Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opponents healing

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 01, 2011
It makes me mad when i am doing pvp and people heal. it makes the duel longer.one duel someone kept putting blades and shields and never used them. they saved there pips to heal.It was crazy like why not attack i would.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
It called strategy if they rather live and wait till your pips are low to attack don't complain. Every wizard has a different strategy in winning a duel if there strategy is to heal a lot use it against them but putting up infection and healing your self as well.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Healing is part of a strategy, just because you don't do something, does not make it unfair... The fact is, sometimes, healing is a good thing, you have to know when to and when not to... Healing at the right time can save you or it can cost you a match...

But to ever say healing is unfair, that is just wrong in so many ways!

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
YEA how darn they heal shame on them ( sorry cant keep a straight face) LOL hahaha ok ok gotta not read this again my side hurts from laughing

M.RedBlood death

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The only way I know to prevent myself from dying after PvP attacks have weakened me is to heal. I understand your frustration though; your opponents just aren't dying as easily as you would like them to die. :P

But if all the healing is annoying you, then your opponents must be doing something right. My motto is anything that annoys my opponent must be a good thing.

Sincerely,

Mr. Healing, Shielding, Minion, Treasure Noob of Grand Design

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I myself don't like healing and don't like people healing when i'm fighting them in a pvp. But that doesn't mean i think it should be banned, on the contrary, Yesterday when i was pvping I used my doom and gloom(I'm not even death i'm ice). And just did small amounts of damage, and guess what they tried to heal, satyr did about a 180 heal, pixie did a 90 heal, and all they were doing was wasting pips, healing isn't just strategy it is gambling if your healing when you shouldn't your just wasting pips, if you don't like healing use that to your advantage, doom and gloom, and infection some of my favorite spells.

Historian
May 01, 2010
you know i thought that they put this type thread to rest a long time ago...

although somewhat cheap, i admit that, defense can be the fine line of winning and/or losing.

i would say you should get some shatter treasure cards to take care of the shields, and some infections for the healing if this is a reoccuring problem. anyway i have a question, what school are you? if your storm, then i wouldnt blade and just keep using a storm snake or low rank spell like that, if your fire, why not fire elf? if your balance, you can attack through the shields, if your myth, shatter, if your life, just shield and pass, they have to attack sometimes, and run out of shields and heals, right? same with ice, save up for a huge attack, when you find they running out of shields, shatter and then do something like angel, did i miss anything? wait yea, death... uuh right all i can think of is shatter XD

anyway, whichever school you are, there is a way to get through shields, you may not get much progress but, there is only a cirtain amount of shields they cna put in there deck, watch the percentages on the shields, see if they are treasure or normal. and trust me, low rank spells can be your best friend (i remember when i would spam treasure gargantuan fire elves for fun but dang those things pack a punch, especially when you have three ticks, each doing about two hundred damage each XD)

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Well I disagree and agree it depends on the person I am not one to judge
It makes me mad when i am doing pvp and people heal. it makes the duel longer.one duel someone kept putting bla yades and shields and never used them. they saved there pips to heal.It was crazy like why not attack i would.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
to me the ability to heal is there for NPC battles.

PvP is to show you know how to use your spells
and lay out tactics to win a duel.

in my opinion healing in a multiplayer PvP is a sigh of weak tactics.
[unless the bout is unequal in players levels. legendary team against low levels this is where the lower level can use the tactics due to spell strength]

and should not be done at any cost as it means you are not able to think beyond the current round and it is a result of fear you can not win with less members in the team.

before my team enters a PvP we decide to either use or not use this tactic in the game . normally we dont. but when your a lower level up against the team of legendary players who use level 58 spells against you then that card will be allowed for that one player .

so i guess it depends on the team and the round you draw...
and how confident you are in your selected tactic.

of course if you a lower level group and you do defeat the legendary team
be ready they tend to get upset and call you name and threaten
to report you for cheating. and that is a false report.
if they do remind them that false reporting could get them in trouble.

and remember good sportsmanship is a quality of a good leader.

