice colossus a lot more frequently than they used to. When I first played in Test and for a while after live, it was always storm mutate spells and more stun spells than you could shake a stick at. I do agree that they didn't have to make them quite so hard... however, it does tend to force players to really up their strategy quite a bit and it has certainly instilled a new found respect for ice in the masses that wasn't there pre-Celestia. :)

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Hello fellow posters, i'd like to take a moment to stress the importance of reading the original post of a topic before replying. At least 98% of the replies on here have nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. This isn't about ice wizards, it's about ice monsters in wintertusk and, actually moreso in celestia. I think only myself, superluther, and like one other poster got this point. Avhop, it's my opinion that some people owe you an apology, really, but i doubt you'll receive one. Don't be discouraged, some of us still read what we're replying to before replying. -etherchaos

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
to me ice is easy except in pvp all you need is minotaur or orthrus spell

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
etherchaos wrote:
Hello fellow posters, i'd like to take a moment to stress the importance of reading the original post of a topic before replying. At least 98% of the replies on here have nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. This isn't about ice wizards, it's about ice monsters in wintertusk and, actually moreso in celestia. I think only myself, superluther, and like one other poster got this point. Avhop, it's my opinion that some people owe you an apology, really, but i doubt you'll receive one. Don't be discouraged, some of us still read what we're replying to before replying. -etherchaos

thank you for your kindness and understanding, it gets really annoying when i have to repeat everything i said in early posts over and over again.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
etherchaos wrote:

Either way he didn't specify at all, until after all this had happened, and then points the finger at us for not being able to read his mind or something lol. Now either way he and I'm guessing everyone that says he is talking about only CPUs doesn't understand that they will affect players either way, recently the ice minion was given ice mutate spells, and it isn't fair to ice students that he would try to change our new revised minion just because he doesn't like that Ice CPUs just like all other CPUs before them are using transmutes, so Please everyone that is saying this please examine more how something could affect the players even if it isn't necessarily directed towards them because indirectly it will still effect us.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:

Either way he didn't specify at all, until after all this had happened, and then points the finger at us for not being able to read his mind or something lol. Now either way he and I'm guessing everyone that says he is talking about only CPUs doesn't understand that they will affect players either way, recently the ice minion was given ice mutate spells, and it isn't fair to ice students that he would try to change our new revised minion just because he doesn't like that Ice CPUs just like all other CPUs before them are using transmutes, so Please everyone that is saying this please examine more how something could affect the players even if it isn't necessarily directed towards them because indirectly it will still effect us.

what i said in the orginal post was what i was complaining about, not that garbage that 98% percent of the people posted and only a few people that have a brain and understood the post without fighting with me about it. everyone please don't listen to this guy! he doesn't know nothing that i'm talking about. and if kingisle changed problem it would effect ICE CREATURES NOT ICE WIZARDS.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:

oh i forgot in my other reply that minions can have their mutate spells, ok
plus this isn't me complaining about minions it's about ice creatures being to powerful with icezilla and ice kraken which are storm mutates which is way too powerful. so stop argueing with me!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
Either way he didn't specify at all, until after all this had happened, and then points the finger at us for not being able to read his mind or something lol. Now either way he and I'm guessing everyone that says he is talking about only CPUs doesn't understand that they will affect players either way, recently the ice minion was given ice mutate spells, and it isn't fair to ice
The OP neither mentioned, nor implied, anything about minions. I believe what happened was people read the subject title and jumped to an immediate conclusion that this post was regarding something that it was not, and instead of really trying to understand what the OP was saying, they replied to what they Thought the OP was Going to say. -etherchaos

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
Either way he didn't specify at all, until after all this had happened, and then points the finger at us for not being able to read his mind or something lol. Now either way he and I'm guessing everyone that says he is talking about only CPUs doesn't understand that they will affect players either way, recently the ice minion was given ice mutate spells, and it isn't fair to ice
The OP neither mentioned, nor implied, anything about minions. I believe what happened was people read the subject title and jumped to an immediate conclusion that this post was regarding something that it was not, and instead of really trying to understand what the OP was saying, they replied to what they Thought the OP was Going to say. -etherchaos

I think this is just a case where the OP didn't really specify what was wrong. He didn't even really say CPUs until after the original post. Either way the Ice CPUs are easy to beat, you just need to prepare yourself is all. I have learned that really all you need is good a stun on them or just any well bladed and readied attack.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:

I think this is just a case where the OP didn't really specify what was wrong. He didn't even really say CPUs until after the original post. Either way the Ice CPUs are easy to beat, you just need to prepare yourself is all. I have learned that really all you need is good a stun on them or just any well bladed and readied attack.

