Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Teleporters have Arrived!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Like to garden in your Marleybone house but throw parties in your Sultan's Palace? Now you can quickly hop from one of your houses to another on the same character without unequipping and reequipping the different houses! Just get a Teleporter!

Teleporters will be available to purchase with Crowns or players can Craft them.

Teleporters can either be purchased in the Crown Shop for Crowns, or players can Craft them.
  • Teleporters have an entrance and an exit. When you first place a Teleporter through your Decorating Panel, you are marking its exit, then you will be prompted to place the Teleporter down so it can become the entrance.
  • You can place the entrance and exit in the same home.
  • You can also place the the exit in one home, and the Teleporter in another home, but that character must own both homes, because to do this, you must place the exit, unequip the current house, equip the other house and recall to it to place the Teleporter.
  • You cannot place the exit or the Teleporter in someone else's home.
  • You cannot place the exit or the Teleporter in an area that is not a house or dorm owned by your character.
  • When you remove the Teleporter in the Shared Bank, it clears the destination.

So let's see what kind of fun you can have with Teleporters. Make mazes and puzzles for your friends! Host parties that span several houses at once! Get creative!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Yes, I have a question.
Will the teleporters be Rare Drops in Wysteria? :-)

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Hello professor Greyrose! I have some questions. Are these teleporters 2 way so you can go back and forth or is it just 1 way? Can you make it so there are both types? Are they the size like on the island off of the massive fantasy house or in the tower of the helephant? Lastly, will these be super hard to craft or just moderately hard (just to say, please make it the latter)? Thank you for your time.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Sorry Professor, but your statement isn't quite exactly true.
Both the crowns "six pack 'o porters", and the crafted teleporters, say "No Trade, No Auction".
And the destinations selected for the teleporter are gone once the teleporter is picked up and put back into your inventory.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Professor, thank you so much for fixing the crafting problem! KI has done it again!!! I will definitely buy a teleporter for mazes and parties throughout houses! Thanks again,

~Jamesskullwielder
Legendary Death

Community Leader
Administrator
Seems our documentation isn't quite up to date!

You're correct, they are no trade, thank you!

FleurDeMort wrote:
Sorry Professor, but your statement isn't quite exactly true.
Both the crowns "six pack 'o porters", and the crafted teleporters, say "No Trade, No Auction".
And the destinations selected for the teleporter are gone once the teleporter is picked up and put back into your inventory.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
Like to garden in your Marleybone house but throw parties in your Sultan's Palace? Now you can quickly hop from one of your houses to another on the same character without unequipping and reequipping the different houses! Just get a Teleporter!

Teleporters will be available on the Test Realm to purchase with Crowns. When this update goes to the Live Game players can either Purchase these items with Crowns, or Craft them.

Teleporters have an entrance and an exit. When you first place a Teleporter through your Decorating Panel, you are marking its exit, then you will be prompted to place the Teleporter down so it can become the entrance.

You can place the entrance and exit in the same home.

You can also place the the exit in one home, and the Teleporter in another home, but that character must own both homes, because to do this, you must place the exit, unequip the current house, equip the other house and recall to it to place the Teleporter.

You cannot place the exit or the Teleporter in someone else's home.

You cannot place the exit or the Teleporter in an area that is not a house or dorm owned by your character.

Correction: You cannot place the Teleporter in the Shared Bank.

So let's see what kind of fun you can have with Teleporters. Make mazes and puzzles for your friends! Host parties that span several houses at once! Get creative!

community@wizard101.com
Historian
May 01, 2010
can any of you tell me what rank you have to be to craft it? i want to know because if its grandmaster or master artisan, i probably should start crafting on my life becore my sub runs out again.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
To answer some questions, the teleporters ARE Grandmaster recipies. So get started :-)
They only teleport in ONE direction, and do not look like the one in the massive fantasy palace.
There are 8 different recipies, the hardest one being green. They take treasure cards as follows:
White - 7 Ice Giant
Yellow - 7 Earthquake
Orange - 7 Power Nova
Green - 7 Regenerate
Blue - 7 Orthrus
Cyan - 7 Scarecrow
Purple - 7 Storm Lord
Red - 7 Fire Dagon
You will also need Golden Pearls, Sunstone, Black Lotus, Scap Iron, and something else I can't remember. They are available at Celestia Base Camp, from the recipie vendor there.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
just wondering. will these teleports be buyable from a Wysteria Crafting Pig. if so will you have to be an Initiate Crafter and over, seen as you get Wysteria half way through MB (unless you're already in Mooshu.) If inittiate then only 1 quest to go before i can buy a teleport! :-D :-) :-)

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
@ slammer111

You have to be a Grand crafter to make the portals. Glad I did before they came out. What a pain it was to reach grand.

Robert DragonWhisperer lvl 60 Lifer