Defender
May 01, 2011
i now disagree with what i said at the beggining if i am going with a legendary storm healing cards would be very helpful. :)

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
hobi wrote:
to me the ability to heal is there for NPC battles.

in my opinion healing in a multiplayer PvP is a sigh of weak tactics.
[unless the bout is unequal in players levels. legendary team against low levels this is where the lower level can use the tactics due to spell strength]

and should not be done at any cost as it means you are not able to think beyond the current round and it is a result of fear you can not win with less members in the team.

before my team enters a PvP we decide to either use or not use this tactic in the game . normally we dont. but when your a lower level up against the team of legendary players who use level 58 spells against you then that card will be allowed for that one player .

so i guess it depends on the team and the round you draw...
and how confident you are in your selected tactic.

be ready they tend to get upset and call you name and threaten
to report you for cheating. and that is a false report.
if they do remind them that false reporting could get them in trouble.

and remember good sportsmanship is a quality of a good leader.

Pardon me for disagreeing.

Healing spells are spells, too. Spells that you certainly need to know how to use in PvP. Staying alive is a tactic.

in my opinion healing in a multiplayer PvP is a sigh of weak tactics

I'm not sure what you mean. Healing can revive knocked out players. It can keep teammates alive. Clearly, it can frustrate your opponent and make him get sloppy. How are those weak tactics?

You're not serious, are you? No healing at any cost? Just because I heal to save my own life doesn't mean I can't think past the current round. It means I'm trying to save my own life. Or someone else's life, if I'm in 2v2 or 4v4.

And it may not be fear of winning with less members. Maybe it's consideration? How rude is it to not heal someone who's been defeated when you have opportunities to? Is the defeated teammate just supposed to sit there and watch his/her team get decimated, just because someone is too self-righteous to interrupt their strategy to bring him/her back into the game?

be ready they tend to get upset

Not to be rude, but I just stopped reading after that. It's been said several thousand times too many.

I really don't see how healing is a poor tactic in PvP. :? :? :?

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
It makes me mad when i am doing pvp and people heal. it makes the duel longer.one duel someone kept putting blades and shields and never used them. they saved there pips to heal.It was crazy like why not attack i would.

I do sometimes get annoyed when a wizard heals, but that's how the battle works. They heal, they heal. They'll run out of pixie spells eventually. If it's too annoying, then you can just stack up blades and traps and pwn them in one strike so they can't heal, or cast Doom and Gloom and/or infection so they won't heal much.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
I myself don't like healing and don't like people healing when i'm fighting them in a pvp. But that doesn't mean i think it should be banned, on the contrary, Yesterday when i was pvping I used my doom and gloom(I'm not even death i'm ice). And just did small amounts of damage, and guess what they tried to heal, satyr did about a 180 heal, pixie did a 90 heal, and all they were doing was wasting pips, healing isn't just strategy it is gambling if your healing when you shouldn't your just wasting pips, if you don't like healing use that to your advantage, doom and gloom, and infection some of my favorite spells.

I once PvP-ed with a level 10 wizard, I was about to use a Wraith on him, but he (somehow) saw what was coming and managed a death shield through, wasting my Feint but still biting a chunk out of his life points. So he used Pixie. On the next round, I casted Doom and Gloom, a bunch of infections, then Wraith'ed him again. Since Doom and Gloom was made for Death, the health that the Wraith returned was not disrupted. He tried using Pixie again, and he only healed a mere 70 points

If you hate healing wizards, then I suggest you train Infection and/or Doom and Gloom so you can trap your opponent in a nightmare where no heal will truly do any effect.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Heal. It's called greatness in pvp.
Believe me I know it's annoying. I have had many a one hit kill strategy. None of them work. Nary a one works for me. I mean for crying out loud, have you any IDEA how many tower shields can go in a deck?
At any rate, rant ended. Healing notability. Use it. Milk it for all its worth. If you can annoy the living snails out of a person, they'll lose it, they'll make mistakes, and you will win. It's how I operate.
It's how most warlords operate too
~-R. .N.A.N-~
Kane Drake, level 10 conjurer, rank 611 veteran

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Wow. Really? When you pvp you have spells that hurt, spells that heal, and spells that control. So, I guess you are saying I shouldn't pwn you with my judgement because it would annoy you? I guess it would let you have a fast battle though. As for that person who said no healing no matter what, I am too astounded at their words to reply.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I am sorry, but, in my opinion, anyone who does not have some healing cards in their deck when they pvp, or does not heal, is weak in tactics and strategy...

Sometimes the best offense is a good defense and sometimes, knowing when to heal can win you the match... Anyone who thinks otherwise, probably is not that good at pvp or does not have good strategies...

This message is brought to you, by your Master Legend,

DarthJT