did i ever say anything about ice wizards in general? well the answer is NO!
i said when you get to celestia and wintertusk ice gets to over powering, so how does that make sense for you to be saying that didn't specify about it being ice creatures not ice wizards because you don't fight wizards obsiviously lol. also ice creatures are not easy as i explained in the OP. GEEZ read the post again until you get what i'm talking about which shouldn't be to hard to understand. at least etherchaos and some other people actually know what i'm talking about without argueing with me and stressing me out.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:
lol... obviously you aren't aware that once ice mutates their resistances vanish making them very vulnerable to attack... being able to mutate as a low to mid level player may give huge advantages but mutating as a high level player simply makes me think the person hasn't a clue how to play, lol

I believe you are referring to polymorphs. The OP is referring to mutate spells such as ice kraken and icezilla that the Celestian ice monsters tend to use.

ya i'm not refering to polymorphs, thank you for telling what i mean

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I agree. The Ice mobs in Celestia are severely overdone.

Icezilla, Ice Kraken, Ice Shark, etc... These spells are not only as strong as Storm spells, they can be boosted higher.

Storm = 30% Ice = 40%

10% is a big difference.

Even though I've already defeated Celestia, it still annoys me to death how those Waverunners back in the Grotto could use an Iceblade >> Icezilla combo on the first turn.

It's not unfair as much so to other Ice wizards, or any other school as much as it is to Storm. To get smacked in the face by a varient of your own spell on the first turn? A varient that you cannot defend against when you start Celestia? Does that seem fair? Not to me it doesn't.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
Ice wizards think it is underpowering... for us... and we need more power! I have died 38 times in the past week...with friends!

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
AgentDeclan wrote:
Ice wizards think it is underpowering... for us... and we need more power! I have died 38 times in the past week...with friends!

how many times do i have to say this?!! i'm not talking ice wizards i'm talking about ice creatures in celestia and wintertusk. everyone( excluding a few people) think that i'm talking about ice wizards being too powerful, but thats not the case! and for the THOUSANDETH time i'm not talking about ice wizards in pvp or ice wizards in general, i'm talking about ice creatures using mutates from the storm school to give it more power then it needs.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
avhop, thorvon is from the pvp forum, over there complaints are common and many don't have a good reason behind them. So don't blame him for misunderstanding you, its what he's used to and since you never specifically said pve, that's what he assumed.

-Solstice64

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
avhop567 wrote:
ICEisBROKENXD wrote:
avhop567 wrote:
dragonpower333 wrote:

forgive me for this comment..........

AWWW Is Someone Getting there butt kicked....

i get by just fine the way things are they can't make the game so easy that you finish it in a day...Keep chugging along you'll get the key to beating them...
Good Luck in your adventures....

if ice didn't have mutates from the storm school to give it more power, it would be easier to do. my point is that the ice school should only use spells from their school, not using storm school mutates to give them more power.

We use these because some of our attacks are fairly LOW. And every wizard has a right to choose what cards they want, and don't want. Ice is fine how it is. :/

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Ice

ice wizards don't get to use mutates for there spells only creatures use mutates.

first of all, it's their spells. There is a place. It's not just a spelling error, it's a difference of meaning.

Second, ice characters can indeed mutate using treasure cards bought at the bazaar. Mutate Ice Beetle is one such.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
avhop567 wrote:
hello, i just wanted to say that when you get to celestia and wintertusk, ice becomes too over powering! the reason ice is over powering is because they use mutate spells from the storm school which gives them more power which isn't fair at all, like really ice should have moderate damage not using mutates from the storm school to give them more damage then they should have. then when they do all that damage you have too heal and can't attack much. some spells that are mutates from the storm school are ice shark, ice kraken, and icezilla. kingsisle should really change this so ice can't use mutates of storm spells.

I don't think they are overpowering. Ice's tactic is for extreme health and shielding but agonizingly low attack power. Even if Ice wizards use Storm mutates to razor-polish their spells, the only possible existing mutation spells are for evil snowman and ice wyvern. By the time Ice gets high enough level to hit a power point they will long ago had thrown out the cheap spells in their decks.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Ice is to overpowered? Storm hits to hard! Life heals! Myth gets minions! Fire attacks you over time! Death take your health! Balance has Judgement!

I could say the same thing about any school. I am Ice, I can say all schools are over powered.

If you are getting your butt kicked, may I suggest wizard101 central?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Ice is to overpowered? Storm hits to hard! Life heals! Myth gets minions! Fire attacks you over time! Death take your health! Balance has Judgement!

I could say the same thing about any school. I am Ice, I can say all schools are over powered.

Read the OP, dude. -_-

This thread is not about the schools. It's about the mobs.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
SantaIceBurg wrote:

no argument there :-)

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Superwiz1560 wrote:
SantaIceBurg wrote:

Read the OP, dude. -_-

This thread is not about the schools. It's about the mobs.

thats what alot of people aren't doing.