Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dear KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Is it against the code of conduct in the game to spam asking for hand outs?
If not, it should be. It truly takes away from the game world charm when
you pass through the commons
( which you do 100,000,000 times in the course of leveling to level 60 :)
and you are forced to hear from the same character 6-8 times in a row them
begging for a free gift. It's even worse when they start sending them directly to you in private chat. I know you can ignore them but still it is
truly annoying.

Where does KI stand on this issue, I have searched the boards and I do not
see a direct answer from you.

Please and thank you very kindly.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
They've answered this indirectly many times, although indirectly. The bottom line is this: If it isn't forbidden in the rules, it's cool.

The problem with disciplining begging is that it treads a line that can be redrawn by the abusers. If begging is made illegal, the beggars would just resort to: "Gee it would be nice if I had a (insert your favorite Crowns Item) gifted to me," or "I sure wish I had a (items), maybe somebody is feeling generous today," etc. Where is the line drawn?

You're not forced to listen to more than one of them, nor do I bother to. As soon as I see "would somebody gift me....", I put that person on ignore, because I know that I'll never see anything of interest from that person. Once a week, I clear my ignore list.

Scamming is another matter. That's also not against the rules, although it should be. I imagine that KingsIsle doesn't want to deal with the rash of complaints they'd get if that were added.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I try to annoy the rude little trolls when they beg me for gifts. A favorite response of mine is " How about I gift you some manners so you will stop begging and annoying people?" Another favorite is " Do everyone a favor and delete your account." Responses like these usually quiet them. If not, I also use the mute button liberally. Hope this helps. :D

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
They should Be able to take away the ability to accept Any gifts not sent to them by kingsisle as a punishment. it makes it so if they do scam someone into sending them a gift it will still do them absolutley no good if they cant accept it.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Stelk wrote:
Is it against the code of conduct in the game to spam asking for hand outs?
If not, it should be. It truly takes away from the game world charm when
you pass through the commons
( which you do 100,000,000 times in the course of leveling to level 60 :)
and you are forced to hear from the same character 6-8 times in a row them
begging for a free gift. It's even worse when they start sending them directly to you in private chat. I know you can ignore them but still it is
truly annoying.

Where does KI stand on this issue, I have searched the boards and I do not
see a direct answer from you.

Please and thank you very kindly.

As I know, and have read, code of conduct and understand it is not forbidden, I still think it should be. I get friend requests from level 50's and I say yes to help them but all I hear is, 'Will you gift me?' and I delete them and walk away.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
One of my favorite replies is "I'm not a crowns player". That way, they know that even if you wanted to gift them, you couldn't.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)