Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Perfect Judgement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Dear Adept Fire Wizards,

Every Fire Wizard above level 28 who does PvP has heard of the spell Judgement. Judgement is a very powerful balance spell that does 100 damage per pip in one big attack. If you get three power pips, four regular pips, balance blade, hex, and feint, then Judgement, it is instantaneous death. When you do the math you get about 2800 points of damage. Even with tower or weakness, it is still instantaneous death. Now every school has a defense against this. Ice has tower and ice armor. Storm has high attack cards. Myth has stuns. Life has armor and high health. Death has fast acting pirate that is almost as good as Judgement. Balance has weakness plus Judgement. Fire has a defense too, but no one knows how to use it. Here it is.

What you can do as a fire wizard is delete the buffs. When a balance casts balance blade, use steal charm. When a balance casts hex or feint, use immolate. Without buffs, that same Judgement does about 1000 damage, but when you steal the blades and immolate, you force them to heal, delaying the Judgement. You can then buff up during this delay and take them out in one big shot.

Please tell me all of you experiences where this has worked, or when it hasn't and why. I would like to know so that we can learn their weaknesses.

Sincerely,

Hunter ThunderDust Level 47 Fire

Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
njboy9 wrote:
Dear Adept Fire Wizards,

Every Fire Wizard above level 28 who does PvP has heard of the spell Judgement. Judgement is a very powerful balance spell that does 100 damage per pip in one big attack. If you get three power pips, four regular pips, balance blade, hex, and feint, then Judgement, it is instantaneous death. When you do the math you get about 2800 points of damage. Even with tower or weakness, it is still instantaneous death. Now every school has a defense against this. Ice has tower and ice armor. Storm has high attack cards. Myth has stuns. Life has armor and high health. Death has fast acting pirate that is almost as good as Judgement. Balance has weakness plus Judgement. Fire has a defense too, but no one knows how to use it. Here it is.

What you can do as a fire wizard is delete the buffs. When a balance casts balance blade, use steal charm. When a balance casts hex or feint, use immolate. Without buffs, that same Judgement does about 1000 damage, but when you steal the blades and immolate, you force them to heal, delaying the Judgement. You can then buff up during this delay and take them out in one big shot.

Please tell me all of you experiences where this has worked, or when it hasn't and why. I would like to know so that we can learn their weaknesses.

Sincerely,

You are soo right. Everytime i fight against balance i steal their blades but i did think of immolate but before that you should Fire Shield yourself so it does minimum damage, since if you immolate and they could use Feint and Hex immolate will do double damage and more if you have fire blades, or used wyldfire. it could do about 1300 damage immolate to you, then with judgement with at least one blade will do about more than 1200 since they always save pips for it. They can kill you without a blade, they may even have a boos, so fire shield before immolate.

This is what you should do with your training point:
* First thing train on ice to get tower shield.
* Second thing train balance until weakness.
* Third thing train death until you get faint/ or get the spell that will dispell next incoming Life spell. So when they try to heal it will use up their pips and still fizzle.

After you follow all my tips you can fight a balance person with no problem at all, no matter their level, you will always win. When they have one blade and one hex on you use weakness. they will try to ignore it and use feint or use more blades. After they have a lot of pips and they use feint on you, use tower shield. If you got first turn and you shield, their judgement will be very weak and will not kill you. you have enough time to attack or heal since they have no pips and you are full of them, since shields and weakness dont use pips. You will be guaranteed to win every fight against balance as long as they use judgement. And they always use it so you will always win. These tips work the best on fire character and second on storm. Since fire can get rid of shields quickly with a fire elf or power link, i always equip those and plenty of blades. Good luck with your battles. XD

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I think most balance wizards only chose that school only for the supreme power of the Judgement spell. :x

