Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-26-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! I know I say the week has flown by a lot, but if they often fly, this one SOARED. I can't believe it's Feedback Friday time already!!!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's chat about housing this week, specifically, types of items. If you could wave your magic wand and add more of one type of item, what would it be? Vote on the poll, and leave any specific comments below.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Results

Which type of housing items would you like to see more of?
Wall Hangings 3%
Plant Life 6%
Wallpaper & Tile 9%
Outdoor 6%
Furniture 23%
Decoration 12%
Trophies 40%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I would like any type as long as most of them are gold but i voted for funiture.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello Wizards! I know I say the week has flown by a lot, but if they often fly, this one SOARED. I can't believe it's Feedback Friday time already!!!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more

Let's chat about housing this week, specifically, types of items. If you could wave your magic wand and add more of one type of item, what would it be? Vote on the poll, and leave any specific comments below.

I would love to see some of the following

1] a bronze statue of a dragon a triton and a ice titan

2] to be able to add windows that match other windows from other houses

3] have more midevil stuff for the massive fantasy castle like a stone tower that matches those included in the house or a kings throne

4] maybe things with cool special effects like a bed glowing red

5]Being able to change lighting with wallpaper

6]Being able to buy people like statues that just stand there like being able to buy a wizard city guard for your house or a samoori something like that

7] more wall thing like huge a tapestry depicting a the blue comic wizard beating malistaire THAT would be awesome thanks for reading and sorry for spelling

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i would like furniture but also would like usage animation to accompany the furniture.
like sit in chair lay on bed or read the book and turn a page.

or make it so we eat food too. this would be awesome.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

well professor i'd say make more class themed items

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
well this isn't on the list but i would like to see more housing items like the new chicken coop and the aquarium. i like these kinds of housing items where there are pets/animals from the real world :D

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
I voted trophies, but what I'd really like to see is more interactive items. Right now we have the arcade machines (for crowns), crafting stations, portals, and gardening. That's all good but I'd like to see more group-oriented activities you can do you in your home.

Some suggestions:

* Jukebox (my life house has no music at all and it drives me nuts)
* Craftable dueling ring for houses that don't have one (with ability to spectate battles if you want)
* Multiplayer minigames
* Monster cages that you can use to set up regular PvE fights in your dueling ring (no xp/loot of course)
* Be able to ride the carousel :D
* Link different people's homes with portals (with friend/permission, of course)
etc

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Trophies!!!

The only one I have and know of is the spiral cup and it won't even go on a pedestal!

But it looks awesome :-D

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I would like more big long rugs. Specially one made the sultans palace at the front door entering the palace. It should be customizable (as in able to color different colors). And I would like to see more flooring and wall (just regular carpet) that you can also color any color you want.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Professor, I think we all wanna see interactive furniture :D . Even though it's not on the poll, I would really love it if you made this! Anyone agree?

Community Leader
I voted furniture. We got some beautiful floors and tiles in the new packs. Thank you KingsIsle so much. I would really love some new pieces of furniture; new style of chairs , sofas , beds and tables. Okay yes I would love some new trophies and of course outside furniture too. The furniture kind though not just plant life.

Awesome Feedback Friday.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I would love to see the furniture from Crab Alley and Wysteria be available for purchase in the housing stores/bazaar. No crowns... gold, like all the other 'regular' furniture. It's time to get rid of the red furniture and the 'worn' blue stuff and get some real furniture here! :)

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
I specifically would like some more statues & bobbleheads. The bobblehead cyclops is so awesome. I'd like to have efreet, gobbler, and maybe a storm lord & Frost Giant, triton, scarecrow (would actually be a scarecrow though), medusa, forest lord, and maybe even a judgement. For bobbleheads I'd like a gobbler, a fire elf, a hydra, a stormzilla, a skeletal pirate, and an imp.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

maybe a cage that lets ya fight any boss or enemy ya want

when ya use it it will have ya pick a enemy to fight

also maybe sell statues of the teachers

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I'm still waiting for a giant waterslide in and around my house. But I would be even more satisfied if you made an entire world based around waterslides. Or if you can't just whip out an entire new world just for me, maybe a house that is based on waterslides.

Other than that, I would vote for more variety in flooring and wallpaper. I know you just added a bunch, and I thank you for it. Hey, how about waterslide wallpaper?

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
I would like to be able to buy a person like the golems walk around celestia
or the samoorai who walk around in mooshu it would be cool to be able to
put one of those in your house

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Definitely something I would like to contribute here.

I saw someone actually suggest it, and I want to support that.

A jukebox. There is already furniture and decoration that can make sound effects. But, something that could add a BGM.

The jukebox would have all the worlds and their respective areas' soundtracks available to select. That BGM will play until you exit the area, log out, or turn it off.

I would absolutely love the Hrundle Fjord BGM to play while my wizard is in his house.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I voted for Trophies, because I had the idea that we could win a trophy for a number of wins in a PvP match and/or we could win a trophy for defeating a certain boss or completing a world, sort of like badges! I would LOVE to have a trophy room!

And fellow wizards, I believe the reason why Wizard101 doesn't have interactive furniture is because some people who have their virtual boyfriend/girlfriend will take advantage of the fact that they can lay on a bed. I believe the solution to this is to have a maximum of one person in chairs, beds, etc. and have multiple people sit in tables with chairs.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
"Adding one more type of item", eh? Actually, I think that just about everything's covered by the current types.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I would love to have a in game character(s) as a housing item. For example, I would love to have a bulldog police man from Marleybone to just be standing in my house(or even walking!) Thank you for your time. :D

Administrator
Thanks for the ideas folks. Interactable furniture is something we've discussed internally, it just sounds a lot simpler than it is to actually get working in the Spiral (though, it's definitely still on the "hopefully someday" list!).

A new FF shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea