Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

violins:why need crafted wraith cards?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
ok - i swallowed the fact that i couldnt make triton or frostbite cards so i could craft the wt robes and hats, solved the problem by winnning whole set of the equipment in the waterworks

BUT now i have a problem- WHY does the gh violin recipe require a crafted card ONLY death can make- I didnt realize this till i spent 80 thousand gold (30k for recipe, rest for the rest of the reagents i needed), i went to buy the card and you cant! and only death can make them!
I have 5 grand master artisans but none are death!

I warn people now- check the dang cards needed for a recipe BEFORE buying, looks like not only robes/hats/boots are affected!

keira of many legends and a very disappointed myth who make the cl house and wanted the violins for the music area

:( :( :( :( :(

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
There are plants that will drop the wraith card as well, just as with triton and frostbite. While not necessarily easy, KI has been mostly good about making sure the cards needed for crafting are available even if you don't have a wizard to make them for you. The only exception to that need so far that I'm aware of is Centaur cards. I'm not aware of any plants that drop Centaur cards. So for your wraith cards, you can garden or if you are really lucky, they do turn up in the bazaar.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
kiranda wrote:
ok - i swallowed the fact that i couldnt make triton or frostbite cards so i could craft the wt robes and hats, solved the problem by winnning whole set of the equipment in the waterworks BUT now i have a problem- WHY does the gh violin recipe require a crafted card ONLY death can make- I didnt realize this till i spent 80 thousand gold (30k for recipe, rest for the rest of the reagents i needed), i went to buy the card and you cant! and only death can make them! I have 5 grand master artisans but none are death! I warn people now- check the dang cards needed for a recipe BEFORE buying, looks like not only robes/hats/boots are affected! keira of many legends and a very disappointed myth who make the cl house and wanted the violins for the music area :( :( :( :( :(
start a second account to make a death mage, or befriend a death mage. In any case, they're one of the most valuable mages to know. -keller moonblade, magus necromancer

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Yes, all that may be true but its hard to figure out what plant drops them, or what boss drops them, or how many hours standing in the bazaar waiting for one to come available to you would be considered a clinical obsession. I have limited time to play this game, AND I pay for it and some other members of my family - if I need to work for it that's fine but at least help me figure out where I can go to do that without very much trouble. This is getting ridiculous.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I got most of mine from Deadly Fly Traps. Check out this link for a list of things dropped by all the plants http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145793

Also the wiki there covers the plants pretty well, it's just not as concisely done as Savannah Windweaver's post.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
...but its hard to figure out what plant drops them, or what boss drops them, or how many hours standing in the bazaar waiting for one to come available...

I agree.

However, one way to save you some time is to look up the card on Wizard101 Central wiki. Here's a link:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Wraith

According to this wiki, you can grow it from Deadly Fly Traps, or farm Malistaire and hopefully it will drop. Deadly Fly Traps are challenging to grow, but I know that they do drop the Wraith cards sometimes.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Ask a death friend if s/he wouldnt mind crafting some wraith for you in exchange for some other cards

Champion
May 03, 2011
My Death can make a card for you if you still need one--or a few.

Tabitha Ravenheart, Level 60 Death

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
I could make some for you. I have one too many reagents.