That makes me sick, I hope young wizards have better choices in the future.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Hello, I'm a Balance student and a frequent Judgement user. Fire does the second highest attack in the game. Couldn't you just take them out before we aqquire high pips? I mean really. That and if I were fighting a Fire student, I would just boost up my Ice Wyvern. Most people just do Ice to Tower Shield, but I'm taking it as a full Secondary. The reason I like Judgement is not for PvP, but storyline battles. It's a good finisher, and a good main attack, and it can take out the minion. 3 functions in one spell. If you're going to take on a school, don't just do it for one spell, do it for the schools power to add on to your own.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
For a balance adept. I myself being one. we do not get many tools that arent easily stopped. people will say use spectral blast, but almost everyone has the shields from at least 1 elemental school. that cuts spectral blasts effectiveness greatly. so, people like me, rely on pure balance attacks. ie sandstorm locust and judge. or in my case alone, i only use judge then sandstorms for minions. i usually play very defensive and then judge when i know i have a good chance. my minion does most of it for me

Survivor
May 09, 2011
njboy9 wrote:
Dear Adept Fire Wizards,

Sincerely,

Dear All,

I'm Valkoor Earthhammer, a lvl 60 balance commander. If i may suggest, i've been battling balance wizards as well which uses judgement as their finisher.

Always bring treasure tower shields (-55%), now when to cast it? Obviously, if you know you are fighting a balance, he or she will use judgement at full pips. so when you see the opponent building up pips, he/she is preparing to cast judge.

Use feints to your advantage. once the opponent casts feint, use the trap on your opponent to your advantage. Hit them as much as possible, this would lessen their health and worry about healing, delaying the judgement cast. It is good if you also train for tower shields then add it up with treasure tower shields.

And remember, that if in case the judgement failed to one hit you, the opponent is left with no pips. that is the time you do most of the attacking, so use your pips wisely.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Mattz5973 wrote:
I think most balance wizards only chose that school only for the supreme power of the Judgement spell. :x

Oh please get over yourself and your school. People choose fire for the DoT spells, people choose myth for the minions. My first wizard was balance and I took the quiz to get to it. I did not know about judgement until I got it. If fire is so darn powerful then just kill us before we build up the pips that require seven turns to do any memorable damage. And what kind of wizard are you, you don't know a pip buildup when you see it?

Sorry, that was harsh. But really, don't badmouth balance.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

Survivor
May 30, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:
Mattz5973 wrote:

Oh please get over yourself and your school. People choose fire for the DoT spells, people choose myth for the minions. My first wizard was balance and I took the quiz to get to it. I did not know about judgement until I got it. If fire is so darn powerful then just kill us before we build up the pips that require seven turns to do any memorable damage. And what kind of wizard are you, you don't know a pip buildup when you see it?

Sorry, that was harsh. But really, don't badmouth balance.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

I am NOT Badmouthing Balance . Get your facts straight. I am stating that some people ONLY Choose it for Judgement. Did I Say ALL Wizards do that? No. Get your facts before accusing someone of badmouthing something.

"You don't see a Pip Buildup when you see it?"

That's pretty obvious.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Mattz5973 wrote:

We also could have, you know, chosen it because it sounded interesting or because that's what the quiz gave us. I'll thank you not to make such accusations in the future, if you would.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
On the rare occasion that a Balance student gets all powerpips, then they do 1400 base damage. I think a Fire student is more than capable of defeating a Balance student in 7 rounds.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
Mattz5973 wrote:

We also could have, you know, chosen it because it sounded interesting or because that's what the quiz gave us. I'll thank you not to make such accusations in the future, if you would.

She said MOST, not ALL. I just chose it because that's what the quiz gave me.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Be a legendary fire. Do ranked pvp. Go up against a balance. Changed Story.

As a side note, Balance is fffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr over looked by 1 spell. Judgement. We are a mix of all schools... each school serves a purpose. So what makes fire mainly known for what? Quite judging schools ( Pun. lol ) by what spells they use

Blake D. - lvl 60 Balance
Wolf R. - lvl 60 Death
and 4 others...