Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting for nothing.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 09, 2008
Today I was having a pet show with my friends in the Life tower and we all got reported for nothing by some brandon kid. I didn't catch his last name but it was very annoying. Can anyone tell me if I will lose my chat or just monitered for a while. thanks :)

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
If he did it for nothing he is going to get the boot and probably not going to be able to use his chat stuff, they check the chat logs, don't worry

michael lotusblade

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
They'll check the logs. As long as you didn't say anything bad then you won't have a problem.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Don't worry they check the chat.
I am glad i am not the Brandon, cause all of my wizards are named Brandon. What a disgrace to the brandon club!

Brandon Ravenshield

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
I dont even understand what happened to me yesterday.
I log on today and BOOM I'm Muted. Like The scary thing is that How can I possibly get muted? I was In Mooshu all day long doing quests and there are no people in Mooshu. And Besides all that It's very odd how you can be muted in game where you can't say anything without spelling anything right.

Anyways I wrote to them already, I think it might be some sort of bug, But I don't see how it's possible. Hope they understand because being muted really doesn't pull me back into playing :(

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Um guys I got reported Once and it didnt do nothing i got reported another time and it didnt do nothing but Demon, you got nothing to worry about the check the caht logs. OH AND I GOT REPORTED FOR NOTHING TOO!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Withdemon wrote:
I dont even understand what happened to me yesterday.
I log on today and BOOM I'm Muted. Like The scary thing is that How can I possibly get muted? I was In Mooshu all day long doing quests and there are no people in Mooshu. And Besides all that It's very odd how you can be muted in game where you can't say anything without spelling anything right.

Anyways I wrote to them already, I think it might be some sort of bug, But I don't see how it's possible. Hope they understand because being muted really doesn't pull me back into playing :(

The same happened to me. I didn't do anything, and I was muted! And the annoying thing is that the "You have been muted for ___ hours" kept coming up every minute. It was frustrating for me and my sister, who have been playing this game for a long time, it almost made me want to stop playing for a while. It was very frustrating.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
i am so sad ..................my guy got reported my being at a party and not just muted i cant talk and i cant hear what is going on can someone please tell me when it will be over?

Administrator
If you were truly reported for nothing then you have nothing to worry about.

If you feel you were muted for truly no reason, you can appeal by going to Wizard101.com, logging in to the website and contacting Mr Lincoln through the Help & Support tab.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I contacted them and they said no action would be taken and i still lost my text chat i think i will not login until i get an e mail saying they gave me my text chat because i couldn't even tell my friends what happened so i don't want to do that.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
ya i got reported beacuse i won this duel and he lost badly and i said you lost so badly and i also said to easy and they guy reported me. what a sore loser

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
If you get reported and you weren't breaking any rules, wait to see if you get in trouble -- you probably won't. If you do get muted, or contacted by KI, and you are sure you weren't breaking a rule, then contact Mr. Lincoln and ask that they re-check the chat logs and either remove the report or tell you specifically what rule you broke and when, so you will know not to do it again. I once asked them to re-check the chat logs when I had made a true report and they thought it was false. They did so within a day, apologized for the mistake, and took the "false reporting" warning off my account. :-)

Nobody likes poor sportsmanship, but there isn't really a rule against it. The reporting button is not for poor sportsmanship; it is for bad language or asking for account info or other things that break the rules of the game. So yes Zargof, your opponent made a mistake in reporting you, because that's not what the report button is for.

I always say "good game" or "thx for the match," whether I win OR lose. I would hate it if someone told me I didn't fight well, or lost by a lot, or was too easy to beat. So I never tell other people that. A sore loser is someone who is rude about losing even though the winner is polite. When the winner says mean things and the loser objects to being treated mean, that doesn't mean they are a sore loser. Just my opinion.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
during the duel the guy taunted me first and thats why i taunted him back he told me to bring it and i said ok it is on now and he cursed at me first calling me a bad name so thats why i taunted him back and said you lost so badly and that it was to easy. and as i said again what a sore loser

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
ccffcg123 wrote:
Today I was having a pet show with my friends in the Life tower and we all got reported for nothing by some brandon kid. I didn't catch his last name but it was very annoying. Can anyone tell me if I will lose my chat or just monitered for a while. thanks :)

