Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Does PVP Work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
Hi everyone! my name is Courtney IceWeaver. I'm a lvl 60 Ice wizard. I have 3 other legendaries as well. I was thinking of starting PVP one day cause I'm really bored and plus I want a really cool dress Diego sells for 1,000 arena tickets lol XD. I have never done PVP before and I don't really know how it works. So can someone explain to me what spells are the best to use, what gear I should wear, stuff like that. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :-)

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
enarocks wrote:
Hi everyone! my name is Courtney IceWeaver. I'm a lvl 60 Ice wizard. I have 3 other legendaries as well. I was thinking of starting PVP one day cause I'm really bored and plus I want a really cool dress Diego sells for 1,000 arena tickets lol XD. I have never done PVP before and I don't really know how it works. So can someone explain to me what spells are the best to use, what gear I should wear, stuff like that. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :-)
your ice should be very good at pvp with all of your defensive spells and high health I myself do not know a good strategy for ice but you could try looking on wizard 101 cebtral for good strategies for your ice and your othe legends.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Hey courtney, I am Dylan Death and I am a legendary Death, and a PvP Warlord so ill explain to you how PvP works.

First off in PvP there are rankings that you can earn by winning games and getting your PvP Rating to a certain number. The ranking in order from lowest to highest are:

Private, 0-524 rating
Corproelle, 525-549 rating
Sergeant ,550-599 rating
Veteran, 600-649 rating
Knight,650-699 rating
Captain, 700-799 rating
Commander, 800-899 rating
Warlord, 900- and up

In ranked pvp when you put yourself in a ranked match, the game tries to find you a another wizard who is close to your level and PvP Rank and Rating.

By winning the match you get points that improves your rating .based on the skill of you and the opponent you get however as many points the game feels you should desverve to gain.

If you lose a match the same thing happens just the oppisite, you lose points based on your skill and your opponent.

each game you recive arena tickets even if you lose, of course you gain more arena tickets if you win though. If you want to spent your arena tickets you can go to diego and if you have enough tickets and you PvP rank is high enough you can purchase it. The robe you were talking about that diego sells is like you said 1000 tickets, but it is for being a PvP commander which is getting your rating to 800.

PvP takes allot of practice and stratagy so i would reccomend going to Wizard101 central and look for legendary ice stratagy. With my experiences playing ice wizards they are very powerful because of there resist, defences and The card snow angel.

For gear, I would reccoment all the Frosbite gear from the waterworks, but you could use the Frosbite Hat and shoes but use the celestia snow smoke for an extra 5% resist to all classes.

The lifeforce blade is the best choice for a wand if you have the crowns.

Also if you have the crowns the life mastery amulet is a good choice because it allows you to use power pips to heal.

Life is the best secondary for ice, if you buy back your training points train life up to satyr and balance up to weakness. Weakness is a very important card for PvP becuase allot of people will not attack with a weakness on.

For Dagger and ring, i dont know if you craft but if you do the cosmic cris and the stellar singet are the best choices, but if you do not then you can choose what you think is best because i am not sure. For deck, the deck that works best for you.

And finally pets, a pet with spritely and spell proof or spell defy can be extreamly helpful so look into that.

I hope this helped and good luck!

Dylan Death, Legendary Death, PvP Warlord
Blaze Fire, Legendary Pyromancer, PvP Warlord