Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone Else Noticing This?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
I've noticed that when you check different people's charachter panel, when you go to PvP, almost everyone has more losses than wins. I even saw someone with like 4 wins and 83 losses! Does anyone else notice this?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
My wins have always been above my loses. However I do notice this because a lot of people down rank. It is basically you make yourself lose a pvp so you will purposely lose rank, so people can get easier opponents. Um but for the 4 wins and 84 loses, I really don't know what they were doing. I mean he might have been down ranking into negatives to fight really easy opponents but I'm really not sure as to why they would be like that. But I do agree i have seen this and it is usually the work of downranking.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
thorvon65 wrote:
My wins have always been above my loses. However I do notice this because a lot of people down rank. It is basically you make yourself lose a pvp so you will purposely lose rank, so people can get easier opponents. Um but for the 4 wins and 84 loses, I really don't know what they were doing. I mean he might have been down ranking into negatives to fight really easy opponents but I'm really not sure as to why they would be like that. But I do agree i have seen this and it is usually the work of downranking.

That does sort of make sense, but I dont get why they would do that. Isnt the point to get the highest rank possible? And with the 4-83 guys, his rank was like 236 or something.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Dogsrule wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

That does sort of make sense, but I dont get why they would do that. Isnt the point to get the highest rank possible? And with the 4-83 guys, his rank was like 236 or something.

Like i said he probably did it so he could fight really low level people, or maybe it was just honest loses, or he might have just helped someone down rank in 2v2. But yea I really don't know why. I just know a few reasons why but i can't be entirely sure.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010

Well, on my myth character, I used to be horrible at PvP, and I have more losses than wins now. I see what you mean by down ranking, but mine was true hard earned losses. lol Anyways, now that I have trained into different schools than before watch out cause JAMES GIANTGEM is in your face! :D

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
My life wiz, Caroline Sunbright has a very low rank all because of 1v1 matches when she was only in the 30s levels. Her record is something like 40 wins - 70 losses. Well not exact, but something like that. So maybe those people just have more losses because of 1v1

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
I get what you all are saying, but their is always the same amount of losers as winners in a match so it's not like more than half of people are downranking. Obviously they are not all downranking but still. And it's the same case with the 1v1 situation. The low level theory seems likely. Thats why I'm not doing Pvp till I get high level.