I was there too! It's a good thing I can't text :D besides I already got reported :(

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I truly don't think that when people get reported its for "nothing".
As per example, the other night I was on Unicorn Way, and witnessed a girl
talking very vulgar language, and I reported her for it! She then exclaimed,
" I GOT REPORTED FOR NOTHING!" Excuse me, but if I see inappropriate
language and vulgar swearing, I will report it, and when I report, it isn't because someone was doing the right things! There is a warning that also
pops up on the report box, that those reporting for nothing, will also be
suspended or banned. I'm not about to risk my privaledge of playing when
i've paid for it! :x

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I have been falsely reported many times, and luckily nothing happened. Most of the time it is because I didn't accept someone to be my friend or I politely told someone to "Please stop bothering me." I even remember once when I didn't have text chat a long time ago this one Novice got angry at me. This was the old arena, when you are not matched up by any kind of level, so I easily defeated him. Pretty soon, while dueling his partners, he came back and began saying "That wasn't nice" over and over. It was so annoying, and I couldn't even ignore him because I was in battle. As soon as I won and defeated the other team, he reported me.

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
If you get reported for "nothing" then nothing will happen to YOU, however
the one doing the false reporting will be in trouble for it.

Adults that report bad vulgar language are not the ones in trouble and reporting for "NOTHING".

KI reviews all reported Chats to see where the rule was broken, so if you didn't do anything wrong, then you won't have anything to worry about.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
To those who were reported for (quote) nothing at all (un quote) then dont worry. I myself was reported for nothing. I didnt get in trouble cause i didnt say anything. The same thing happened to my friend who NEVER uses inappropriate language and things in that area, so dont worry. You see, people who report are either mad because they got reported or just dont like someone in the game. It's not good to do this because even if it's a joke on a friend, Well, it really scares someone ( I was freaked out when i got reported for nothing) so dont do it. Oh and KI entertainment, people still get past the chat log's no inappropriate thing. One person insulted me in pvp. I dont remember his name sorry . - Fred Angleblade Master life wizard.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
i got reported before and i was really sure i hadn't done anything at all!! i just won in the arena against some new guy! he reported me because i won! what kind of rubbish is that? luckily i didnt get suspended nor muted

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008
WillowDawn wrote:
I truly don't think that when people get reported its for "nothing".
As per example, the other night I was on Unicorn Way, and witnessed a girl
talking very vulgar language, and I reported her for it! She then exclaimed,
" I GOT REPORTED FOR NOTHING!" Excuse me, but if I see inappropriate
language and vulgar swearing, I will report it, and when I report, it isn't because someone was doing the right things! There is a warning that also
pops up on the report box, that those reporting for nothing, will also be
suspended or banned. I'm not about to risk my privaledge of playing when
i've paid for it! :x

I understand your point and I have been there but in a fight with my other friends. and the person used a way to cuss at us,there was a warning by myself along with my other two friends to stop or we will report.

BUT I have been reported because I refused a friendship request many months ago in WC, so I just don't go there if I don't have to.And now just the other day in DS a 15 lvl wizard had reported my friend who also refused a friendship request so YES people do get reported for saying nothing or doing nothing.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
Totally feel your pain. Someone wanted me to stop talking to she said to me "Shut Up *wizard's name*" Then, after we finished with the fight with jade oni she reported me.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2009
Ya know i got reported for nothing to. I think they might of had a mistake because i said i would have, "but" i can't. I couldn't use a comma for some reason! :(

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I just got reported and litterally for nothing .
Here is the exact detail of what happend.

1. I won the match, communicated some.
2. tried to be friend with him (add) twice.
3. got reported for it.

False reports are supposed to be a offense that bans someone?

But at a minimum...if banning him isnt a option.. it would be nice to at least know his character name so that i can put him on ignore.
It went so fast I didnt have time to write it down.

Note Im lvl 29 and he is lvl 15
Obviously the reason I was going to be friend was to help.

per this and other stuff I wont be bothering with 'friend reuqests' unless they are in my range and also even on the same world.

Ie; Im done with kroktopia (I believe) so I wont be helping on dungoen stuff there.. especially since some of it resets.

Ie; I helped one friend and I ended up redoing a quest that i had just finished earlier that day.

Fortunatley in the re-do it was qucik because I had all the answers,etc. right.